Baby Full Month a Must?

Hi all! I'm just thinking is it a must to arrange for baby full mth celebration? Coz hubby n I were thinking of inviting friends n relatives over on third mth instead. Reason being, we will be getting our own place only by start of Dec.and we have already spent alot on baby's stuff, renovation n new house. We wanted a reception at a hotel/ restaurant but if so, one mth later gotta do house warming again. Alot of work! Any suggestions?:Dancing_wub:

PTB7476

i dun think it is a must and i intend to give it a miss :001_302:
not because of cost but i dun like infant being pass from one hand to another hand and alot of pple making alot of noise in the house making it diff for BB to rest :001_302:

apollo

it is not a must. i only give out cake/cake vouchers to whoever sent gifts/angbao to ds. we didnt even want a buffet or anything but my FIL insisted so we only invited inlaws' relatives.

lekdao

Its not a must. The 1st lid, done a very small one coz hubby's uncle (couple) helped us to distribute full moon cakes. Invited only the couple and a few of our friends that stayed nearby our area. Else 2nd kid, did it.... hehehe

pinkapple

not a must.

doing house warming and baby's celebration together is a great idea.

then again, house warming is also not a must.

PTB7476

it is not a must. i only give out cake/cake vouchers to whoever sent gifts/angbao to dear son. we didnt even want a buffet or anything but my father in law insisted so we only invited inlaws' relatives.
yah i totally forgotten about that... need to give cake / vouchers to whoever that sent gifts :p but for sure no buffet or restaurant celebration :p

Phoebii Cheng

Yea I agree with all the mummies, it is not a must.....just follow your heart and think what is best for you and your family.....
:tlaugh:

Ting

actually if i were u, i would also most prob just send out some cakes to the relatives. and then do the celebration and hsewarming tgt.

Gem2505

hmm.. if im at your position, will give up the full month celebration.. just give out cakes all that to relatives will do.
since you will be doing your house warming in Dec, frens and relatives will all be present and eventually can see baby. by then, baby will be stronger in terms of health and when people visit, visitors will be able to play with baby coz baby may not be sleeping as often as 1month old~! ;)

angelwendy

It not a must... i do hear people celebrate when baby is 4months old... so i think it really depends on u & ur hubby... don't get too worry over this things... cheers

ttml

it is not a must ........in korea, we celebrate when bb is 100days old ( also not a must)

apollo

dont't you think that it's just too much to celebrate it in a full month?
be careful, your baby might get exhausted..
PRECISELY!!!! some parents make the full mth very big, invite many ppl, even those not close with them. No offence but i feel tt, a big party can always wait till they reach 1yo or even 21st. imagine some ppl, not well still go for the full mth party, den carry/touch the bb... :nah:

sunburst

It is not a must, but as an appreciation gesture you should give cakes or cake vouchers to those who have sent presents or cash gifts. The traditional reason why there is celebration of bb full month is because last time due to poor medical & living conditions bb mortality rate was very high... For bb to survive to 1mth means there is much higher possibility of bb growing up. My take on modern times to celebrate is to show off our lovely newborn.

Hehe I love my boys to bits & wanted to show them off so for both I held the celebration. There wasn't any handing of bb around coz both surprising slept through most of it.

Thanks ladies, for all your replies!:wong19: yup heeding all advices n we decided just to do house warming only hehe ... And think will send out the cakes to close relatives only:Dancing_wub: u girls are right when u mentioned baby will be stronger by 3 months old , at least don't seem so ' fragile' :001_302: