Baby Doesn't Not Want To Stop?

paperger85

My girl is turning 18 months soon. I have been thinking of stopping breastfeeding but it seems that she only takes more milk when latching on and she refuses to take FM.

My mil now mixes 100mls of my EBM to 60mls of FM. She has tried to increase the amount of FM but my girl just refuses to drink.

Seeing that my supply is dropping and I want to stop, is there anything that I can do?

Edwinie

maybe it's the taste of the FM?
if i were u, i will request for samples from different brands and let my child try first.

candy_ian

My son refuse to stop bfding too.. I'll b going
Back to work next wk and he has started childcare 2 months back. To prepare him for that I've started intro fresh milk when he was ard 18 months old. He refused all kinds of formula thru his cup or straw but he took fresh milk pretty well.. Now he's in cc, he latches once in the day when he wakes up n have abt 100 ml fresh milk with his bf and in school another 150ml fresh milk in the afternoon before nap and another 100 after nap sometimes, latches on after his bathe after dinner n another time before he sleeps..

serenelm

my boy's alrdy 2+ yrs old but he's stilll latching on... i tried giving him FM which he totally rejected... then i tried fresh milk which he absolutely loves but juz treats as a normal drink... even after drinking fresh milk, he would still wan to bf to nap/sleep... sigh, i've decided to let him wean himself... juz hope tat he'll do so soon...

Mummy to Baby V

my boy's alrdy 2+ yrs old but he's stilll latching on... i tried giving him FM which he totally rejected... then i tried fresh milk which he absolutely loves but juz treats as a normal drink... even after drinking fresh milk, he would still wan to bf to nap/sleep... sigh, i've decided to let him wean himself... juz hope tat he'll do so soon...
That's most likely associating latching on with comfort before sleeping.
My boy would loved to suckle to sleep but I refused that after reading it'd be very difficult to break the habit.
In the end, hubby/I carried him to sleep until 14 months old. Finally he could fall asleep without carrying.
But after being asleep, he fussed up to 10 times a night to suckle for comfort.
We tried many methods. Finally, at 18 months old, he didn't suckle for comfort anymore.

Instead of waiting for him (which might take ages), you can take the lead by helping him break the association of sucking to sleeping.
Examples: make up a picture book describing how your boy can sleep by himself by cuddling bolster / Teddy bear / whatever.
More ideas from Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Sleep book (try borrowing from library?)

All the best! :)