Babies sleeping in air-conditioned room at nite

nora23

Mommies, does yr baby gets blocked nose or runny nose from dat? Mine seems to always have blocked nose in the morn, n now she is having runny nose.... any ways to prevent? thks

jxmummy

Mommies, does your baby gets blocked nose or runny nose from dat? Mine seems to always have blocked nose in the morn, n now she is having runny nose.... any ways to prevent? thks
i always adjust the temperature to room temperature, ard 24-25 degrees =)

camom

Mine doesn't if I leave a glass of water in the aircon room. Probably the air is too dry and cause the nose to be uncomfortable.

hakisumi

got a few time graham nose block.. den i buy the pump to suck out.. but after awhile.. he ok le...
i heard *humidifier* helps.. but i am not sure

diymummy

My son is also sleeping in air con room. He ALWAYS has blocked nose and sorethroat because of dryness of the air.

I've bought a humidifier. It doesn't seem to help

The temp is adjusted to 26C. It doesn't help as well.

I believe it is dust accumulated in the room. As well as dustmites in his mattress. I'm going to buy a dustmite vaccum cleaner soon.

meiteoh

I find anything below 27 C to be too cold for a baby - in fact, my air-con in her room, especially at nights is down to only 28 C and the lowest speed possible. In fact, for the past two months, I haven't used the air con at all because it can get quite chilly from midnight onwards.

Also, like diymummy mentioned, try dusting your baby's room regularly or keep the windows closed during the day and curtains drawn at night (but windows open). Maybe that will help. :)

Oppsgal

We on air-con at night but before we gone sleeping, we off the air-con for our baby. Air-con is on 27-28 degree only. 27 already very cold.

joeyz

i used to on air con for my boy but now changed to fan which he seem to sleep better. I noticed his thigh hv some pimples looking bumps, my hubby said it is due to he being expose to the fan and drying his skin out. Anyway, if i on aircon, i will adjust it to 28c.. my hubby wants me to adjust to 29c which i find like normal room temp, too stuffy for me.. better not on thn on. lol

nora23

Hubby suggested dat we now sleep with aircon at 25 to 26 degree celsius n keep e window open, well e curtain will just cover the window slightly so dat there's air circulation. Been doin dat for a wk now, n things seem to b better for my baby. No more blocked nose.

Ting

hmmm, but wont it be a wastage n kinda defeat the purpose??
pin hadnt been slping in aircon since NB, only at times when it gets really warm..
i think the weather lately has been pretty chilly at night, so just leave the windows open shld be quite airy n windy.
alternatively, buy another fan.

nora23

hmmm, but wont it be a wastage n kinda defeat the purpose??
pin hadnt been sleeping in aircon since NB, only at times when it gets really warm..
i think the weather lately has been pretty chilly at night, so just leave the windows open shld be quite airy n windy.
alternatively, buy another fan.
Initially, dat was wat i thought too...defeat e purpose of usin aircon. But I find dat e room is still as cold even after opening a small fraction of e window.

camom

My 2 kids sleep with the aircon (highest temp is 23 Deg C) and fan on together. At keast 1 of them will wake up if either appliance is switched off. What we do is set the off timer for aircon at 4am in the morning. The fan will be switched off only when everyone wakes up. The cold air can last for at least 1 hour more so just nice for my P1 who needs to wake up at 5am.