Bangkok

wilcris

If u wan to shop BB clothes, take train to this station name sila dang (Dun knw spelling correct) walk along the street they selling nice bb clothes cum cheap. My friend aunt bought me there during july. But u have to go on week days.

CTC think the things is better in quality..

priscilla

Wow, do share more about shopping in BKK. Hope to be able to make a trip there when we are back for a short break.

mavis

wah shopping in bangkok...i'm thinking of goin next yr. But its my 1st time ther. any gd hotels to recommand.

Junior

SHOPPING
Flea Market quality
- Chatuchak (Weekend market from about 10am to about 6pm)
- Suan Lum (Weekday night market)
Hi-So quality
- Siam Paragon Mall
- Emporium Mall
- Central Chidlom
Average price
- MBK Mall
- Siam Square

Maelyn

Naraya is available at the former World Trade Centre (opposite the Erawan Shrine). And i think i saw a Naraya outlet in some shopping malls in Singapore but can't remember where:)

Supergirl

Hi Cyn

Forget about CTC, MBK and such.

Go Plantinum Mall!!!

Brand new shopping mall at Bangkok that sell everything you can find in MBK and CTC but much much cheaper and nicer!!! If you buy 1 they will charge you retail price, if you buy 3 or more they will give you the wholesale price!!! They have everything from children clothes to belts to accessories to bags and Birkenstock slippers in many colours and design!!! If you are interested in Birkenstock, remember to buy at the basement shop.

Even talking about it I will go crazy!!! I was there in June and took 3 days in Plantinum Mall and cannot finish shopping there!!! You will shop till you go crazy!

Platinum Fashion Mall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A tip if you are going with males, get a walkie talkie so that females and males can shop separately but still able to keep in contact within the building. Even guys will go crazy in Plantinum Mall.

:tlaugh:

rjj

Naraya is available at the former World Trade Centre (opposite the Erawan Shrine). And i think i saw a Naraya outlet in some shopping malls in Singapore but can't remember where:)
There is a shop @ Vivo City that sells Naraya stuff.... but not cheap compared to those in BKK.

Supergirl

Check out the Naraya Branches here:

Thailand

If you are taking SQ to Bangkok, remember to bring your boarding pass slip to Naraya, they give discount to SQ passengers! I do not know at that time and miss out the discount!

If you are doing everything Free and Easy, you can book hotels from asiarooms, they have the best rates.

Australia hotels, Singapore hotels, Malaysia hotels, Thailand hotels, Japan hotels, bangkok hotel, cebu hotels, bangkok thailand hotels, Hoi An Hotels, Halong Hotels, Nha Trang Hotels

Bangkok traffic jam is most famous, very time consuming. So I would suggest you stay near the place you want to shop and you can walk everywhere you want.

retrobell

anyone been bbk with less than 1 year old toddler? i love shopping, going with 8 mth old ger, dunno have chance to shop whole Plantium Mall. hmmmm

nyrd

anyone been bbk with less than 1 year old toddler? i love shopping, going with 8 mth old ger, dunno have chance to shop whole Plantium Mall. hmmmm
Hi,
Choose a convenient hotel like patuwan princess or novatel so not much travel by taxi, if your girl tired and just walk back from shooping like mbk or paragon ..all are surounding.
Plantium mall must go early morning so not so crowed and less traffic.from wat i saw there most of the things are in wholesale kids item not much lei.
China town (jawalug) got alot of nice things too.
Just came back last week , weather is super hot..

retrobell

hi! thanks for the tips! China town (jawalug) has alot of kids stuffs?as cheap as Plantium Mall sell?ah.. the weather here super hot, in bbk sure get heat stroke. haha. i love chatuchak (weekend market) i did not see wide range of kid's clothing, do they? i only been bbk before i had my girl. so never bother kid's stuffs.

reitan

Alpha Male
I second that - going to Platinum Mall, Pratunam & their biggest open hall pasar malam, Chatuchat. It is a lady's shopping paradise. :)

BKK people are also polite and nice generally. For those of you whose religion is Buddism, you can try going to their temples to pray for safety and well-being for the family.

With so much pluses, what are the minuses? Very hot, dry weather & the streets can be quite dirty and smelly at certain places.

Velvenie

wow!!! sound so interesting and my heart very very itchy now.:embarrassed: About 2 yrs never been there liao. Platinum Market very interesting wor... Now gonna stuck with my ds. Wanna go there shopping leh, but can't leave my ds in s'pore as i'm still bf him. Any breastfeeding mummy bring along their bb for holiday? Can share your experience?? :001_302:

prima

:Dancing_tongue:if you like to shop quality clothes.

pop over to Emporium Mall. there is a Zara shop which have better choice of clothes than here. I bought a lot from there and prices are comparatively cheaper too.

My dh had to stop me coz no more space in the luggage.

LWP6998

Alpha Male
Chatuchak - very big and very hot... very big pasar malam... opens on weekends... Sat and Sun..

Suam Lum - Very big pasar malam as well... so weekday no choice then go suam lum walk walk and makan... very big place to eat and live performance band daily i guess... but resist from buyin there cause not really cheap as compare when they just opened several years back. don't buy at all unless cannot resist. wait for chatuchak instead..

MahBoonKrong Shopping centre.. is a must.. Aircon...- so iguess they add in the price of the 'Aircon' to your products too... Good for shopping... walk till your leg ache.

Pratunam - plentiful of clothes... it's cheaper there... Lots of shops... baby clothes also a lot.

Platinium mall... - new addition - it's really a very big shopping mall... lot of stuffs too...

Chinatown weekend market too....

Spend like a 5 days 4 nights... after you come back to Singapore... you will abstain for Shopping for sometime... :tlaugh: