baby puts finger into his mouth

snowie28

Hmm... im not sure whether sucking pacifier will lead to ugly teeths which it doesnt occur on my ger. The most importantly is hw to get them to stop the habit when they grow older. i personally think dat helping babies to kick the habit of sucking pacifier is much easier den stop them from sucking their thumbs. Once the pacifier is thrown away or make them throw away themselves, it will make/force them to stop immediately. But thumbs..... hw to throw? Kids r pretty clever nwadays, they can suck their thumbs behind ur back!:eek:

Last edited:

autumn82

Hmm... im not sure whether sucking pacifier will lead to ugly teeths which it doesnt occur on my ger. The most importantly is hw to get them to stop the habit when they grow older. i personally think dat helping babies to kick the habit of sucking pacifier is much easier den stop them from sucking their thumbs. Once the pacifier is thrown away or make them throw away themselves, it will make/force them to stop immediately. But thumbs..... hw to throw? Kids r pretty clever nwadays, they can suck their thumbs behind ur back!:eek:
I agree! In fact, sucking thumbs until they grow older also affects teeth development. So not only pacifier does tt.. At least, pacifier can throw.. thumb how to.. LOL.

I'm now worried whether DS sucking of thumb affects his tooth from sprouting out or not.. Coz up till now.. Dun see any yet.. :tlaugh:

CanCanMum

darling~

u can put your thumb for him to suck instead~

coz u got teeth and he donx

pass some tooth fairy to your DS....

lols!!!

CanCanMum

got la,....doze off on sofa lor....lols!!

den wake up now to do DH things....lols!!

poor thingy hor.....

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
snowie28 said:
Hmm... im not sure whether sucking pacifier will lead to ugly teeths which it doesnt occur on my ger. The most importantly is hw to get them to stop the habit when they grow older. i personally think dat helping babies to kick the habit of sucking pacifier is much easier den stop them from sucking their thumbs. Once the pacifier is thrown away or make them throw away themselves, it will make/force them to stop immediately. But thumbs..... hw to throw? Kids r pretty clever nwadays, they can suck their thumbs behind ur back! :eek:
I also dun have the ugly teeth problem with Seamus ... but then again, I believe in using well-designed pacifiers which are usually costlier.
However, I think I have a BIGGER problematic experience here ...

My Seamus was introduced to the pacifier in his very early months & never looked back ... so much so that pacifiers became his teether too. After chewing up no lesser than 10 Avent pacifiers, he was finally weaned off them when he was about 21-mo ... only becoz papa here refused to replenish the broken ones & we made him discard the last broken pacifier into the dustbin himself.
Just for laughs, he even went back to the dustbin the next morning looking for that pacifier ... when faced with an emptied dustbin, he approached our maid looking for that "sacred" pacifier.
:rofl: :rofl:

That was some 2 months ago ... as a lesson learnt, we decided not to introduce the pacifier to my Siggi this soon. Before we realised it, he was sucking his fingers for the last 2-3 weeks, shortly after he turned 3-mo.
Starting with 1 finger, progressing to 2, currently doing 3 ... sometimes even gagging himself!! Sure, he may well be exploring himself ... but looking back at how difficult it was to wean Seamus off his pacifier, I realised fingers cannot be dumped into the dustbin ... meaning I may not have a way to wean him off the finger-sucking, even when he gets to the age of playing at the rusty playground, sandy beach, etc.

So, for the last 2 weeks, we're back to introducing the pacifier to Siggi ... thus far, he has enjoyed the pacifier for no more than 3 minutes, before spitting it out & revert to enjoying his good old fingers!!
In the meantime, my dear Seamus has been eyeing on his brother's pacifiers ... so much so that I've caught him approaching his brother & "pocketed" the pacifier that's been spitted out ... before lying face down in a corner of his own bed to have those "magical puffs" on the pacifier!!
:1err: :1err:

Last edited:

phishcracker

I also dun have the ugly teeth problem with Seamus ... but then again, I believe in using well-designed pacifiers which are usually costlier.
However, I think I have a BIGGER problematic experience here ...

My Seamus was introduced to the pacifier in his very early months & never looked back ... so much so that pacifiers became his teether too. After chewing up no lesser than 10 Avent pacifiers, he was finally weaned off them when he was about 21-mo ... only becoz papa here refused to replenish the broken ones & we made him discard the last broken pacifier into the dustbin himself.
Just for laughs, he even went back to the dustbin the next morning looking for that pacifier ... when faced with an emptied dustbin, he approached our maid looking for that "sacred" pacifier.
:rofl: :rofl:

That was some 2 months ago ... as a lesson learnt, we decided not to introduce the pacifier to my Siggi this soon. Before we realised it, he was sucking his fingers for the last 2-3 weeks, shortly after he turned 3-mo.
Starting with 1 finger, progressing to 2, currently doing 3 ... sometimes even gagging himself!! Sure, he may well be exploring himself ... but looking back at how difficult it was to wean Seamus off his pacifier, I realised fingers cannot be dumped into the dustbin ... meaning I may not have a way to wean him off the finger-sucking, even when he gets to the age of playing at the rusty playground, sandy beach, etc.

So, for the last 2 weeks, we're back to introducing the pacifier to Siggi ... thus far, he has enjoyed the pacifier for no more than 3 minutes, before spitting it out & revert to enjoying his good old fingers!!
In the meantime, my dear Seamus has been eyeing on his brother's pacifiers ... so much so that I've caught him approaching his brother & "pocketed" the pacifier that's been spitted out ... before lying face down in a corner of his own bed to have those "magical puffs" on the pacifier!!
:1err: :1err:

My son often has soggy fingers now.. and he gags himself with his fist when he gets too carried away sucking 1 or 2 fingers at a time. His pacifier dun do much for him too now. I reckon hes teething.... He munch on my shoulders too when i carry him around. pfft..