Baby born on Year 2010 have not enter to playground or childcare??

Hi mummies,

Wondering any mummies have not let the kids enter playground or childcare?
Recently, I find the childcare center for my baby who born on year 2010 on next year. But most of school are fully book, some even not allowed us to put in waiting list.
Mummies, please share... what should I do, and what you consider when you put your kids in playground or childcare.

PinkDiamonds

Childcare is quite high in demand but low in supply in some places. I managed to enter my twins into childcare when they turned 18 months because my eldest daughter was already inside.

There isn't much you can do if the childcare doesn't even allow you to be placed on the waiting list. Just have to call every other month to check if they have any slots. Otherwise, just have to wait for a call from those whom you have been placed on the waiting list.

I remember in end 2010 when I tried to enroll #1 into My First Skool and was placed on a waiting list. I got a call from them only 1 year later!

If you are intending to go back to work, then you may have to consider hiring a babysitter first.

Hi Chrystal,

Wow, receive call after 1 year later. I so regret, I should enrol my boy early.
I feel my boy now already slower than other kids. Feel super guilty...
I am working mother now, my boy now with my nanny. But nanny only take care my boy not teaching him. And recently my nanny take care another 3 mths baby, that why I think should let my boy go childcare or playground to learn more.

I stay in tampines, and also looking childcare in tampines. If anyone have good advice. Please share.
Thanks you so much

PinkDiamonds

Which part of Tampines do you stay? I know there are some nannies who also help to teach the baby things, even phonics! So maybe you can look around to see if there are any.

I was actually very blessed when I managed to enroll my #1 into the child care. It was a last minute decision and I didn't know that there was such a thing as waiting list too. I called them a few weeks before my #1 turned 18 months and just nice they were accepting new kids!

So good. I hope i have the luck also.
I stay nearby Tampines MRT.
Called few childcare even some i went there personally. But too bad, all in waiting list. I wondering govertment keep saying the birth rate is low, but how come no vacancy for the kids.
Maybe as you say, high demand, low supply. But can see many school around. Really confuse.

AcidJez

If staying in the east, maybe can consider Cherie Hearts. Its $600 plus for full day. The one my gal went has good staff and very understanding principal.

MamabbJ

Hi Chrystal,

Wow, receive call after 1 year later. I so regret, I should enrol my boy early.
I feel my boy now already slower than other kids. Feel super guilty...
I am working mother now, my boy now with my nanny. But nanny only take care my boy not teaching him. And recently my nanny take care another 3 mths baby, that why I think should let my boy go childcare or playground to learn more.

I stay in tampines, and also looking childcare in tampines. If anyone have good advice. Please share.
Thanks you so much
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi pangsn7376,

My boy was born end of 2010. I intend to enrol him in N1 next year (2013). I dont't see a rush to do so as I feel he is well-taken care of by my nanny although there is no formal teaching/education programme at the nanny's place. But I find at this tender age, as long as the nanny takes good care of him (and communicates frequently, teaches him new words and good habits, plays with him and brings him out for some outdoor activities) I am happy. Furthermore, I knw many young toddlers are prone to infections at the childcare centres.

Please dont't regret or feel guilty tht you didn't enrol you child earlier at the playgroup. Take your time to find a good and suitable one for your boy. dont't rush -- make sure he is ready too.

I visited about 7 childcare centres bfr shortlisting two. I am staying in the West and we dont't seem to have the waiting list problem... I will continue to interview a few more principals bfr deciding by end of this yr.

If you find it difficult to enrol in centre near to your home, perhaps you may want to consider enrolling him at a centre nearer your working place. Then you can send him to school on the way to work and pick him up after work without having to rush home. You can even pop by to say "hi" during lunch time if the centre is near enough your office.

lasery2k

my boy also not in childcare or any playgroup. don't feel the need to put him in so early coz i have MIL and maid at home to look after him. I only entroll him for enrichment class during weekend so he get to mix around with kids of his own age. (personally feel social interaction for kids is important).

most of the time he will be at home, maid and MIL will teach him things. i also bought lots of barney n borrowed educational vcds from library to let him see while he at home during meals. alot of parents think huh eat n watch TV at the same time. but he learns well during tt time n can seat still not move around so why not.

thinking of putting him in N1 around my area but it's super tough as not much option, even got option also very expensive..so still see see look look around.

Camy03

My daughter also have not attended any CC or playgroup. I have signed her up for pre nursery for 2013 though.
My concern is her health as she fall sick quite easily thats y decide to delay till 2013.
Mommies and daddies have any weekend playgroup to recommend, may consider bringing her for some music class as she loves to dance to music

lasery2k

hi camy,

she love dance and music can consider jody mashall at suntec..they do provide dance classes for tots...went for trial class tt time..$35 buckz..my DS keep jumping around n keep poking at the huge sunflower..think he's not a dance material after all..hahaha

Carline

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi pangsn7376,

My boy was born end of 2010. I intend to enrol him in N1 next year (2013). I dont't see a rush to do so as I feel he is well-taken care of by my nanny although there is no formal teaching/education programme at the nanny's place. But I find at this tender age, as long as the nanny takes good care of him (and communicates frequently, teaches him new words and good habits, plays with him and brings him out for some outdoor activities) I am happy. Furthermore, I knw many young toddlers are prone to infections at the childcare centres.

Please dont't regret or feel guilty tht you didn't enrol you child earlier at the playgroup. Take your time to find a good and suitable one for your boy. dont't rush -- make sure he is ready too.

I visited about 7 childcare centres bfr shortlisting two. I am staying in the West and we dont't seem to have the waiting list problem... I will continue to interview a few more principals bfr deciding by end of this yr.

If you find it difficult to enrol in centre near to your home, perhaps you may want to consider enrolling him at a centre nearer your working place. Then you can send him to school on the way to work and pick him up after work without having to rush home. You can even pop by to say "hi" during lunch time if the centre is near enough your office.

Hi mummie MamabbJ,
do you decide which school your boy will enter? i also still looking ard to put my boy..any recomendation for the school?cos i also stay in west area.

thank you,
Carline

Melancholy

Hi mummies,

Wondering any mummies have not let the kids enter playground or childcare?
Recently, I find the childcare center for my baby who born on year 2010 on next year. But most of school are fully book, some even not allowed us to put in waiting list.
Mummies, please share... what should I do, and what you consider when you put your kids in playground or childcare.
Hi my son is also not in childcare yet. Have tried searching around but i'm still on the waiting list. I'm also afraid that my son will be slower than others in terms of learning :001_07:

mspinkpooh

Same here .
My child was born 2010 too .
Tried myfirstskool too but all was told that all centre is full & hundreds are ahead of me in waiting list .
Should I just put my name in waiting list or keep on looking ?

MamabbJ

Hi mummie MamabbJ,
do you decide which school your boy will enter? i also still looking ard to put my boy..any recomendation for the school?cos i also stay in west area.

thank you,
Carline
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Carline,

I have prepared an Excel spreadsheet which I have used when I shortlisted the different nurseries for my son. I can e-mail it to you if you could PM me your e-mail address. (I am not sure if I can attach any documents in PM? I don't think so...didn't see any icon for attachments.)

You can take a look at the spreadsheet but I did not put down my comments in it as I wrote down my observations/remarks with pen and paper. This spreadsheet is just something that I came out with after talking to some parents and doing some self-reading on the web. I did not visit all the centres listed here but those that I have physically visited are highlighed in yellow. I can share more in e-mail or PM if you are still interested to know.

I guess your baby is about 2 years old now?

Best wishes,
MamabbJ

MamabbJ

Same here .
My child was born 2010 too .
Tried myfirstskool too but all was told that all centre is full & hundreds are ahead of me in waiting list .
Should I just put my name in waiting list or keep on looking ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi mspinkpooh,

My suggestion would be: keep looking!
I would not be keen if a particular centre/nursery is too full/crowded and kids have to be on the waiting list. The student : teacher ratio may be high in these popular centres (although the maximum ratio is regulated by MCYS) -- chances are the crowded classrooms would be chaotic esp. for the younger toddlers and students will not be able to get much attention from the teacher.

Carline

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Carline,

I have prepared an Excel spreadsheet which I have used when I shortlisted the different nurseries for my son. I can e-mail it to you if you could PM me your e-mail address. (I am not sure if I can attach any documents in PM? I don't think so...didn't see any icon for attachments.)

You can take a look at the spreadsheet but I did not put down my comments in it as I wrote down my observations/remarks with pen and paper. This spreadsheet is just something that I came out with after talking to some parents and doing some self-reading on the web. I did not visit all the centres listed here but those that I have physically visited are highlighed in yellow. I can share more in e-mail or PM if you are still interested to know.

I guess your baby is about 2 years old now?

Best wishes,
MamabbJ
Hii MamabbJ,
I more than happy if u want share the listing..can send to my email js.carline87@gmail.com
My baby almost 2 year, next month his bday..
Thank you so much mamie..

Regards,
Carline

MamabbJ

Re: Baby born in Year 2010 and have not entered playgroup or childcare??

Hii MamabbJ,
I more than happy if you want share the listing..can send to my email js.carline87@gmail.com
My baby almost 2 year, next month his bday..
Thank you so much mamie..

Regards,
Carline
----------------------------------

Sure, Carline. I've e-mailed you. Do let me know if you received the attachment. You may want to remove your e-mail contact above to avoid spams....
Cheers,
MMbbJ

Carline

----------------------------------

Sure, Carline. I've e-mailed you. Do let me know if you received the attachment. You may want to remove your e-mail contact above to avoid spams....
Cheers,
MMbbJ
Hi MMbbJ,
Thank you so much for your information, i have received your email by 2 days ago but havent got time to reply you until now..hahahha..oh ya, i will remove my email add, thanks for remind me...

BEst Regards,
Carline

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hi Mummies,
Happy New Year to all!

I saw this new preschool called Giving Tre3 when I went to Thomson Plaza last week. I think their webpage is www.givingtre3.com. It was next to Thomson Plaza along the main road. Its a new preschool cum enrichment centre opening in Jan 2013. I decided to go drop by unannounced cos just nice my boy turning 3 next year and I want to put him in Nursery. The lady was very nice and friendly and showed me around the place.

I must say, I loved that place alot!! It was not very big with only 3 classrooms, 1 class being dedicated as a computer lab for their reading enrichment programme and 2 other classrooms. But it was very cosy! Like a home feeling. Their boss is also very sweet and she shared that she's been in the early childhood industry for more than 12 years. I don't really like those big organisations cos most of them just care about the business and making money but I could feel her passion for children even through talking to her.

They also have an outdoor area, although not very big with water and sand play. It was really nicely done up!

They also had reading enrichment and Pri Sch Preparatory programmes. Their reading enrichment programme is from Australia and its partially an online lesson. I think the name is Reading Eggs. Seems very interesting cos I went to the reading eggs website just now and the lessons were very fun. My girl quite likes to play on the computer and I think this will attract her. Besides having the online lessons, the teachers will also conduct activities in the classroom. I think will be a good balance.

They also have this Pri Sch preparatory programme that teaches grammar, maths, comprehension and creative writing to prep kids for P1. Sounds quite good too cos besides English and Maths, they also have this social and emotional learning lessons, something like learning how to listen, problem solving skills, focusing and paying attention etc. Which I feel my girl will need help in....she's quite hyper and can't really focus on a task for long.

They having opening promo now. Got waiver off registration fees and discounts too. I've decided to sign my kids up cos they have sibling discounts too.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Carline

hi mummiesss,

Today i just bought some stuff in the turf city..an found out there that they have childcare...
1. Mindchamp preschool
2. Sunflower baby house
wondering if mumiies got any reviews for this 2 childcare?

thank you so much.
Carline