Average charges of a GP visit?

destan2011

Hi Mummies and Daddies,

My 3 month old fell sick twice and each time we visit the GP nearby where we are staying, under Healthway Medical Group, costs almost $50, medication inclusive.

We get a fever and cough medicine and 5 mins consultation thats about it. And
even though they accept Baby Bonus card, its like pointless cos i feel like we're
ripped off.

The reason why i felt so is because i went there on my own for a sore throat and it
costed me $40+ too! My average GP visits are $20+ for illnesses like these.

So if possible maybe mummies and daddies advise me on your average GP charges
for such illnesses as fever and cough and i see if i should switch to other GPs. Too bad i paid for the immunisations already.

Thank you for reading!

apollo

Healthway charges is like that. IIRC, their consultation charge is ard $20 while the GP i always go to, charges $10-$12 for consultation and usually total bill is ard $25. But nowadays MOST GP visit is ard $30+ (inclusive of medications).

As for the vaccinations package for babies, i think healthyway charges is okay, not ex compared with PD clinic. And the vac charges are are there, some clinic charges $10-20 more only, if count by percentage, is ard 5% more?

candy_ian

Actually there's a range according to duration of consultation. The charges incurred u would have to c what medications u r getting as well as brand-name n generic names prices vary alot! Even if they r the same thing. So diff clinics uses either so charges may differ

Ting

actually for pin n myself, we see the same GP (since she was a NB), all the while the charges are usually arnd 50+ for pin (depends on what medication n how much medication needed).for me, it's abt $30-$40. i just went to my doc last fri due to a throat infection and flu, my bill also came up to $50. i think quite the norm ba.. thats why usu i will bring pin to see my GP but i go to polyclinics instead, unless very serious, then i will go to the GP.

redjn

it depend but it should be about $30 - 50 based on sickness condition. so far the lowest I paid is $25 but lately I change to a better GP which cost me $30-40.

MsKoh1973

I go GP when my girls are sick (girl and younger niece 6 yo/ older niece 9 yo), usually the charges is about $22 - $28, if only flu, cough, ventolin, sabutamo etc, but if got antibiotic, may go up to abt $40+, so far, rarely hit $50 and above.

wxw001

I took my baby to mp baby clinic due to colic prob... First consultation with med cost me $50. The second time I took him to the baby clinic at housing, first visit also $50. But got fever medicine. 2nd time we visit the housing baby doc, it cost35, no medicine.

shopaholic

I feel Healthway's charges are a bit high. If yours is about $50, I think it's still acceptable if you recover soon after. For my last visit (I had flu), they charged me $70 and I didnt get better. I went a 2nd time and was charged another $70 with antibiotics. In total, it cost me $140. That, to me, is expensive. :(

For my usual GP, normal visit is usually about $40+. I think it really depends on the medication. I dont mind the charges as long as we get well speedily. The thing that gets to me is paying more and yet didnt get better!