Baby day out?

apple_san

Mummies,

Since how many month old, you started to bring your baby out for shopping or etc... ?

Asking this question is because that baby easier by getting virus or bad air for health...

diymummy

I brought my baby out (shopping and dining) since he was 3 weeks. I go out pretty often with baby. But troublesome at times.

TANZHENZHI

I bought him out when he was 2-3weeks old. I often bring baby out to shopping malls to explore new things. I'm use to taking a big bag of bb stuffs out while shopping. It's fun while preparing his things before going out. :Dancing_wub:

adelynn

i started bringing my girl out since she was 3 weeks old. alot of things to prepare but i enjoy my time out with her :)

moomoo85

I started to bring ds out when he is about 3 weeks ago till now... everyday go out....
one day never go out, he will become very cranky!

apollo

i started really bringing him out for 'decent' shopping is recently...

cos when we 1st brought ds out for shopping, he was ard 5weeks old and we stayed at the shopping mall for 4-5hrs.. dunno izzit due to tt, aft that ds got ill v often and pd advised us to stop bringing him to shopping malls or crowded places until he is older..

if u r afriad he will catch any virus, since he is still so young. maybe u can try bringing him out for short hrs, lik 2-3 hrs, esp in shopping malls, those aircon places.. den slowly increase the time...

despite ds often fall ill last time, i still feel there is a need to bring babies out often, to build up thier immunity =)

nancy

I started bringing my girl out for a walk downstairs when she is 3 weeks old.. then the intensive shopping (nearly daily till now which is 6mths old now) starts when she is 3 months onwards cos my MIL told me that doc siad that baby should be kept away from crowded places before 3 mths.

meiteoh

I've been taking Eva out since she was 1 week old! Her first trip was to the photographers coz we needed her pic for the passport. It was a once a week thing as she fell asleep the first time and etc. Because of my move from Switzerland to France and then from France to SG, I "exposed" her to a lot of "travelling". Since we arrive in Singapore, I take her out every day for either evening walks or "day trips" at malls or the market. :)

pokemon97

I start bringing my baby out only after he is one month old. We do go shopping mall but will try to avoid too crowded place.

Ting

i officially brought her out after 1 mth old.
meaning shopping n meeting ppl n stuff.
for me is cos i was in confinement, not allowed to go out. LOL.
n i looked really horrible n pale, so i waited til my confinement (n lochia) to be over then bring her out. :D

hakisumi

actually.. i really bring graham out is after 1 mth...
after his 1 mth we only bring him out on every sunday ...
i suggest PIL to bring him to market in the morning.. but they say hot so dun wan.. but anyway graham sleeps in the mrng..so i leave it...
i always wanted to bring him out for a neighbourhood walk.. but i think only but havent do... bad cum lazy mummy.. LOL

joopjoop

I started bringing my son out when he reached 1 mth cos before that my mum dont allow me to bring him out, she said baby too young cannot bring him out.

So when he reach 1 mth, i bring him out almost everyday like going to the nearby shops to buy things, going to the ntuc, going down to have lunch or dinner, going to my mum's place. Weekends are our family day so we will usually go out to eat and shop around.

uddermummy

brought dd out before she was 1 month.

good for mummy and bb to be out of the house once in a while.

What i did was to either carry bb in a sling, or to put her in the stroller with the shades down so that pple don't come too close to her.

Now that she's older, strangers are so fond of going right up to her face to touch her. Faint!

Mummy to Baby V

We ventured to quieter malls with baby at 5 weeks old, kept him in sling or pram.
He then became a fussy sleeper (can't sleep long outside due to his kaypo-ness), so from about 3 months old, we go out only between his nap times. Only during weekends when we are in KL.

It's more convenient in Singapore, so I bring him out for a walk to the market on some mornings too.

meiteoh

I just took Eva to the zoo today and we all had a great time!

Despite what people may think about how young babies don't know how to appreciate things like the zoo, Eva only napped for 30 minutes or so before waking up. I put her in my carrier - kangaroo style - and let her take in the sites. She enjoyed watching the squirrels, monkeys and big cats the most! Not to mention the underwater creatures...

A definite must-go place again when she's older!