baby's milk and sleeping problem!!!

snowbear

annie, snowbear,

my dad keep 'blame' me for sleeping late during my pregnancy and said that dear son inherit me... but i believe during pregnancy, most mummies cant sleep early at night due to babies' vigorous movements...

and yes snowbear, my hubby also said though CL is experience in taking care of babies but it's better to listen to more experience people like pediatrician... pediatrician once told us babies drink milk on demand but whenever people comment that my baby is drinking too much or too lil, head looks flat, sleep got snoring sound etc, i can't help but feel wry even though pediatrician keep ensure us that all are normal...

btw, do your babies love to be cuddle? mine , from 5-6pm onwards want people to carry... alot people told me NOT to carry him just let him cry but as a mother, i really can't bear to see him cry for so long...
Tell your dad that there's no link between mummy's sleep pattern and bb's. :D

babies are usually fussy in the evenings. If it's crying non-stop maybe your dear son has got colic... Monitor a bit and see how. I read that it's not possible to spoil a baby below 6months of age. Also, i was told during antenatal class that shouldn't let baby cry more than 5min at a stretch.

apollo

Tell your dad that there's no link between mummy's sleep pattern and baby's. :D

babies are usually fussy in the evenings. If it's crying non-stop maybe your dear son has got colic... Monitor a bit and see how. I read that it's not possible to spoil a baby below 6months of age. Also, i was told during antenatal class that shouldn't let baby cry more than 5min at a stretch.
then i more fan xin to carry him when he wail.. haha... thks :001_302::001_302::001_302:

sanjing07

Alpha Male
hi regina, my baby is now two mths.

My boy started with about 40-60 ml in the first week, to about 70-80ml in the second week, and by 3rd week he is already drinking 100ml every 3 hours. by the 4th week, he is going to 100-120ml. Coincidentially, his weight went up pretty fast during the first 5 weeks. when we went for the 1mth injection, we realised he put on 2.5kg in 4.5 weeks. So we can certain the milk is going somewhere.

Like some of the guys here say, every baby is different, so those guides that you see in books, magz, and the FM tins are just guides. More importantly, is that your baby growing well, and not crying too much, it should be fine. According to my PD, it is fine if he drinks more than other babies as long as he is growing, and active.

annie

yea bb sleep has nothing to do with mummy's sleep pattern during pregnancy. my girl is one good eg. i used to sleep around 2-3am sometimes even 4-5am during preggy and my girl is a bb who loves sleeping early! i always try not to let her nap late in the evening cos if i put her down for a late nap she wont wake up till midnight! she likes to sleep early.. anytime after 7pm she sure wont wake up anymore.. anyway her last nap now is at 5pm and she wakes up usually around 6.30pm so still ok to meet her night time sleep at 9.30pm..

yah snowbear is right. old folks say try to let bb stay awake more in the day n wake them up if they are napping too long so that they can sleep better at night is not true. of cos if your bb is dead tired he will sleep better at night but then it might not be easy to get him down n he will be fussy whole day due to lack of sleep.. sometimes my girl whole day only napped 1hr(2 30mins nap) but at night also didnt sleep any better. but sometimes when she nap 5hrs in total (2 x 2.5hrs nap), she also didnt sleep any worse at night. her night sleep didnt seem much affected by her naps but then if she nap more, she wont be fussy in daytime n is much happy n easier bb compare to if she dosent nap enough..

many ppl say u cant spoil a bb below 6mths but for me i still try not to carry my girl too much just in case.. lol. i will carry her if she cries of cos n will put her down as soon as she stop crying. as long as u dun overdo it (keep carrying even if she is not crying) then i think its ok

apollo

hi regina, my baby is now two mths.

My boy started with about 40-60 ml in the first week, to about 70-80ml in the second week, and by 3rd week he is already drinking 100ml every 3 hours. by the 4th week, he is going to 100-120ml. Coincidentially, his weight went up pretty fast during the first 5 weeks. when we went for the 1mth injection, we realised he put on 2.5kg in 4.5 weeks. So we can certain the milk is going somewhere.

Like some of the guys here say, every baby is different, so those guides that you see in books, magz, and the FM tins are just guides. More importantly, is that your baby growing well, and not crying too much, it should be fine. According to my pediatrician, it is fine if he drinks more than other babies as long as he is growing, and active.
yes agree... but always wry... no matter he drink more or less haha.. maybe 1st time mummy so more kan chiong :001_302:

apollo

yea baby sleep has nothing to do with mummy's sleep pattern during pregnancy. my girl is one good eg. i used to sleep around 2-3am sometimes even 4-5am during preggy and my girl is a baby who loves sleeping early! i always try not to let her nap late in the evening cos if i put her down for a late nap she wont wake up till midnight! she likes to sleep early.. anytime after 7pm she sure wont wake up anymore.. anyway her last nap now is at 5pm and she wakes up usually around 6.30pm so still ok to meet her night time sleep at 9.30pm..

yah snowbear is right. old folks say try to let baby stay awake more in the day and wake them up if they are napping too long so that they can sleep better at night is not true. of cos if your baby is dead tired he will sleep better at night but then it might not be easy to get him down and he will be fussy whole day due to lack of sleep.. sometimes my girl whole day only napped 1hr(2 30mins nap) but at night also didnt sleep any better. but sometimes when she nap 5hrs in total (2 x 2.5hrs nap), she also didnt sleep any worse at night. her night sleep didnt seem much affected by her naps but then if she nap more, she wont be fussy in daytime and is much happy and easier baby compare to if she dosent nap enough..

many ppl say you cant spoil a baby below 6mths but for me i still try not to carry my girl too much just in case.. lol. i will carry her if she cries of cos and will put her down as soon as she stop crying. as long as you dont overdo it (keep carrying even if she is not crying) then i think its ok
my hubby's grandma loves to wake my ds up!!! and in a very rough way!!! think gonna get my huby to talk to her and other relatives in case they wake ds up again.. haha

stonston

When my son cry, we nvr rush to pick him up. When we hear him cry, we will respond immediately to let him know we are there, but we won't rush to give him attention. We will jus ask him in a smoothing voice 'why baby? what's wrong?', sometimes he'll stop and we just continue talking to him in a soothing voice and let him play on his own. Sometimes he'll continue crying, then we'll go over and smile and him, and check if he needs anything (diaper change, uncomfy, milk, etc). Sometimes it still dun work, then we'll pat him or place our hand on his chest to comfort him. If still cry then we pick him up (but sit down, no moving, no rocking). So far there was only once that we needed to carry him for more than 10min to comfort him and it was when he had flu and couldn't breathe properly and wanted comfort.

Books always say you can nvr spoil a child younger than 6mths old but I beg to differ from my personal experience. Babies now are much smarter than before and they learn very quickly too. After my 3mths maternity leave, my maid took over the care of my son. She loves my son alot and won't bear to let him cry. So she picks him up everytime he cries. And he was only 3mths+ at tt time, he already know who he can 'bully'. When I'm home and my maid is busy, he won't cry for us to carry him. But when my maid is in the room, he'll cry and cry until she picks him up. He knows that my maid will pick him up so he only cry when she's there! Even my maid says she regret giving him so much attention and she should hv listened to us.

Me and my hb hv been 'training' my son like tt. Everything he cries, he won't get wot he wants. He has to say it. When he still couldn't talk, we made him point out what he wanted, then slowly teach him how to name objects and make requests.
And now he knows that with us he cannot cry for anything he wants, he wants something, he learn to open his mouth and ask for it. "mummy, I want milk" or "daddy, I'm hungry. I want biscuit."
Crying jus makes everyone more frustrated. He's frustrated tt he can't get wot he want, I'm frustrated cos i dunno wot he want. So it's good to teach them from young, even when they can't talk, just keep repeating and one day they'll repeat after you :)