Baby's heartbeat = 170bpm = Baby Girl?

Ladydirt

Hi all,

My husband wanted a boy & I wanted a girl. After our 2nd visit to the gynae, we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat @ 7weeks. We are so amazed and excited.

So my husband started to google & found a lot of myths that 'matched' my symptoms leading him to believe that I'm carrying a girl... He was quite disappointed :(

Like for example the myth on 'baby's heartbeat' - According to old folklore, if it's under 140 beats per minute, it's a boy, anything above that? Definitely a girl!
Another one that I hit jackpot is ms, i always has it in the evening - myth states that If we suffer from nausea and general sickness during the first twelve weeks, we're supposedly carrying a girl. But if that nasty sicky feeling strikes a little later, it's most definitely a boy. People also believe that the timing of our sickness is a clear indication of our baby's sex with boys making us sick in the morning and girls in the evening.

Mummies out there, can I really take my baby's heartbeat as an indication of its gender?

venussnow

I didn't had morning sickness since I was pregnant so I wouldn't know tt. But a lot if ppl tot I am carrying a boy coz of my lack of morning sickness and outbreak. I am happy to tell them I am carrying a little baby girl and she's a sweet angel who spares me any discomfort of pregnancies other than strong kicks and punches now and then

mskyliee

Hmmmm. I doubt how fast the heartbeat is determine the gender. It's the same for adult, u don't hear people saying there's a a huge difference btn male and female. As for ms.. I didn't had a single ms for my pregnancy, but my friend puked every single day. Both of us was carrying a boy and our edd is the same. So I guess it's really a myth. Whatever the gender is, the baby is still your child...

icy_haze

Heard ab the ms myth....but for me my pregnancy symptoms were the same for both my boys and gal...ms were the same too...happen in the morning for all 3 pregnancies during the 1st 12 weeks regardless of the gender...

pocus2000

Hi all,

My husband wanted a boy & I wanted a girl. After our 2nd visit to the gynae, we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat @ 7weeks. We are so amazed and excited.

So my husband started to google & found a lot of myths that 'matched' my symptoms leading him to believe that I'm carrying a girl... He was quite disappointed :(

Like for example the myth on 'baby's heartbeat' - According to old folklore, if it's under 140 beats per minute, it's a boy, anything above that? Definitely a girl!
Another one that I hit jackpot is ms, i always has it in the evening - myth states that If we suffer from nausea and general sickness during the first twelve weeks, we're supposedly carrying a girl. But if that nasty sicky feeling strikes a little later, it's most definitely a boy. People also believe that the timing of our sickness is a clear indication of our baby's sex with boys making us sick in the morning and girls in the evening.

Mummies out there, can I really take my baby's heartbeat as an indication of its gender?
No it's BS. My colleague's 12weeks report her fetus giving 150bpm and it's a girl.

I believe you when to www.babybpm.com/ issit? Beware of all this BS websites (which my anti-virus flagged as unsafe) with their own BS theories, if it's so accurate it would have be recognized by the medical body an Gynaes will be using it as an official test liao instead of posting at such dubious website.

Just accept whatever gender your baby is, there are some worried about their baby's health and gender is definately the last thing to worry about.

If it's more comforting, in SG daugthers tend to be more filial that sons..it's a known FACT... And if your hubby or in-laws blame you, shove it up their mouth, it's his own fault for giving you the X chromosome.

Last edited:

ping87

actually be it girl or boy, ultimately, it's a bundle of joy. I hope ur husband will be able to look on the brighter side. :)
i suspected mine is a girl too.. but both me and my husband are happy, cos end of the day, girl or boy, they gonna leave us and start their won family in future.. enjoy the moment now.. :)

in fact, girl is more sticky to daddy i heard. hehe.. so, i should be relief that in future my kids will not keep asking me to carry(tiring). hehe..

jusrach

Some people believe that what kind of food you crave for.
If you crave for sweet food it will be baby boy.
If you crave for sour food it will be a baby girl.

For me I don't have MS so and always tired not sure whether its becos of baby boy than will like that.
Don't because of baby gender affect your mood. like all mummies says it's a bundle of joy! Sooner or later your hubby will accept because it's both of your child.

Cheers!

pixie

I never believe in myths/old wives' tales.

If all these bullocks can be taken seriously, then why still go seek doctor's help and get a gynae to deliver the baby.

NeSSa

i had morning sickness at nite and i had a baby boy :)....n had it for the 1st 3 months 4 months onwards no more MS...

Ladydirt

Hi all,

Thanks for all your encouragements and advices... hope his perception will change as my tummy grow bigger... :)