Baby Massage

Vone

Hi Mummies . Do you massage your babies?

My DS has alot of wind in tummy.

Any tips on how should you go about doing it ? :)

LoVeS

Since birth till now my ds often haf alot wind in his tummy too. I always use ru yu oil rub his tummy in circular OR rub on hands until abit heat then place on ds's tummy. I aso try giving him gripe water or wind drop to help him let out wind if not very cranky.

Hopefully help u abit.

Vone

he's very cranky and kept farting >_<

the problem is whenever i remove his swaddle he will scream as though im going slaughter a piglet...

do u face such problem too? and continue to rub?

LoVeS

1st mth for my ds is TERRIBLE hardly haf slp aso bcoz ds very cranky. My ds not swaddle one n i dun wan make it a habit for him although ppl say they slp better tt way. We try to rub his tummy wif oil then rub downwards n gif him gripe water n wind drop. Tats all u can do, try to pat ur ds to calm him down. Do u haf sarong? tat time we aso resort to use sarong to calm him down, ppl say sarong can help on bb wif colic to calm down.

qiqi mama

erm sry wat is swaddle???my son i always rub ru yi you although veri cranky but he loves it after rubbin he will quiet n fart !~

aby

The following is how I massage ru yi you to my ger ever since an aunty taught me:

- 2 drops unto the palm and rub a few times
- rub unto bb's tummy downwards 5 times
- rub palms
- place palms unto the tummy (repeat 3 times)
- 2 drops unto palm and rub a few times
- turn bb sideway
- use one hand (right) place unto the top of bottom cleavage, rub in circle then downwards (repeat 3 times)
- let bb back into lying position
- 1 drop unto palm and rub a few times
- rub bb's feel outwards, from heel to below of
toes
- put on socks for bb or kid

Pls keep palms from water for at least 20 mins as I was told washing them will induce wind into the body of the mommy ah..
Try this! It really works! :red:

Last edited:

LoVeS

The following is how I massage ru yi you to my ger ever since an aunty taught me:

- 2 drops unto the palm and rub a few times
- rub unto bb's tummy downwards 5 times
- rub palms
- place palms unto the tummy (repeat 3 times)
- 2 drops unto palm and rub a few times
- turn bb sideway
- use one hand (right) place unto the top of bottom cleavage, rub in circle then downwards (repeat 3 times)
- let bb back into lying position
- 1 drop unto palm and rub a few times
- rub bb's feel outwards, from heel to below of
toes

Try this! It really works! :red:
ya rub bb' s back n sole of his feet will help aso. If rub on sole pls rmb wear sock for him if not wind go in.

Vone

Jus rubbed te oil on him. Okok i go put on socks for him now.

Very cranky esp at nite.. ~_~

LoVeS

think most babies, their soles are always cold... mine till now also like that...
but he sweat alot sia especially during feeding time n sumtimes on fan for him already n he juz sitting there aso will sweat alot :tlaugh: weird sia dun understand

celine

hw abt those malay massage??
dd enjoys it & she sleep well at nite...
bt i do apply ru yu oil too...:001_302:

`julee

for massaging we use "minyak telon" for her.. rub on her tummy, her back and both her legs.. after that will hear the farting machine. lol. works on me too...:p

LoVeS

hw abt those malay massage??
dd enjoys it & she sleep well at nite...
bt i do apply ru yu oil too...:001_302:

not every bb enjoy those massage wor...at least not for my ds. After having the malay massage he bcome even more cranky at nite LOL :tlaugh: My ds doesnt like the malay oil smell

Vone

i dont want put in living room ~ coz im staying with my PIL ~ my PIL living room has too many things and no room for sarong too