baby head sweat alot??

Porukadotzu

Is it normal if baby's head sweat alot?

my girl she sweat when she drink warm milk, drenched if room no aircon or fan, and sumtime during sleep she her head also bit sweaty...

anyone also like this??

1568mummy

My niece is exactly like that too when she was a baby, even now.
Its perfectly normal...
don't worry.
infact it is good for health, just make sure her perspiration are always wipe off to prevent discoloration of skin.
now that she is an 8 year old, she is more or less independent on her own, yet she didn't take care, and she is having those white spots on her forehead and other parts of her face.

autumn82

my girl she sweat when she drink warm milk, drenched if room no aircon or fan, and sumtime during sleep she her head also bit sweaty...

anyone also like this??
My DS also like tt!! His whole bod would be cold when touch, but head pespiring. :tlaugh:

oblong

same, DS perpires a lot too. in the night when he sleeps, his whole shirt will be wet and there will be a very large sweat stain on the bedsheet where he last slept.... :tlaugh:

LoVeS

It is very normal coz my ds been like tis since young n even till now most of the time whenever he sweat is usually his head 1st~

CanCanMum

anyone also like this??
YESZZZZZZ!!!

my boy is a heavy sweater....

oso good la...if one day he neber sweat = sick (easier to tell)

my boys head always sweat de~ cannot keep long hair...later smelly

1568mummy

yes yes... sweating from head is the correct spot to start first.
cos' our head is the nearest to the sun, hence its the hottest part of our body....

just remember must always replenish the lost sweat with liquid, preferably plain water, or else will have dehydration, then fever will come.

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Porukadotzu said:

anyone also like this??
Sweating a lot is not really an issue ... but you guys should check that the sweat is salty ... & also, that the palms (of the hands) & the soles (of the feet) are not where the sweat is.

Yes, my son also sweat a lot ... & I always wipe off his sweat with my hand before tasting it.
:laugh: :laugh:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
1568mummy said:
yes yes... sweating from head is the correct spot to start first.
cos' our head is the nearest to the sun, hence its the hottest part of our body....
You are really funny ...
:rofl: :rofl:

Firstly, babies or toddlers are mosty less than 1 meter in height ... & pray tell what is our distance from the sun? So, what is the ratio ... compared to this 1-m difference?
Secondly, what about the babies who are all doing nothing but lying in their cot? Are their heads not of the same distance from the sun ... compared to the rest of their body?

Anyways, the truth of the matter is ... our body is built to know that the brain is the most important organ & so, we always sweat in the head first to ensure the temperature of the brain is not at an unacceptable high.
If it still doesn't ring a bell, sweating is a bodily mechanism to bring down our body temperature ...

1568mummy said:
just remember must always replenish the lost sweat with liquid, preferably plain water, or else will have dehydration, then fever will come.
Dehydration? Definitely ...
Fever? How did that come into the equation ...
:bconfused: :bconfused:

1568mummy

You are really funny ...
:rofl: :rofl:

Firstly, babies or toddlers are mosty less than 1 meter in height ... & pray tell what is our distance from the sun? So, what is the ratio ... compared to this 1-m difference?
Secondly, what about the babies who are all doing nothing but lying in their cot? Are their heads not of the same distance from the sun ... compared to the rest of their body?

Anyways, the truth of the matter is ... our body is built to know that the brain is the most important organ & so, we always sweat in the head first to ensure the temperature of the brain is not at an unacceptable high.
If it still doesn't ring a bell, sweating is a bodily mechanism to bring down our body temperature ...

Hmmm.... at the back of my mind I was thinking of my niece, who is already a big girl now. But she had this 'sweating alot' thingy since she was a baby.

Dehydration? Definitely ...
Fever? How did that come into the equation ...
:bconfused: :bconfused:
Well, that was exactly what happened to her. She perspires alot and she hates to drink water. So she is always having fever and the care-taker never understood that they were linked, until THE DOCTOR said so!

Last edited:

littlerat

Have u all tried to feel the heat for the baby's head?
My baby head is quite warm then his body although his head doesn't sweat alot but his body especially his back swea alot when he sleep lying on his back.

autumn82

Have u all tried to feel the heat for the baby's head?
My baby head is quite warm then his body although his head doesn't sweat alot but his body especially his back swea alot when he sleep lying on his back.
Coz he's lying on his back, so definitely will sweat. When he sleeps by his side or tummy, then won't be sweaty oredi. Heh.