backache

hi all,

i am into my 2nd trimester.. and nowadays i experience backache in the middle of the night like 4am kind...then keep turning and tossing about, hard to get to sleep. anyone experience that??

and sometimes the backache on either side of the back.. are ur backache the same location also??

Phoebii Cheng

Its normal to hv backache as ur pregnancy progress, the 3rd tri ur backache will b even more frequent, tht time I also hv backache ......cos as bb grows

ling.er

hi all,

i am into my 2nd trimester.. and nowadays i experience backache in the middle of the night like 4am kind...then keep turning and tossing about, hard to get to sleep. anyone experience that??

and sometimes the backache on either side of the back.. are your backache the same location also??

I do have backach with in 2nd trim.. Nw im goin into 3rd.. Some time do have backach as well... U try slp side way & tk a pillow suppport.. Do help .. ^^

jojoki

ya when near delivery its worse! cannot sleep through a night! cannot find comy position...ask give u gentle rubbing on ur back

bakaholic

I get it occasionally. Have to keep turning to adjust position. I know if i sleep too much, I will have that effect too.
Have you consider changing pillow/mattress? I changed both previously and it helps.

blackpiggy

I do not have backaches (yet), thank God, but I always wake up in the morning sleeping on my back even though I sleep on my sides at night.
I also find sleeping on my back more comfortable (now), I’m always a back-sleeper till my pregnancy, I know it’s bad for my back once my tummy gets heavier, anyway to prevent from turning to sleep on the back? :nah:

Hi ! I too experiences backache but i think its not just because we have an enlarging tummy thats hard to carry but because our breasts tend to get big also as the pregnancy progresses. I do stretching exercises to lessen pain. The best sleeping position is to lie sideward on your left so as not to compress the vessel for good body circulation.

Mummy to Baby V

I did Pilates stretching exercises every day through pregnancy. Strong abdominal muscles enabled me to push baby out in 11 minutes during delivery. :)

Tempur pillow provides very good support and I love it!

black piggy: Sleeping sideways is important to ensure baby gets sufficient oxygen. Try putting a pillow against your back when sleeping?

xicloudix

I am now 37 weeks... having sleepless night these few days as backache and pevis pain, can;t even turn... dun dare disturb hubby coz he need his sleep too, so rather sit and slp or not sleep....

eyes closing now... haizzzzz hubby ask me go induce... i say see how try to endure first....

tried pillows and even place extra soft comforter on top of my mattress and it works for few days and now pain again..... any other suggesstion?? or massage helps??? so painful until now have problems walking..

xlan

My sides feel more aches than my back.. Not use to side sleeping thou I started training myself since week6.. I put bolster behind my back too but after a while will either I pushed it away or hubby hug onto it instead.. N up I fall flat on my back again.. N both my arms go numb due to poor blood circulation.. When I realize it's too late already..

jus made a huge purchase.. Bot a queen size tempur mattress pad at Robinson sales.. Cost 1799.. Delivering on next sat afternoon.. Hope this would b a good investment n wil eventually helps..

I did Pilates stretching exercises every day through pregnancy. Strong abdominal muscles enabled me to push baby out in 11 minutes during delivery. :)

Tempur pillow provides very good support and I love it!

black piggy: Sleeping sideways is important to ensure baby gets sufficient oxygen. Try putting a pillow against your back when sleeping?
the tempur pillow is it normal pillow?

nightingale

I'm also experiencing some backache at 18 weeks, particularly when I sit for too long. Does anyone know if it is safe to use a handheld massager, like the OSIM iPamper? I've been advised to avoid massage chairs in general especially during the first trimester, but how about now?

danerine

Alpha Male
Hi all,

I do experience backache now . Esp i am now in my 19 weeks. I am thinking of going to a pilates or yoga class to relieve the backache. I thinl its better not to use the massage machine , as we also dont whether the massage will affect the baby. ( that my opinion)

xlan

hello mummies!! i've been sleeping on my new "investment" - the tempur mattress overlay, it is a add-on on top of my existing simmon mattress, for abt a week now.. totally no regret w/ the $heartache$, n ease a lot on my body aches, i can sleep better throughout the night.. w/ lesser turn-overs n seems it improves my leg cramp problem as well.. *thumbs up*

n yesterday i just bought a maternity supporting belt.. tried it on this morning till after lunch.. it does help me support my back better, esp after meals, i dun feel my tummy as heavy as before.. majiam someone supporting my back n below my tummy.. not bad.. but i hv qn abt this supporting belt.. is that can i wear it throughout the day? will it be too cramp or will it affect BB? does any mommy here use a belt as well?

bakaholic

Massage gadgets are not recommended during pregnancy.
You can try prenatal pilates/yoga for backache. I am trying out the prenatal yoga this weekend. will update on the effect. Getting a slight aching for the last couple of days.

Missy Cindy

Im also has a backache and leg cram at night~ How i flip still the same, but side way will feel better but sleeping straight feel like something blocking my breathing that makes me hard to breath..

Missy Cindy

I'm also experiencing some backache at 18 weeks, particularly when I sit for too long. Does anyone know if it is safe to use a handheld massager, like the OSIM iPamper? I've been advised to avoid massage chairs in general especially during the first trimester, but how about now?
Hi, i realize that your baby and mine is due in the same date, but im unable to see my baby gender yet.

nightingale

Hi, i realize that your baby and mine is due in the same date, but im unable to see my baby gender yet.
Hey Missy_Cindy, my gynae could only be 90% certain at last scan anyway, probably will try to confirm it at our next ultrasound. So your turn will come soon! And no worries - plenty of time for shopping afterwards! :)

In fact now that I've started stocking up girly items (pink and flowers and all), I'm wondering how funny it would be if baby turns out to be a boy at birth! Any mummies here had that experience?? (Sorry a little off-topic!)