Baby ben only wants mummy after....

ben10

Alpha Male
Baby ben ( 7 months 2 weeks ) started to cling and always search for mummy after the last 6in1 injection followed by a slight 2 days fever. He's usually ok with most people (whom he see daily) carrying him .... but recently, after his injection and fever.... He's like a kaola bear cling onto mummy... even when playing, he search frantically for mummy when mummy go toilet. His cry will stop .. smile comes in immediately once mummy appears.

Even my mother taking care of him daily can't carry him when mummy is around... sometimes don't even want daddy. Once he sees mummy, he'll cry for mummy to carry or play. Now my domestic helper, brother , sister-in-law whom usually carry or play with him need mummy to be around to play with him. Mummy is starting to get exhausted.... everyone is trying to get his attention but his focused is always on mummy. How...????:( His attention on mummy only started recently.......

thepinkdot

its called separation anxiety.

it will occur around this age.. try distracting him with songs and games instead of saying "mummy is tired and wants to rest".. just plunge into a new activity and distract him from crying. bring him outdoors.. point at random objects and say "look ben.. woah! see that's such a beautiful flower"..

Phoebii Cheng

Yes, distract him with lots of lights or colourful objects....songs, my son when he was younger also very clingly, normally we tell our friends who want to carry him to distract him

Btw, your son very cute :tlaugh:

EnEn09

HI,

my baby used to be ben when she was ard his age. (nw she's coming 9mths)
She gets crankier when approaching night time. Only wants mummy and nobody else. Cant even put her down on bed. Get your hubby or relatives to play with her and sit with her for a start. Then start by walking within a distance that he can still sees you while he plays, he will not be so clingy...
Hope this method will help you =)

ben10

Alpha Male
Yes, distract him with lots of lights or colourful objects....songs, my son when he was younger also very clingly, normally we tell our friends who want to carry him to distract him

Maybe also his first teeth is springing out... so he's more grouchy. Thks.:001_302:

chiro

its a growing phase...dun worry...

they will cry until very pitiful...then keep quiet when mummy caay him...

apollo

ur baby is SO CUTE!! big eyes!!! i like!! hehe..

okay, bk to the topic.. i think it's pretty normal.. sometimes ds will stick to me for a few days.. then aft tt switch to my mum, den to my hubby.. these few days, is my turn.. hehe..

AugBoyz

Its normal. Baby tends feel sudden attached to a certain person and will switch the person he wanna do the koala stunts a few times in his toddler years. It will be ok once he is older.

littlesheep

Its normal. Baby tends feel sudden attached to a certain person and will switch the person he wanna do the koala stunts a few times in his toddler years. It will be ok once he is older.
oh..is it why my girl is rejecting me recently?
She will ignore me when i talked to her..even cried when i reached home after work. Only want my mum who is looking after her.

AugBoyz

oh..is it why my girl is rejecting me recently?
She will ignore me when i talked to her..even cried when i reached home after work. Only want my mum who is looking after her.
Could be :) Never mind lah, take it as a chance to rest n sleep fully! Thats what i did when my monster dun want me; to the extend dun even want to sit alone in the living room with me w/o his daddy. Once daddy get up he will start to whine, daddy go toilet he walk to the toilet, sit outside n cry till so sad, like his dad abandon him *faintz*

After few months its my turn... stick to me like GLUE! Shake n wun go away :tlaugh:

littlesheep

Could be :) Never mind , take it as a chance to rest n sleep fully! Thats what i did when my monster dont want me; to the extend dont even want to sit alone in the living room with me w/o his daddy. Once daddy get up he will start to whine, daddy go toilet he walk to the toilet, sit outside n cry till so sad, like his dad abandon him *faintz*

After few months its my turn... stick to me like GLUE! Shake n wun go away :tlaugh:
how old was your son then?

hmm...hope my ger can break that stickiness soon..cos my mum is going away for holidays~

AugBoyz

how old was your son then?

hmm...hope my ger can break that stickiness soon..cos my mum is going away for holidays~
there were 2 phrases of not wanting me if i remember correctly, once when he was 1yr+ n the 2nd time was 2yrs+ then 3yrs old till now stick to me lor but not like super glue any more *phew*

ben10

Alpha Male

The distracting does work sometimes.... but normally only outside or shopping... at home still wants mummy....