Asthma & Pregnant

MizfitMumma

Any mummies out der pregnant & having asthma? Or wuz pregnant & had asthma? Wuz the asthma really bad? How U mummies cope? I'm 7mths pregnant now & hving asthma. My asthma's got quite bad since I'm pregnant. Today I juz tookthe nabulizer. Any mummies out der share d same xprience???

candy_ian

i've always been having asthma attacks on and off and on regular nebulizer seretide. attacks a little more often in my early third trimester. according to my gynae just cotinue with my seretide nebulizer and to take my ventolin nebulizer 4 hrly during bad days.

apollo

i have asthma too but abt 6mths b4 preg, asthma attack has decrease... I've got an attack during early pregnancy and got not choice hav to use the blue inhaler (forgot e name).. but for those daily use de i nv use cos mine is not very serious so i just skip it =P

Hi MizfitMumma,

I'm not too sure if this is your 1st child but I hope the info below is helpful to you.

Asthma During Pregnancy-Topic Overview

If possible, please provide organic products for your baby.

Creating a pure, natural environment is an important choice for a growing number of parents. Choosing 100% organic cotton is the first step toward natural living, both for our sensitive babies, as well as our environment. Pesticide and chemically-treated clothing, nappies and bedding block the natural balance of the skin by trapping heat and preventing it from “breathing” which can cause rashes and eczema on sensitive skin. Organic cotton is pure and natural and allows the skin to breathe.​
Many people consider conventional (non-organic) cotton to be one of the world’s purest fibres, but in actual fact it is one of the world’s most heavily sprayed crops and is believed to cause up to 20,000 deaths and 3 million poisonings every year in developing countries. (Figures from the World Health Organisation- WHO)
Benefit of organics
Organic agriculture protects the health of people and the planet by reducing the overall exposure to toxic chemicals that can end up in the ground, air, water and food supply, and which are associated with health consequences from asthma to cancer. Because organic agriculture doesn’t use toxic chemicals and pesticides, choosing to buy organic products is one way we can help to care for ourselves and our children by leaving behind a clean healthy planet. The benefits of choosing organic cotton are many:-
  • A healthier planet- no pesticides and hazardous chemicals are used so better for the community and for our precious planet.
  • Better for farmers and farming communities- farmers and their families are not exposed to the toxic chemicals used in conventional farming which can cause death and poisonings, thus saving lives.
  • Better for the consumer- as much as 60% of what we put on our skin is absorbed into our bodies thus by using organic cotton we avoid all the unnecessary chemicals which can cause rashes, asthma, allergies etc
FACTS
  • Conventional Cotton represents only 2.4% of all cultivated land but uses 24% of all insecticides and 11% of all pesticides used in the world each year.
  • Chlorine bleach and formaldehyde are used for whitening and finishing in conventional cotton. These are known cancer causing agents.
  • Conventional cotton uses 84 million pounds of pesticides and 2 billion pounds of synthetic fertilisers every year.
BR
Belinda Sng
After Organic - organic cotton clothes for baby and children in Singapore