Baby Weight At 3rd Trimester

Gem2505

i went for checkup at my 28th weeks and baby is only 1.16kg. now nearly 32weeks not sure how much she gain already.... gynae advise weight gain between 10-13kg but i already 16kg! sad...
nah. its ok. i have friend gained 20+kg lor. most impt bb is healthy. bb's weight will shoot up during the last 2 months. no worries =)

XenXuan

Hi gem n magdalene,my baby girl weight at 28wks was only 1.09kg,but borned at 3.2kg.as long as they are healthy,weight n size can build up slowly as they grow. ya i dun even have enough slp daily + all the stress,my insiomia made things worse. gynae advised weight gain 10-13kg is including baby's weight juz before u give birth or after? i gained abt 20kg each for both pregnancies juz before i gave birth.

lyra

My baby's weight is 2.6kg but I actually lost weight from 60.7 to 60kg in a week. Now in week 38 of preg... Is it normal for mom to lose weight a bit just before labour?

missyqiqi

magdalenechoo: the weight slightly heavy but ok leh, don't scare me with the exclamation mark.. I will get stress, coz I want natural birth! :p

don't worry girl u still got another 10 weeks to go! Still got room to put on weight. :) don;t stress urself no good for baby.

Xenxuan: haha.. me know already torn between playing with my baby while she's in the tummy and can't wait to cuddle her.. >.< haha..

The osim is useful? Coz I always think all this is marketing gimmicks haha..

lyra: I'm not sure about losing weight but I know there will be no much or don't have any weight increment normally for the 2-3 weeks because baby don't really grow that much already :)

lyra

Haha if my bb just remain at 2.6kg all the way until birth, then he'll be the smallest bb boy among all my fren's babies! 2 of my preg frens r only at 36 weeks n 33weeks respectively and their bb girls already heavier than my bb boy!

lyra: I'm not sure about losing weight but I know there will be no much or don't have any weight increment normally for the 2-3 weeks because baby don't really grow that much already :)

Gem2505

just went for my checkup yesterday. baby weighing at 1.948kg. cant wait for the day to come! :D
sometimes the scan and the actual weight will diff alot. as much as diff of 1 kg. so its really ok. i delivered by girl at only 2kg exactly. but she still discharge with me. i used to be a small baby at birth too ( 2.4kg ), but now, diff alot. ha. i just wish i was slimmer. haha!

magdalenechoo

sometimes the scan and the actual weight will diff alot. as much as diff of 1 kg. so its really ok. i delivered by girl at only 2kg exactly. but she still discharge with me. i used to be a small baby at birth too ( 2.4kg ), but now, diff alot. ha. i just wish i was slimmer. haha!
omg! difference can be 1kg??? :(

Gem2505

omg! difference can be 1kg??? :(
ya. my cousin's bb is about 1kg different during scanning and delivery. coz the doc est is based on the size of the bb. cant know whether the bb bones are heavy anot? like, we see 1 person skinny, doesnt mean the person's weight is low.. something like that. weight not v impt. just make sure is healthy. =D

magdalenechoo

ya. my cousin's baby is about 1kg different during scanning and delivery. coz the doc est is based on the size of the baby. cant know whether the baby bones are heavy anot? like, we see 1 person skinny, doesnt mean the person's weight is low.. something like that. weight not very impt. just make sure is healthy. =D
yup totally agreed! health is more important than anything else :)

Gem2505

yup totally agreed! health is more important than anything else :)
correct correct!
yes yes. i think i had 1 of the "smallest" baby in my family.. my cousin was delivered at 1.7kg-pre mature, another one is 1.9kg. all now so big lor. when i was expecting, i was also v scared if my bb too small then will have prob anot. alot of WHAT IFs. but things turn out well. im surprised she can go home with me. upon discharge, she was only 1.9kg.
she's 8mths now, still small size, n alil underweight. but she's active and just like other children. just the size not on the average. other than that, she's all well. =D girl, small nvm. i scared overweight. ha. else later her whole life fat, then blame me. haha!

any mummies here went for the growth scan with full doppler before? im scheduled to go for this scan next wk. im currently 33 wks. gynae said baby's growth percentile has slowed down quite a bit. fm 47% down to 27%. suspect might b due to some issue with the blood flow to placenta. and also my weight doesnt seem to go up much fm pre pregnancy till now.

Gem2505

any mummies here went for the growth scan with full doppler before? im scheduled to go for this scan next wk. im currently 33 wks. gynae said baby's growth percentile has slowed down quite a bit. fm 47% down to 27%. suspect might b due to some issue with the blood flow to placenta. and also my weight doesnt seem to go up much fm pre pregnancy till now.
I did something like that coz my bb was really small. Like detailed scanning, the sono will scan and see the blood flow rate from me to baby. They didn't say anything after that, means no prob bah. I gained weight alot. But bb didnt really gain.

didy

hi ladyluck, i am going for this growth scan with full doppler tomorrow. gynae recommended me to go for it, also because my baby's growth rate from week 32 to week 36 has slowed down. and my weight gained slowed down very significantly too. my gynae also suspect is either my placenta is aging, or blood flow to my baby is not ideal.

hi ladyluck, i am going for this growth scan with full doppler tomorrow. gynae recommended me to go for it, also because my baby's growth rate from week 32 to week 36 has slowed down. and my weight gained slowed down very significantly too. my gynae also suspect is either my placenta is aging, or blood flow to my baby is not ideal.
Hi didi, how was the result of your growth scan? Mine is scheduled on coming Monday. Kinda worried

didy

hi mummies, my scan showed nothing wrong with my blood flow to baby, also nothing wrong with placenta. so gynae also can't pinpoint why my baby's growth rate slowed down in the last month (from week 32 to week 36). also i am still gaining weight but baby not really. so she suggested to induce to give birth to baby in week 38. i am 36weeks 5 days now.

Gem2505

hi mummies, my scan showed nothing wrong with my blood flow to baby, also nothing wrong with placenta. so gynae also can't pinpoint why my baby's growth rate slowed down in the last month (from week 32 to week 36). also i am still gaining weight but baby not really. so she suggested to induce to give birth to baby in week 38. i am 36weeks 5 days now.
i also had this problem when i have my girl. she's gaining really little or no gaining. till 36weeks, she's still 1.9kg only. then it was going to be CNY period, so gynae ask me to go for sono scanning b4 the long CNY break. just 2 days b4 CNY, i did the scanning and sono detect waterbag level low. so i had to admit immediately on that night. so i went home, bathe, eat till i shiok, den admit after 12am that day so its considered as nx day charge. induced straight away.
gynae also recommend to induce early since bb not absorbing inside. better to feed from outside as least we can monitor..

you're reaching the finishing line for pregnancy and a start to a new chapter of life. =D