Are you comfortable being a SAHM

Just became a SAHM for 1 month.
Would like to find out, are you comfortable about being a SAHM? Do you worry about future finance issues, job prospects?
Are you comfortable with the allowance your hubby is giving you?

mackin

HI there,
I have been a SAHM for almost 3 yrs. If you ask whether comfortable to be one, Too be frank, initially nope but I have gotten used to it now. i was a preschool teacher b4 I quit to look after my boy. Till now, I'm still worry abt future finance and other stuff.
As for the allowance, I shld say not comfortable but there's nothing I could say abt it.

Queenbabe

Just became a stay at home mum for 1 month.
Would like to find out, are you comfortable about being a stay at home mum? Do you worry about future finance issues, job prospects?
Im a Sahm for about 1years+ , im comfortable that i can look after my kids myself but i do still worry about future ...... As for the allowance my hubby give im still fine with it ... If he get more commission he will give me extra more so im ok now :001_302:

potato

I'm a stay at home mum for 6 months now and i intend to be until my daughter is older. I wouldn't mind a home base job though! Anybody can recommend me? :)

HI there,
I have been a stay at home mum for almost 3 yrs. If you ask whether comfortable to be one, Too be frank, initially nope but I have gotten used to it now. i was a preschool teacher before I quit to look after my boy. Till now, I'm still worry about future finance and other stuff.
As for the allowance, I shld say not comfortable but there's nothing I could say about it.

Glad to know i am not alone...its just that staying home is so different in terms of finances, used to save quite alot monthly, could contribute more to my parents..i think my parents think it is a waste of my education...

now that i am a sahm i would be lucky if i can save a few hundred a month....love the time with the kids tho, n the kids love me staying home

Domique

Me too 1 yr plus liao before i delivery Alaric.
my hubby also on sales so will give me more too when com is more..
:)

Im a stay at home mum for about 1years+ , im comfortable that i can look after my kids myself but i do still worry about future ...... As for the allowance my hubby give im still fine with it ... If he get more commission he will give me extra more so im ok now :001_302:

pink_daisy

ive been a sahm for 4yrs...... of coz worry abt future n the increasing expenses... but cant do much.. can only cut down on unnecessary spending.. my hubby doesnt really give me allowances.. i will actually note down the expenses and take from him at the end of each week. if he ask, y spend so much then i will show him my notebook..haha

serenelm

i've been sahm for 2+ yrs le... comfortable lah cos i love being at home wif kids... as for finance, gotta be more careful wif money lor... thou i'm still struggling wif tis cos i love shopping :p

i've been stay at home mum for 2+ yrs ... comfortable cos i love being at home with kids... as for finance, gotta be more careful with money ... thou i'm still struggling with tis cos i love shopping :p

o wow serene, u have 3 kids! wonderful!
mine is 8 and 5, and darling hubby wants one more. i am 34 already, so thinking of trying for one more,before i get too old, but worried that if i stay home for a few more yrs, by the time i wanna re-enter work force, maybe 40 already and maybe by then it will be v tough to find employment...i am a worrywart, worried abt retirement

jasobias

Would like to find out, are you comfortable about being a stay at home mum? Do you worry about future finance issues, job prospects?
I have been a SAHM for 7 yrs already!!hahah..its so long when i think abt it.Busy with my 2 boys ages 5 n 7 n baby 5 weeks old.As for finances of course sacrifices has to be made .My hubby doesnt need to gimme allowance as i run the finances so i just withdraw wht i need..i can be quite a spendthrift so its all not tht gd.Nowadays everythingc ost so much money..bringing kids to movies,sentosa,zoo.Even if stay home n bake with them still have to buy ingredients.I dont regret it though my father always tells me it is a waste of my degree.My kids do well in theri school n i am available on hand if they need any help.Was working in a hospital b4 so when they fall sick i dont usually go see dr,i have my supply of meds at home.:001_302:

I have been a stay at home mum for 7 yrs already!!hahah..its so long when i think about it.Busy with my 2 boys ages 5 and 7 and baby 5 weeks old.As for finances of course sacrifices has to be made .My hubby doesnt need to gimme allowance as i run the finances so i just withdraw wht i need..i can be quite a spendthrift so its all not tht good.Nowadays everythingc ost so much money..bringing kids to movies,sentosa,zoo.Even if stay home and bake with them still have to buy ingredients.I dont regret it though my father always tells me it is a waste of my degree.My kids do well in theri school and i am available on hand if they need any help.Was working in a hospital before so when they fall sick i dont usually go see dr,i have my supply of meds at home.:001_302:

my parents also tell me its a waste of my degree...so nice of your hubby to let you run the finances..for me, its a fixed allowance..i'm fine with it, tho maybe i would feel more secure if he gives me his entire pay then i assign where to spend..jeje

glenndanker

Alpha Male
Initially, I do have a lot of concern, money, how I spent my time at home, will I be out of place when I have to come out to work in future, in case any unforseen matters happen how can I cope and many many more.....Slowly I adapt to life one day at a time, read more books about parenting, how to manage finances, try to mingle with people and not keeping myself at home all the time,go for self development seminar whenever possible, sometimes eat out (to save some money and yet have nutritional food I normally cook) Looking at your child grow up day by day motivates me and I hope you too cause they grow up to be a better person with mum then with maid. This I can assure you.....

glenndanker

Alpha Male
HI there,
I have been a stay at home mum for almost 3 yrs. If you ask whether comfortable to be one, Too be frank, initially nope but I have gotten used to it now. i was a preschool teacher before I quit to look after my boy. Till now, I'm still worry about future finance and other stuff.
As for the allowance, I shld say not comfortable but there's nothing I could say about it.
Hi I can understand your concern cause we all do not know much about managing money. I can share with you cause I have been learning alot from this author Robert Kiyosaki, Rich Dad Poor Dad and also his cashflow game. His wife Kim Kiyosaki have wrote a book Rich Woman and she is very encouraging. Try getting hold of this two books and keep your mind working instead of worrying, it is not going to lead you anywhere. Be a smart mummy and your chidren sure be proud of you, yes!!!!

carin04

Alpha Male
Hi, I had been a SAHM for only 3 months.... Initially I do worry about finances .... now I try to plan my spending ... But the time spent with my gal is more then worth the decision.....

snowbear

I've been a sahm for 1year+ now. I'm so comfortable being a sahm that sometimes i can't help but worry about having to go back to work when my dd's older... hee... finances are ok, just have to be much more prudent with spending than before.

angelwendy

Actually i also worried abt the finance issues.. i'm now working.. nex year i will be giving birth.. so my hubby was thinking that i stop working n stay home to look after our BB.. i'm always worried.. so see how it goes..

sugarcookie

There are days I love being a SAHM, and there are days when I absolutely hate it.

I guess the thing I dislike the most about being a SAHM is the lack of having my own money. Now, whenever I want to get something, I have to think twice. I used to shop A LOT before I became a SAHM. Now, I hardly buy anything for myself.

I know it sounds selfish but sometimes, I just want to get something for myself and not always for baby, baby, baby.

There are days I love being a stay at home mum, and there are days when I absolutely hate it.

I guess the thing I dislike the most about being a stay at home mum is the lack of having my own money. Now, whenever I want to get something, I have to think twice. I used to shop A LOT before I became a stay at home mum. Now, I hardly buy anything for myself.

I know it sounds selfish but sometimes, I just want to get something for myself and not always for baby, baby, baby.

Hi sugar cookie

Can understand, sometimes we just want to shop for ourselves, nothing wrong with it : )
For me, I am a saver, so i am not used to not being able to save as a sahm.
Worried abt retirement!

candy_ian

i ended my maternity leave 2 months back and initially decided to go back to work in oct but dear son reluctant to use bottle only wants to latch on so hubby decided that i shld stay hm. so now staying hm have to save save save loh.. Saving on my expenses but dun wanna cut down on son's expenses thus now considering if to continue with maid.