Bali Trip

wyz

Hey all... I'm new to this forum.... *hi*
I'm a mother of 1 to a 4 yrs old boy, who live in Tampines.

We're going Bali end of this mth... any suggestion on where to go and what to do there ? thanks!

Anaqi

hi...wyz...

i went bali for my honeymoon last yr..me & my hubby find it enjoyable. we stayed @ Wina resort & Diyana Villa. we went for massage, shopping, watched 1 of the most beautiful sunset, went to see 1 of their active volcano.....fun!!...

Porukadotzu

We're going Bali end of this mth... any suggestion on where to go and what to do there ? thanks!

waw! i missed Bali!

actually quite alot activities you can do.. you can go scuba diving if you like to dive, you can try to go surfing if you're not afraid of the waves, or can go to those silver handcraft store to watch how they crafting it and then the guide will ask you to buy but you also can opt to not buying...

or you can just go to see the temples at Ubud and there also quite alot arts store to look at quite many japanese tourist go there, the monkeys at Sangeh, Beachwalk at Kuta or if you stay at Nusa Dua the beach there i think nicer..hehe..but not much this to see at Nusa Dua, just hotels around the stretch.. or can go to spas many option to go can find on internet.

And if you're with kids, you can have activities like Flying kites and stuff at the beach...

CanCanMum

1) White water rafting = u can sign up at the tour booths near the hotel street. Its super duper FUN!! A 2-hour water sports....sure enjoy one~ They provide life jackets for kids and adults. U will love it. Plus they will record into a video and sell to u oso. As a rememberance. Remember to try Bali Coffee there~ it just tastes different.

2) Ubud = visit to the forgotten land ~ we visited the village where they leave the dead body under the sacred tree.....(not advisable if small groups, beta to go in big groups coz the villagers are somewhat primitive pple~ its a 2-hour drive from central bali + boat to the ubud deeper village. From the jetty there are shops where they sell very exquisite handicrafts worth buying. A handmade chess set selling at SGD 2.

3) LuLu Bath and Body Massage = Cheap and good. Only SGD 12, a 2 hour session.

4) Stock up your bikinis there. Bali has lots of patterns of bikini and at low price.

5) Dine and wine = almost everywhere has affordable luxury dining and pubbing. We had restaurant food almost everyday. U can also opt for seaside alfresco dining at night. Very romantic.

6) Go-kart = Fun and hot. Tests your driving skills to the max.

FYI we travelled there when we were still single~ not sure if with kids will have restrictions. R u going there with your kids?

Anaqi

hi cancanmum...

i went for body massage when i was @ Bali. it was goooood. but i didnt have LuLu bath. watz that?

wyz

1) White water rafting = u can sign up at the tour booths near the hotel street. Its super duper FUN!! A 2-hour water sports....sure enjoy one~ They provide life jackets for kids and adults. U will love it. Plus they will record into a video and sell to u oso. As a rememberance. Remember to try Bali Coffee there~ it just tastes different.

2) Ubud = visit to the forgotten land ~ we visited the village where they leave the dead body under the sacred tree.....(not advisable if small groups, beta to go in big groups coz the villagers are somewhat primitive pple~ its a 2-hour drive from central bali + boat to the ubud deeper village. From the jetty there are shops where they sell very exquisite handicrafts worth buying. A handmade chess set selling at SGD 2.

4) Stock up your bikinis there. Bali has lots of patterns of bikini and at low price.

5) Dine and wine = almost everywhere has affordable luxury dining and pubbing. We had restaurant food almost everyday. U can also opt for seaside alfresco dining at night. Very romantic.

FYI we travelled there when we were still single~ not sure if with kids will have restrictions. R u going there with your kids?
Woahh!! Seems like u enjoyed Bali very much. And wats tat with the dead body?? really?? and yes yes with the seaside alfresco dining....

Too bad I cant swim, so i cant enjoy much with water activities except a few ones...

$12 only for the spa! so cheapp... will try.. points taken.

Yes, will bringing my boy a long...

I heard there's a small island where we can go by the boat over there... have any of u heard of it? can do snorkelling and all.... but duno wats the name of island.

edy

Administrator
Staff member
I love Bali!

Must visit place
Tanah Lot (In the morning or 5pm (before sunset))
Ubud (Lunch for their famous Ibu Oka BBQ Pig) and Dinner at Bebek Benggel

Jimbaran for their BBQ Seafood and lovely sand and sea
Kudeta with your SO :)

Shopping
Local made clothes are relatively cheap and you have to bargain with them at least 50% or more

Balinese style SPA is superb

-e

kbfgrace

hi..
can i know how much u paid for the bali trip?

CanCanMum

Woahh!! Seems like u enjoyed Bali very much. And wats tat with the dead body?? really?? and yes yes with the seaside alfresco dining....

Too bad I cant swim, so i cant enjoy much with water activities except a few ones...

$12 only for the spa! so cheapp... will try.. points taken.

Yes, will bringing my boy a long...

I heard there's a small island where we can go by the boat over there... have any of u heard of it? can do snorkelling and all.... but duno wats the name of island.
its ok if u dun noe how to swim~

my gf who was so scared of the water and canx swim a tiny bit oso went~

u will be sitting inside a raft and flowing with the water currents~

as for the dead body arh~ well it is left there to decompose without any smell~ they swear tat tree is sacred lor~ but scary coz tat time i din bring enuf $ and the villagers said my offering to the dead is too little like i dun respect them and demanded at least 1000 rupiah (or was it 100000? canx rem, but was a big note) from me~lols....luckily my friends helped ~ hahahahha~ there were 7-8 of them there heehehehe but ok la coz one of our friends is indonesian and the driver who brought us there went to 'calm' them down~ heeeee

tat small island with snorkeling? Dunno leh~

Last edited:

Porukadotzu

waaa... you're so detail!! hhaha.. now i feel like going to Bali too!!! but can not! hiksss baby too small...

waaa you stock up bikini meh?!?! hahahhaa

when i go there i only stock up sandals and necklaces!!! hahahhaa!! body not so good in bikini, afraid others who see me will go blind forever! hahaa!!

Porukadotzu

yes yes!

we went there last time oso....

but if u kenna menses canx go into the temple~

oso muz bring sarong~ take off earrings or monkeys will ka jiao u~

hahahha~ super fun i missed it!
ya, if women during 'tat' can not go in...

and i never go to tat monkey place in Sangeh coz i don't like monkeys hahaha.. just heard from frens tat its quite fun ...

last time i went there b4 married too, we rent a car with driver to go around tourists area for 1 day... but i forgot how much i paid the driver coz quite long time ago hahazz b4 the Bali bombing takes place... if not mistaken around Rp.500 thousand tat time... but maybe now they charge more..

but really need to prepare cash money to go around Bali, coz every tourist sites have this local guide who will take you around and telling you the story and stuff and in the end you need to give them money... and they demand it..hehe..

Porukadotzu

its ok if u dun noe how to swim~

my gf who was so scared of the water and canx swim a tiny bit oso went~

u will be sitting inside a raft and flowing with the water currents~

as for the dead body arh~ well it is left there to decompose without any smell~ they swear tat tree is sacred lor~ but scary coz tat time i din bring enuf $ and the villagers said my offering to the dead is too little like i dun respect them and demanded at least 1000 rupiah from me~lols....luckily my friends helped ~ hahahahha~ there were 7-8 of them there heehehehe but ok la coz one of our friends is indonesian and the driver who brought us there went to 'calm' them down~ heeeee

tat small island with snorkeling? Dunno leh~
yea, Balinese kinda strict when it comes to their ritual tradition...

but waw you go to those sacred place too... for me i dun dare hahaha... so many scary stories about Bali sacred places... so i prefer to go to shopping district hahah..

But what i like Bali is there's alot of those white fragrant flower tat grows on trees called 'Bunga Kamboja'. When you arrive in Bali you can smell it rite away.

And ofcoz you need to try NASI BALI hahha...quite different from the one they sell at Katrina.

CanCanMum

waaa... you're so detail!! hhaha.. now i feel like going to Bali too!!! but can not! hiksss baby too small...

waaa you stock up bikini meh?!?! hahahhaa

when i go there i only stock up sandals and necklaces!!! hahahhaa!! body not so good in bikini, afraid others who see me will go blind forever! hahaa!!
last time mah....now have to go liposuction den can wear lols! become auntie liaoz....

i oso wanna go~ miss it.....

CanCanMum

ya, if women during 'tat' can not go in...

and i never go to tat monkey place in Sangeh coz i don't like monkeys hahaha.. just heard from frens tat its quite fun ...

last time i went there b4 married too, we rent a car with driver to go around tourists area for 1 day... but i forgot how much i paid the driver coz quite long time ago hahazz b4 the Bali bombing takes place... if not mistaken around Rp.500 thousand tat time... but maybe now they charge more..

but really need to prepare cash money to go around Bali, coz every tourist sites have this local guide who will take you around and telling you the story and stuff and in the end you need to give them money... and they demand it..hehe..
my friends they all crazy.....we went there just 2 weeks after the bombing...can u imagine tat? And we did not buy life insurance somemore...lols....tats when u r single wonx give a damn~.....

if i am not wrong its like Sing 200 or 250 per day to drive u around. So the four of us split the cost.

tat time my GF v funny, got one woman massage her shoulders (out of nowhere) and ask for $$.....lols....i dragged her away........but poor thing la they all live on tourism.....tat time all over Bali was so quiet......

CanCanMum

yea, Balinese kinda strict when it comes to their ritual tradition...

but waw you go to those sacred place too... for me i dun dare hahaha... so many scary stories about Bali sacred places... so i prefer to go to shopping district hahah..

But what i like Bali is there's alot of those white fragrant flower tat grows on trees called 'Bunga Kamboja'. When you arrive in Bali you can smell it rite away.

And ofcoz you need to try NASI BALI hahha...quite different from the one they sell at Katrina.
yes babe~

wow u make me miss Bali~ hahahahha

i miss the coffee there as well.....we had almost 8 cups daily~

Sera Cheng

Hi,

Just been to Bali last month with DH, to relax and destress!

Stay at Nasa Dua - Mirage hotal.

Enjoy their spa, really good for my backache... miss Bali!

:Dancing_wub:

norfen

BALI!

I went there for my honeymoon last year.. then bring back the greatest souvenir... a honeymoon baby! hehehe...

u can bring ur family to the Turtle Island.. got some sort of a mini zoo there. see the turtle hatch, lizard, snakes, chickens...

don't forget the seafood at jimbaran bay, too!!
:Dancing_wub:

edy

Administrator
Staff member
The Famous Ibu Oka Babi Guling from Bali - Ubud.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beS8GrYAoAk[/media]