Baby walker

sharonyi66

How many months can a baby start using the walker? My bb is currently 5 mths old and I'm thinking of letting my bb 'walk' around the Hse using the walker...

Ros0818

hi hi...

placed my girl in the walker ard 6mths old..
let her play ard for abt 10mins each time.. ard thrice per day
scared tat she will be very tired..

up til today, she can really walk / slide in d walker pretty fast!
she now pulls wat ever within her reach.
i let her play for some time in the walker exploring the house on her own..
somebody must watch baby even though in walker..

:shyxxx:

Justina

Both my kids started using at 5months. I remember I can't wait to put them on walker because I'm quite tired carrying them.

Yes, the walker should have label stating when it can be first used. When I first started them on walker

-i place small pillows around them because their body is too small

-made the walker immobile (brake at a single spot)

-ensure they are happy in it

-not too long

At about 7 months,

-release the brakes

-ensure they can't reach small or dangerous objects (baby proof the home)

-dont't leave them out of sight unless i really have to

Do you already have a walker?

sharonyi66

Yes I've a walker but that was 5 years back when I bought it for my elder daughter. I haven take it out to check if still able to use or not coz scare the nails turn rusty.

Why must put on brake? I forgot ald but I rem I do put small pillows too..

kenxf_03

I let my son sit in the walker with a pillow in front of him when he's 6 mth old with supervision.

Nv let ur kids sit alone in the walker w/o supervision, it can be dangerous.

JoyBliss

Agree. the care-giver should limit the time spend in the walker. My ex-nanny started ds on walker when he was 6 mo. By 9 mo, , he's expert at maneuvering the walker, left-right turn, clockwise, anticlockwise, 360 degree and fast reversing. He can reverse into a block space without turning his head! BUT he was still not crawling...

All the infantcare cntrs I visited discourage using walkers. Out of which, 2 infantcares advised it's better to stop letting them "walk" in the walker by 7/8mth so as not to impend their crawling and eventually walking (I can identify with this advice...)

With cautious, i think BB can have fun time exploring in walker too :)