Baby with one kidney

Julin

Congrats, Coffee..

I am happy to hear that your gal is doing well.

The doctor did mention about the army thing.. We will need to get the report scan when he is ready for army..
Most likely, will be doing admin.. At least, I don need to worry about the tough training that all Singaporean boys go thru.. Keke..

Take great care..
Wish good health to our little heros..

Keep in touch..

coffee

Congrats, Coffee..

I am happy to hear that your gal is doing well.

The doctor did mention about the army thing.. We will need to get the report scan when he is ready for army..
Most likely, will be doing admin.. At least, I dont need to worry about the tough training that all Singaporean boys go thru.. Keke..

Take great care..
Wish good health to our little heros..

Keep in touch..
Hi Julin,

Did ur PD says anything about fever medication that our kids not supposed to take as it might be harmful for their kidneys for example iprufen? i read ipufen is quite damaging to the kidneys but we depends a lot on it to bring down high fever and as you know, kids fall sick so often which means they have to take a lot of iprufen doses. My boy had taken quite a lot oredi due to him falling so so often.

Julin

Hi Coffee,

My doctor didn't tell me this.
so far,my boy had no fever..
But he got bronchitis which was spread by his sister who has been coughing..

Did you check with your doctor?
Can take panadol instead?

Hope your little one get well soon

coffee

Hi Coffee,

My doctor didn't tell me this.
so far,my boy had no fever..
But he got bronchitis which was spread by his sister who has been coughing..

Did you check with your doctor?
Can take panadol instead?

Hope your little one get well soon
Hi Julin,

Sorry for getting so long to get back here. Keep forgetting to ask PD.

Iprufen is filtered by kidneys so I am worried of giving if needs arise but when kids have high fever, paracemtol doesn't help much to lower down high fever, iprufen is required but our PD says as long as didn't take continuously for more than 2 weeks, it should be fine. :)

My girl is growing well, just a bit underweight.

How is your little boy? Are you breastfeeding him? I am currently fully breastfeeding her but will be going back to work soon and thus, not sure if I can continue to do so. She is now 4.5 mths. Has you started him on solids yet?

Btw the way, which PD are you seeing? I am currently seeing Dr MC Tan at raffles hospital.

allele

Hi mummies.. No worries about baby born with one kidney. Im an example of a person with only one kidney and u guys are really lucky to find out in such an early stag that the baby with one kidney coz for me, I only found out when I was around 22 years old! No one knew that I have only one kidney.. Be assured that u still can have a normal life! Im now 28 this year, and Im pregnant with a 15weeks baby now:) Do read more articles about ppl born with one kidney coz u will see many examples of ppl living with normal lifestyles. Cheers!