Baby's head size

Jodav

My baby's head diameter is 9cm at week 35. His weight is about 2.2KG at week 33. Doctor said he is a big headed baby... Any idea what is the biggest head diameter that you can go for natural birth? Worried that I might need to go for C section if baby's head is too big :(

i think it depends on your size too for natural delivery, whether you're tall or petite, slim or full figure. heard from people that the bigger the head the smarter the baby.. haha :001_302:

Yuki Miaka

My baby's head diameter is 9cm at week 35. His weight is about 2.2KG at week 33. Doctor said he is a big headed baby... Any idea what is the biggest head diameter that you can go for natural birth? Worried that I might need to go for C section if baby's head is too big :(

ya think it's really depends on individual..
my gil's head size is 32cm....natural birth, have been pushing her out for one and the half hour but fail, at the end doctor use the equipment to suck the baby out while i push...because i take too long to push, baby's heart beat slowed down so she may be in danger if she is not out as soon as possible..

some ppl babay's head also big but they have no problem on natural birth...

stonston

it depends very much on ur pelvic bone. some ppl hv larger pelvic bone so baby's head big also can go thru. ur gynae will do some measurements n let u noe if natural birth is not an option.

annie

my girl's head 33cm circumference when born.. i went through natural delivery. 3 push n she is out. less than 10mins! anyway i was in labour rm only 20mins in total before she came out lol

CarolOng

My bb's head is 32cm & was delivered by natural birth. Pushed for abt 20mins. =) i'm quite big size la... but i think my butt consider not big for my size so pelvic bone shld be average size ba.

Don't worry la. Get advise from yr gynae when due date is approaching. They r the professional =)