Baby is always sick

Astar

My child is in the infant care for the last few months. Since then, he falls sick every few weeks.

Is that normal for a kid in the infant care?

Cough
Runny nose
vomit
Diarreah

I feel soooo heartpain to see him suffer, but, don't have the luxury to quit my job to look after him full time.

I feel like breaking down already!

Mummies, please advise.

Phoebii Cheng

My son too, esp the first few months that he was at the infant care.....until he is 1 yrs old, every mth he would see the PD once....

But now tht he is coming to 2, he seldom fall sick, mayb his immunity is build up........

Like what diymummy says, mayb u can start him on multi vits....I oso give my son multi vits, but sometimes forget to give.....and oso try to make nutricious soup for him.....cook barley, chrysanthemum, or luo han guo mix it with his milk......

Priya Diva

Hi I just put my gal 12mths infant care..And within one week she is down with flu!!
Headache don't know what to do!!

Hi I just put my gal 12mths infant care..And within one week she is down with flu!!
Headache dont't know what to do!!
i placed my baby at infant care in early dec 09 n on 3rd week of Dec he was down with flu. sick for 3 weeks, then today just return to infant care. yes i am feeling very upset and desperate as well (make things worse, i was sick for 3 weeks too, hubby slightly sick, all spread by son) but i guess there is no choice since i am unable to find a good babysitter near my house and can not resign due to tight finances and infant care has the better facilities for infant developments as they have a lot of toys and games there and children to interract with your baby.

what me n hubby did when son was sick was rotate take leaves to stay at home look after son till he recover then put him back to infant care and pray hard he dun fall sick again so soon. i only asked my own parents to come over for 1 day (hubby cant on leave anymore & i still very sick) to help feed him and pat him sleep and i prepared baby's bath, milk feeds, medications, change diapers. coz own parents too old to help fully look after my baby. MIL & FIL totally din help at all, just stayed far away from us though they only live upstrs, same block!

guess there is no avoidance to baby falling sick if you have to leave them at infant care, unless u wan to change to full time housewife.

sylviang

I also faced the same problem last time, but now I learnt how to build up their immunity through meridian therapy and also through aromatherapy. To know more, you can call or sms me at 97226844 to relieve all your worries :)

My baby's at the infantcare since early Feb 10.. Sick v often, has stupid phlegm that refuses to go away and GP is guessing that this may be the cause of the frequent fever.. I've received calls from the Infantcare centre to pick baby up when the temp overshot the 37.5, every morning, it's like a gamble on whether will baby pass the temp check..

greatly affected my work and had to sometimes leave things half done.. It's not as if I'm very free but with all these sudden call-ups from the infantcare centre, it's really very disruptive..

being called up from work is one thing, looking after a sick baby's another.. baby's always down with cold, runny nose, phlegm, cough and this time round, fever..

really considered changing infantcare with diff operating model or switching to babysitter..

in fact our PD said that she has never had babies visiting her on a monthly basis and suggested that we sourced for alternate care.. sigh, it's tough seeing baby sick and not knowing what to do for baby..

plus, baby's now coming to 6 months but weight's super low, at only 6+ kg... and baby hasn't learnt how to flip and turn over yet.. seems like baby's development's pretty slow, dunno could it be coz baby's always placed in rocker most of the time, rather than on bed where baby can learn, trial and error on how to flip and turn... sigh..

diymummy

My baby's at the infantcare since early Feb 10.. Sick very often, has stupid phlegm that refuses to go away and GP is guessing that this may be the cause of the frequent fever.. I've received calls from the Infantcare centre to pick baby up when the temp overshot the 37.5, every morning, it's like a gamble on whether will baby pass the temp check..

greatly affected my work and had to sometimes leave things half done.. It's not as if I'm very free but with all these sudden call-ups from the infantcare centre, it's really very disruptive..

being called up from work is one thing, looking after a sick baby's another.. baby's always down with cold, runny nose, phlegm, cough and this time round, fever..

really considered changing infantcare with diff operating model or switching to babysitter..

in fact our pediatrician said that she has never had babies visiting her on a monthly basis and suggested that we sourced for alternate care.. sigh, it's tough seeing baby sick and not knowing what to do for baby..

plus, baby's now coming to 6 months but weight's super low, at only 6+ kg... and baby hasn't learnt how to flip and turn over yet.. seems like baby's development's pretty slow, dont know could it be coz baby's always placed in rocker most of the time, rather than on bed where baby can learn, trial and error on how to flip and turn... sigh..
Hi happiness12,

My baby is also in infant care and is falling sick almost every mth. My pd told me that I'm not the worst and that he has patients seeing him every week! I think it is also due to the fact that they're in a 24hr air con environment.

Are other babies at the centre also like that? The other babies at the center my boy is in are NOT as sickly as him. So I at least know it is the problem with my son and now the centre.

Your baby's progress may be slow because she is falling ill frequently.

You can try multi-vits for your baby. That's what I do for my boy. I fed him Appeton infant drops. It contains Lysine which helps boost appetite as well.

6kg+ at 6mths is not small. It's prob in the 25th percentile. My boy was also that weight at 6 mths. Now, at 16mths he's only 8kg, also in the 25th percentile.

This is the downside of infant care. There're downsides in every alternative solution as well. You need to decide what is the compromise you can live with.

Phoebii Cheng

My baby's at the infantcare since early Feb 10.. Sick very often, has stupid phlegm that refuses to go away and GP is guessing that this may be the cause of the frequent fever.. I've received calls from the Infantcare centre to pick baby up when the temp overshot the 37.5, every morning, it's like a gamble on whether will baby pass the temp check..

in fact our pediatrician said that she has never had babies visiting her on a monthly basis and suggested that we sourced for alternate care.. sigh, it's tough seeing baby sick and not knowing what to do for baby..

plus, baby's now coming to 6 months but weight's super low, at only 6+ kg... and baby hasn't learnt how to flip and turn over yet.. seems like baby's development's pretty slow, dont know could it be coz baby's always placed in rocker most of the time, rather than on bed where baby can learn, trial and error on how to flip and turn... sigh..

Hi happiness12,

I agree with what diymummy says...my son also in the infant care and the same like you, when he was younger, he fell sick pretty often and got to see the PD once a month, sometimes 2 weeks once.....it gets frustrating esp when he was below 1 yrs old.

But after 1yrs old, my son slowly do not fall sick that often till now even if he fall sick, he recovers very fast

Why not you start your bb on multi-vits like what diymummy suggest? I also give my son multi-vit

hi happiness, i enrolled my son in infant care when he is 4mths n he fell sick after 3wks there and i no choice had to take him out from there 2mths later as he could not fully recover before falling sick again. luckily i found a good babysitter now. so its up to you on what you can live with. if able to find a babysitter would be better. maybe when ur kid is 2yrs old then put him in child care again?

AugBoyz

babies or even kids who started to join ccc will generally fall sick coz their body is getting use to the germs/bacteria/virus in the "outside world", it will generally takes abt 6mths for the body to get used to the virus; that means build up its own immunity to fight the virus off. In the mean time feed vitc to ur kids n ensure good proper personal hygiene.