Baby don't want to drink milk

fatxcat

Alpha Male
Hi,

My baby does not want to drink milk.. tried 4 types of brands all dont't want.
How.. he only time we can manage him to drink is after he is sound asleep, we carry him and feed him, then he drink but sure will left over..
If you give him water, he will drink and if he taste it is milk, he will swipe with his hands and cry.

every feed he takes only about 3-4 ounces. He like to take solid food though.
the congee we make with carrot+potatoe and fish, he can take quite a bit and will grumble wanting more.

he is now 6+ months old. dont't what to do now because really tired trying to feed him and wasting so much milk powder.

Phoebii Cheng

Hi,

How.. he only time we can manage him to drink is after he is sound asleep, we carry him and feed him, then he drink but sure will left over..
If you give him water, he will drink and if he taste it is milk, he will swipe with his hands and cry.

the congee we make with carrot+potatoe and fish, he can take quite a bit and will grumble wanting more.

he is now 6+ months old. dont't what to do now because really tired trying to feed him and wasting so much milk powder.
Hi

For 6mths plus old bb, he is taking solids really well.....after taking solids, how many hrs later then u give the milk to ur son?

jasobias

Hi,

My son had the some problem.We wld take 1 hr just to feed him 5 ounces.What u can do is use milk based stuff for his feeds like blend him food with his milk,cereal with milk..anything with his milk.Thats how i made up for the shortfall n he was a gd size boy.

Cream

My baby is 2 months old and facing exactly the same problem... But the thing is I cannot feed my baby solid now so she is totally depending on milk as her main source of food. How?

My baby is 2 months old and facing exactly the same problem... But the thing is I cannot feed my baby solid now so she is totally depending on milk as her main source of food. How?
erm try looking if there's any white spot found on your bb's gum...i heard frm my confinement nanny that if white spot found, bb wun wan 2 drink milk. coz it's painful...that's wad happen 2 my gal these 2 days.
if really got white spot, go those tcm shop to buy 100% pure glycerin (tink is spelled like this) & watermelon floss. just tell the uncle bb got white spot need 2 clean the mouth, he will advise u.
hope this helps:)

Ting

Hi,

hv u tried bringing him to the PD for advice?
anyways, since your son is taking in solids well, just stick to it, at least he is taking it food.
maybe can add the FM into his cereal n let him eat?
or is it he dun like to suckle from bottle? use straw or spoon to feed?
though for the first one yr, milk is the main source of food, but if baby insist on not drinking, also very hard to force.
maybe try to give your child food tt is high in calcium, like salmon?

Ting

how long has she been like tt?
sometimes, for a short period of time (maybe 1 week), baby will refuse or lower intake.
its normal.

hi my baby WAS the same as yours. From 5 months old all the way to 9.5 months old. Refuse to drink milk. ONly drink when she's asleep and drink very little. She was drinking enfalac when baby then changed to enfapro when turn 6 mths. We also tried changing to other milk powder. My PD said to substitute with other solid products since she drink very little so we added tofu in her porridge, fed her cheese and yoghurt. NTUC at AMK hub sells Baby Yoplait or you can get those yoghurt for kids. We were at our wits end seriously and I wasnt too comfortable changing and changing formula. She was on the lowest weight percentile and the whole family was worried sick. One day I decided to change to Promil Gold. And to my surprise, she drank. I felt that Promil Gold tasted more nice and it has a vanilla smell. Now ever since, I have no problems with her drinking milk. She even smiles when she sees her milk bottle. Hang in there! I hope your problem will pass like mine.

ConnieSantoso

Dear mummies,

My bb refused to drink milk when me or hb or other ppl around. But during weekdays, she will drink her milk. I just felt sad that on weekend , i have to force feed her. On weekend, she just wants me to play , carry and cuddle her around. She doesnt even want my helper to change her nappy. Even when my helper feeds her on weekend, she refused to drink. Have u ever encountered such incidents ?

I just couldnt understand why she wants me to pay attention to her but refuse to drink milk on weekends ? I'm honestly very amazed at how aware she is of her surrounding . Starting from fri evening onwards, she'll have milk strike until sunday. Then mon to fri back to normal again. Why is she not willing to drink milk when i'm around ? Appreciate if you can share your advise....stressed now :(

shulyn

Dear mummies,

My baby refused to drink milk when me or husband or other ppl around. But during weekdays, she will drink her milk. I just felt sad that on weekend , i have to force feed her. On weekend, she just wants me to play , carry and cuddle her around. She doesnt even want my helper to change her nappy. Even when my helper feeds her on weekend, she refused to drink. Have you ever encountered such incidents ?

I just couldnt understand why she wants me to pay attention to her but refuse to drink milk on weekends ? I'm honestly very amazed at how aware she is of her surrounding . Starting from fri evening onwards, she'll have milk strike until sunday. Then mon to fri back to normal again. Why is she not willing to drink milk when i'm around ? Appreciate if you can share your advise....stressed now :(
Hi Connie,

You know, when my mum feed my boy on the weekday when im at work, he can finish the milk. Come to me he always reject milk. Even my mum realise when im around he will 'HONG XIN'...So if my hubby available, i will try to get him to feed. Cos when he feed, he can feed better compare to me...I also dun understand, prob my boy thought im easier...