Baby Weight At 3rd Trimester

casshong

i think they say induce more painful because it's like speeding up labour. i read that breaking water bag is not painful.

XenXuan

induce wont be cost more pain.. juz when they put the induce medicine in,it might hurt abit at ur private area.. but generally its juz supposed to help u dilate n kick-start/proceed into labor process.. when doctors prick/burst ur waterbag,there wont be pain,the most will feel is a warm rush of water exiting ,tinkling feeling or no feeling(for me).. not sure about if induce will cost more,but i tot its supposed to be within a normal delivery package? cuz usually if u r full term/ready to give birth,they will induce u for most cases,unless u r dilating smoothly n rapidly..

maneo0302

induce wont be cost more pain.. juz when they put the induce medicine in,it might hurt abit at ur private area.. but generally its juz supposed to help u dilate n kick-start/proceed into labor process.. when doctors prick/burst ur waterbag,there wont be pain,the most will feel is a warm rush of water exiting ,tinkling feeling or no feeling(for me).. not sure about if induce will cost more,but i tot its supposed to be within a normal delivery package? cuz usually if u r full term/ready to give birth,they will induce u for most cases,unless u r dilating smoothly n rapidly..
I have been thinking about this for a long time. How do the doctor prick or burst your water bag?

Borntaker

Methods of induced labour:

Prostoglandin
What is it? Prostaglandin is a hormone-like substance, which helps stimulate uterine contractions.

What happens if I am given prostoglandin? Your midwife or doctor will insert a tablet, pessary or gel containing prostaglandin into your vagina to ripen your cervix. You may need a second dose of the tablet or gel, if labour hasn't started. Pessaries release the prostaglandin slowly over 24 hours, so only one dose is needed.

Risks Vaginal prostaglandin is the most commonly recommended method to induce labour because it often works better and has fewer disadvantages than other methods.

There is a very small risk that using or vaginal prostaglandins, or Syntocinon (see below), may cause your uterus to become overstimulated or hyperstimulated. Hyperstimulation of the uterus seriously reduces the oxygen supply to your baby. Drugs can be used to stop or slow down the contractions if this happens.

In a worst-case scenario, hyperstimulation can cause your uterus to rupture (tear). This is more likely to happen if you are having a "trial of labour" following a previous caesarean section. (Read more about vaginal birth after a caesarean, also known as VBAC.)

Artificially rupturing the membranes (ARM)
What is it? ARM is sometimes called "breaking the waters". Breaking your waters is no longer recommended as a method of induction (unless vaginal prostaglandins cannot be used for some reason) but some doctors or midwives may use it to speed labour up if it's not progressing.

What happens if my waters are broken? This procedure can be done during an internal examination. A midwife or doctor makes a small break in the membranes around your baby using either an amniohook (a long thin probe which looks a little like a fine crochet hook) or an amnicot (a medical glove with a pricked end on one of the fingers). This procedure often works when the cervix feels soft and ready for labour to start.

Risks Artificial rupture of the membranes (ARM) does not always work, and, once your waters have been broken, your baby could be at risk of infection. This is why it's no longer recommended as a method of induction on its own. If your doctor suspects an infection, she will give you antibiotics.

I ve found some info jus to share with those who r curious about induced labour.

Last edited:

Borntaker

Hi maneo, sorry to ve scared u, is using finger not needle..keke..

Breaking the waters: If your cervix is already slightly dilated, your doctor may insert a finger into the vagina to manually separate the water bag from the uterus, stimulating the release of prostaglandins that will soften the cervix. Your water bag may not actually be broken. You may then be sent home to wait for labour to start. Or, your waters may be broken forcibly using a tiny hook. This way, strong contractions will follow and you may deliver within the next 24 hours.

Aiyo...use a needle! Isn't it painful?

maneo0302

Breaking the waters: If your cervix is already slightly dilated, your doctor may insert a finger into the vagina to manually separate the water bag from the uterus, stimulating the release of prostaglandins that will soften the cervix. Your water bag may not actually be broken. You may then be sent home to wait for labour to start. Or, your waters may be broken forcibly using a tiny hook. This way, strong contractions will follow and you may deliver within the next 24 hours.
Oh I see...
Scary...

Carlisle

Don't worry to much, I think that's normal. we gain weight depending on body type. I'm well built even before I got pregnant, and I gained weight like crazy especially on my 3rd Trimester. Just consult your OB on your next visit.

maneo0302

Don't worry to much, I think that's normal. we gain weight depending on body type. I'm well built even before I got pregnant, and I gained weight like crazy especially on my 3rd Trimester. Just consult your OB on your next visit.
I purposely eat alot during my 8-9th month. I don't want to have a 'less than average weight' baby. How much did you gain overall? I gained 13kg.

XenXuan

Borntaker answers reminded me of my delivery for my son.. when i admitted in,doctors said they will insert the tablet every 12hrs for 4times to induce me,if after 4th inserts,still no pain/dilation,will have to go for C-section.. they inserted the tablet for 2nd time (after the 1st was inserted almost 12hrs ago)when i was only 1cm dilated to help labor.. i duno hw they burst my waterbag,haha,its over my legs n i was getting too involved in the contractions pain to bother hw they burst my waterbag.. let alone feel if there is any pain when waterbag burst.. i only rem they used a tube-like device into my virgina n insert the tablet/ check for dilation/burst waterbag,i rem this hurt abit.. my waterbag was slighty ruptured after my toilet visit,thats why they decided to burst it..

maneo0302

Borntaker answers reminded me of my delivery for my son.. when i admitted in,doctors said they will insert the tablet every 12hrs for 4times to induce me,if after 4th inserts,still no pain/dilation,will have to go for C-section.. they inserted the tablet for 2nd time (after the 1st was inserted almost 12hrs ago)when i was only 1cm dilated to help labor.. i duno hw they burst my waterbag,haha,its over my legs n i was getting too involved in the contractions pain to bother hw they burst my waterbag.. let alone feel if there is any pain when waterbag burst.. i only rem they used a tube-like device into my virgina n insert the tablet/ check for dilation/burst waterbag,i rem this hurt abit.. my waterbag was slighty ruptured after my toilet visit,thats why they decided to burst it..
Thanks all. still scary. hehe!

bibiaishah85

Hi everyone! First time posting... Just came back from my check up 38 weeks pregnant.. Doc say baby is 3.4kg now.. I'm a little worried my baby too big for normal delivery.. =(

maneo0302

Hi everyone! First time posting... Just came back from my check up 38 weeks pregnant.. Doc say baby is 3.4kg now.. I'm a little worried my baby too big for normal delivery.. =(
Its hard to say. My friend went for normal delivery when her baby is more than 4kg.

XenXuan

Doctor will tell u if ur baby is too big can't go for normal delivery.. Did u asked ur doctor abt it? My son was abt 3.4kg estimated weight at 40weeks too,borned weight was 3.575kg.. Dun worry so much.. ^^

lyra

When I'm at 28 weeks baby is 1 kg. I ate durians in order to help him grow bigger even though I dun particularly love durians. Lol. Doc said the weight is normal. He gained a lot. Last check up, he was only 600+g. I guess durians really so help. I read in the following mths my bb will undergo a growth spurt! I'm already feeling very big and heavy now but I dun look big as I gain little weight. Only gained 6kg and it's worrying becoz I'm supposed to gain 12kg at birth of bb...

maneo0302

When I'm at 28 weeks baby is 1 kg. I ate durians in order to help him grow bigger even though I dun particularly love durians. Lol. Doc said the weight is normal. He gained a lot. Last check up, he was only 600+g. I guess durians really so help. I read in the following mths my bb will undergo a growth spurt! I'm already feeling very big and heavy now but I dun look big as I gain little weight. Only gained 6kg and it's worrying becoz I'm supposed to gain 12kg at birth of bb...
i gained 13kg overall and i ate durians during my pregnancy. but baby born weight is only 2.1kg. Now i cant seem to lose the extra 8kg i have gained.

bangalah

Hi, im now in my week 29 and my baby only 1kg. Doc say still ok but only growing quite slow... but for myself i already gained total of 12 kg. Been eating normal... think all the weight gain on me not my baby...

pixie

During my pregnancy, I have gained 13kg and the last scan that the gynae did for me, she told me that the baby weighed around 2.4kg. Upon delivery (Baby is overdue by 4 days), my girl's actual weight is 3.1kg. I eat as per normal in the 3rd trimester.