Bangkok

LWP6998

Alpha Male
Hi,
Choose a convenient hotel like patuwan princess or novatel so not much travel by taxi, if your girl tired and just walk back from shooping like mbk or paragon ..all are surounding.
Plantium mall must go early morning so not so crowed and less traffic.from what i saw there most of the things are in wholesale kids item not much lei.
China town (jawalug) got alot of nice things too.
Just came back last week , weather is super hot..

Sawatdee. Can i check with you... is the Chinatown you mentioning is the weekend market? cause the name Jawalug sounds familiar.

Charbabe

Hi all,

Im considering to bring my 2yo gal to bangkok with my hubby, mil & sil. But its e first time im bringing her on a plane...has anyone bring a toddler on plane to bangkok b4? Will it be v challenging to travel for e few hrs journey with a toddler at her age? Wad r e things to prepare? N also, in bangkok is there suitable food for her to eat? Is water clean to prepare milk? TIA for any valuable advices.

july-winter

Hi all,

Im considering to bring my 2yo gal to bangkok with my hubby, mother in law & sister In law. But its e first time im bringing her on a plane...has anyone bring a toddler on plane to bangkok before? Will it be very challenging to travel for e few hours journey with a toddler at her age? what are e things to prepare? N also, in bangkok is there suitable food for her to eat? Is water clean to prepare milk? TIA for any valuable advices.
Would recommend you bring along the bottled water that you can boil for your baby to use. I recalled using this method as my dear son was 2.5 your old then and he refused to eat anything except macdonald and milk for 3 days/2nights while there.

lawla12

Anyone knows which part of BKK sells Naraya stuffs ???
i heard BMK got...but me not very sure....when u going ???

i'm going in Dec (Xmas season)...got euff time to inform u when me back from the trip?

Naraya is available at the former World Trade Centre (opposite the Erawan Shrine). And i think i saw a Naraya outlet in some shopping malls in Singapore but can't remember where:)
Vivo...kekekekee~

i heard the price @ BKK is 1/2 price as compared to SG....

wah shopping in bangkok...i'm thinking of goin next your. But its my 1st time ther. any good hotels to recommand.
me staying at arnoma hotel.......

Check out the Naraya Branches here:

Thailand

If you are taking SQ to Bangkok, remember to bring your boarding pass slip to Naraya, they give discount to SQ passengers! I do not know at that time and miss out the discount!

If you are doing everything Free and Easy, you can book hotels from asiarooms, they have the best rates.

Australia hotels, Singapore hotels, Malaysia hotels, Thailand hotels, Japan hotels, bangkok hotel, cebu hotels, bangkok thailand hotels, Hoi An Hotels, Halong Hotels, Nha Trang Hotels

Bangkok traffic jam is most famous, very time consuming. So I would suggest you stay near the place you want to shop and you can walk everywhere you want.

understand from my colleagues tat they oso gif discount to tourists in those big shopping mall (like our DFS)...juz bring along ur passport...juz ask yaa..no harm asking rite...we'r tourist afterall .... :001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302:

skt

Bumping up this thread.

Other than the new mall Terminal 21, any other places selling baby stuff like clothes, milk pumps ?

Are those baby clothing at CTC in good quality? I heard we have to get good quality clothing to avoid rashes and uncomfort to the baby.

missgale

Bumping up this thread.

Other than the new mall Terminal 21, any other places selling baby stuff like clothes, milk pumps ?

Are those baby clothing at CTC in good quality? I heard we have to get good quality clothing to avoid rashes and uncomfort to the baby.
I've been to central world while 5 mths preggy to look for baby stuffs there. Generally, the baby clothes sold there are of good quality and nice design but not cheap! i've got a pair of very cute mittens and they are like 360 thb...but its super cute and i cant resist. They do sell milk pumps etc. but some brands are not sold in sg so im not sure if they are reliable.

If you want to have wholesale price, i recommend platinum fashion mall instead. They have a big area at level 4 (i think) dedicated to baby clothes only. CTC, IMO, nothing much.. quality so-so.

Anyone been to BKK with an infant? I am bringing my 11 mth old son this May and i'm feeling jittery:
1) i'm not sure how he will react on the plane. I'm thinking if he might scream n yell due to the change in air pressure.
2) Can i cook porridge for him there and this will mean i have to wake up earlier than the rest to esp cook his porridge (fyi, im going with a couple of frens)
3) i think and read that BKK is not baby friendly and no nursing rooms (other than the big malls like siam paragon). SO how am i going to change my baby nappy??!! if i am at eg. pratunam/ platinum *pull hair* I dont even want to think about bf-ing him... might have to just bf him in taxi or toilet or restaurant or public. i dunno. haha
4) Oh, is there even baby chair in foodcourts? eg. platinum? i know street food stalls confirm have no baby chairs...
5) i dont even want to think if we can survive the heat in CTC. He has eczema and sweats easily.
6) i have 1001 things to bring just for my baby.

As much worries as i have right now, i've already booked the tix and am going to face whatever challenges i'm going to have there. :D Will come bk and tell my story. lol

skt

missgale: thanks for replying!

by the way, I have just returned from BKK trip, yes it was hot but still bearable. Am glad I travelled with mum around, felt so pampered and well-taken care of.

Not much maternity clothes to buy from BKK, even from the popular malls. Only managed to grab a few pieces from the one and only shop selling maternity wear in Platinum Mall. Baby clothes and accessories are super cheap at Platinum Mall, I personall feel that is enough already, the prices and quality are worth stocking up. Forget about Chatuchak (JJ market), the baby clothes are not cute and variety was disappointing. Strollers are kinda ex in the malls which I've visited. I managed to buy a baby carrier at about SGD30+, no brand but so much cheaper than in SG.

I high recommend all mummies to go BKK for some baby shopping once a year, lotsa savings if we can buy airtix at promotional prices. :001_302: I managed to buy 2-way SQ at less than SGD300 including all the taxes, super good deal!