Baby Massage

spoonie

have to always burp him patiently after feed. best is minimize the chances of him having colic or else it will become harder for you to look after him until he is 3-4 mths old.
i used to burp cherise at least twice after feed.
sometimes when watching tv i will rub/stroke her back to help her release wind by burping or farting

CynCyn

not every bb enjoy those massage wor...at least not for my ds. After having the malay massage he bcome even more cranky at nite LOL :tlaugh: My ds doesnt like the malay oil smell
Mine too , after he had malay massage by my massage lady he gets cranky at night too . Which is very unlikely .

aby

ya.. i have frends doing that...
bt they say have to put mattress below juz in case....
pls do place a mattress below the sarong k.. My cousin has twin dds.. Once the knot at the hook came loose, his maid din inform him, just tie it back.. One of the twin, fall right unto the mattress and lay still for a few minutes.. Thank GOD she's ok ah.. What a fright!!!! :elvis:

aby

Shake the baby ... My cousin in law burp her Ds by shaking him to and fro . Very easy to burp =p
Not say shake until very hard type .
The KK nurses let the bb sit on their laps, hold the bb steadily and 'rotate' him/her on the lap.. The bb's upper body move in circular motion.. That's how they burp babies!!

aby

Personally I don't use sarong as I'm scared the bb got so used to it till really need it to fall asleep ah.. Heehee I'm a lazy mommy ma.. I choose the easy way.. Train them sleep on the cot, without patting too.. My babies sleep wherever they are, on stroller, anyone's cot, sofa etc..

Ya, I understand mommies used sarong to calming bb down.. When they're cranky, really stress for the mommy especially.. There was once, my ger 1st time sick with sore throat and fever thus v cranky.. I sarong her (sarong carrier) and paced at our coridoor in the early morning ah!!

Cheers to all mommies!! :red: Motherhood is definitely not easy but let's ENJOY!!! :tlaugh:

CynCyn

The KK nurses let the bb sit on their laps, hold the bb steadily and 'rotate' him/her on the lap.. The bb's upper body move in circular motion.. That's how they burp babies!!
Oh really ? ... Kkh nurse didn't burp my DS this way leh .

Last edited:

spoonie

kekeke if babies take long time to burp, you can move ur baby from sitting position, sway/rock/rotate the baby gently then continue to burp him. those movements are to 'move' the air bubbles in his tummy so its easier to burp

celine

i tried liao... still no use... :tlaugh:
dd dun burp i juz wait awhile then try again... :001_302:

aby

my ds also taking long time to burp ~
Vone mei, breastfed bb may not have wind at all (if latched on properly) thus take long time to burp.. Try burping him as and when u carry bb k?

Seems like u r doing well breastfeeding bb huh!! Great! Keep it up, mei!! :red: