baby not moving much, worried!

pkshl

my baby kicks were pretty strong but starting yesterday his kicks were lighter & not so frequent. im quite worried, kept rubbing my tummy & tel him to give me some kicks, although got some light kicks, im still worried, what should i do?

but again, sometimes i feel movements from left to right & vice versa, is that him moving? the feeling is like abit cramping...pls advise!

Last edited:

M&M

yup. the movement from left to right is your bb moving. kicks lighter or lesser now maybe becos bb is just tired or lazy. sometimes when we r bz, we will not notice the kicks even though they have kicked. y not try to lie in bed and count the no. of kicks? the minimum a bb should be kicking a day is 10 kicks. if lesser then 10 kicks in a day or no kicks at all... better go hospital to check. if u r worried still... becos u feel there is lesser kicks, just go to your hospital n tell them that u wan a check on your bb cos u feel less kicks and inform your gynae too.

i experienced what you have gone through few weeks ago. so scared... cos lesser kicks then usual. bb is usually very active. so terrified that i called up my gynae and she advised me to go in to delivery suite at kkh to monitor the bb. when at kkh, the midwife put me on a CTG machine which measures the bb's heartbeat and our contractions. n i was told to count my bb's kicks. all things went well. so its presumed that bb is just plain lazy for the 2days. he is now very active again.

things will be fine. just go for checks to have a peace of mind. dun worry. jia you! :)

Phoebii Cheng

my baby kicks were pretty strong but starting yesterday his kicks were lighter & not so frequent. im quite worried, kept rubbing my tummy & tel him to give me some kicks, although got some light kicks, im still worried, what should i do?

but again, sometimes i feel movements from left to right & vice versa, is that him moving? the feeling is like abit cramping...pls advise!
Hi pkshl,

Dun worry, so long as within a day, u can feel ur bb kick or move...it's alright, cos' when I was pregnant & in the 3rd trimester, same thing happen to me, and ask my gynae at tht time and she said this to me....

Sometimes bb lazy lah :tlaugh:

pkshl

thks ladies! earlier i had felt my bb kick. juz now i so worried until i cry lor. heng he kick me, den i tel bb mummy so worried wen he never kick! im gg to worry until the day he's born.

apollo

as long as u feel sth moving in ut tummy, it's ur baby!!! i offen wry when my baby suddenly didnt move for a few hrs cos he's always active... what my hubby use to do is, shake my tummy gently and he'll really wake up =.="

CDL

If it gives you peace of mind, you should go back to your gynae or to KKH and have them do a scan to check how bb is doing.

ochklk

Ask yr hubby to shake yr tummy and say, BABY Wake up lor.. this is what my hubby always do and my BB will give me a hard kick, actually my hubby want to show off to his friend that he can wake our BB up and to see my tummy movement, but dun do it at nite, tat's y the first few days my BB back home from hospital, my baby wake up at nite and sleep in the daytime.. wahaha...

apollo

Ask yr hubby to shake yr tummy and say, BABY Wake up lor.. this is what my hubby always do and my BB will give me a hard kick, actually my hubby want to show off to his friend that he can wake our BB up and to see my tummy movement, but dun do it at nite, tat's y the first few days my BB back home from hospital, my baby wake up at nite and sleep in the daytime.. wahaha...
y guys always lik tt huh? my hubby always did e same as ur hubby den in e end, end up BB dun wanna rest anymore, keep move and kick the whole day/night! haha!!!!

pkshl

ve, my hb rub my tummy last nite, he kept saying baby baby & keep rubbing. but i was feeling so hot, start my grumbling again,heng hb understand & did not pick quarrel with me, kept telling me to cool down. And baby did kick me after he rub lor. hee..

snowbear

Read somewhere that as long as there are 10 movements within the day your baby's fine.

pmiumiu

heehee... i was talking to a fren approx 28 weeks preg. she said her bb gal kick until she cannot sleep. so now every night before i sleep, i will tell my baby, "daddy is sleeping now, mummy will sleep soon too and baby shld also sleep. nite" =)

apollo

heehee... i was talking to a fren approx 28 weeks preg. she said her bb gal kick until she cannot sleep. so now every night before i sleep, i will tell my baby, "daddy is sleeping now, mummy will sleep soon too and baby shld also sleep. nite" =)
ya sometimes baby's movements make me cant slp also.. LOL!

ochklk

But I still prefer he kicks so that I noe he is safe inside... wahaha... as sometimes if he seldom kick during the nites, I'll wake my hubby to wake him up...wahaha..

apollo

But I still prefer he kicks so that I noe he is safe inside... wahaha... as sometimes if he seldom kick during the nites, I'll wake my hubby to wake him up...wahaha..
yalo.. tt time my BB nv move for 5hrs and he nv lik tt b4.. i woke my hubby up.. den both of us waited for 1hr lik tt den BB moved! aft he started moving, he kept moving throughout the night -.-" LOL!!

ochklk

yalo.. tt time my BB nv move for 5hrs and he nv lik tt b4.. i woke my hubby up.. den both of us waited for 1hr lik tt den BB moved! aft he started moving, he kept moving throughout the night -.-" LOL!!
We are quite the same leh, and my hubby and yr hubby also same like to wake bb up leh... wahaha... maybe can meet someday... wahaha... Yrs is gal or boy?

apollo

We are quite the same leh, and my hubby and yr hubby also same like to wake bb up leh... wahaha... maybe can meet someday... wahaha... Yrs is gal or boy?
yala! cos they wake BB up alrdy then they go rest liao, left us handling with BB's kicks! LOL! mine is a boy.. u?? :tlaugh:

ochklk

yala! cos they wake BB up alrdy then they go rest liao, left us handling with BB's kicks! LOL! mine is a boy.. u?? :tlaugh:
Mine is boy boy too, can see his photo on the gallery... Even now at nitez, my hubby cannot handle my boy boy to sleep when he cranky, he just put him on his playpen and let me pat and 'hong' my boy boy to sleep... wahaha...

apollo

Mine is boy boy too, can see his photo on the gallery... Even now at nitez, my hubby cannot handle my boy boy to sleep when he cranky, he just put him on his playpen and let me pat and 'hong' my boy boy to sleep... wahaha...
haha cos u're with ur boy 10mths more.. LOL!