Before the big push

racheltan

Hi mummies, before we do the big push, we will be given some sort of liquid to pass motion right. Just wondering is that liquid effective and how long does it take effect? Coz i have constipation all the time since pregnant so i'm afraid what if i still can't go toilet after taking the liquid.

eileenpxp

Hi mummies, before we do the big push, we will be given some sort of liquid to pass motion right. Just wondering is that liquid effective and how long does it take effect? Coz i have constipation all the time since pregnant so i'm afraid what if i still can't go toilet after taking the liquid.
super effective..nurse will advise u to tahan at least 5 min prior to letting it out...if can tahan longer..better...as tummy will be `` cleaner''...my experiences (2 pregnancies): highest record is only 9 min

not all hospitals will give you that, but it usually kicks in pretty quick if you do recieve it,
If you go into labour naturally your bowels usually clear themselves, which can be a sign of labour, so I really would not worry about constipation when its time.

hakisumi

dun worry, i also have constipation prob..i wish they kinda of sell it outside..hahaha
i tolerate 5mins... hahahaa.. the clock is like ticking away~~~~

pinksnow8

Outside pharmacy also got sell, i think is fleet enema or something like that. It is for serious constipation.

dont worry, i also have constipation prob..i wish they kinda of sell it outside..hahaha
i tolerate 5mins... hahahaa.. the clock is like ticking away~~~~

karoru

i was in fact waiting for that but it was not given to me during my labour in kkh.... coz i was also having constipation and hope to use this chance to clear my bowels once and for all... lol

Queenbabe

How come i never try such thing before? For both my delivery they never give me those liquid stuff at all...... :eek:

This liquid is called an Enema.

I suppose some OBs will order an Enema to avoid having the patient empty their bowels during the actual pushing.But you must note that after that, you can't eat anything.

CanCanMum

How come i never try such thing before? For both my delivery they never give me those liquid stuff at all...... :eek:
mee too~~~

they only asked me whenz the last time i passed motion

btw = i passed my first motion on the sixth day after delivery~~~simply too scared to try :p

izanyzam

Last week saturday nite i was hopsitalised for observation due to my high blood and swollen feet..While i was in the observation ward,i overheard this lady getting the liquid inserted into her by the nurse...The nurse told her its better to tahan for at least 5mins before clearing her bowels..But i think a few seconds after she got it..I heard her getting up and going to the toilet...The sounds that she made were reallyyyyyyyy "interesting"...But i guessed she felt relieved after that..!! :001_302:

hakisumi

btw = i passed my first motion on the sixth day after delivery~~~simply too scared to try :p
me too.. i am so scared.. den no choice.. on the 6th day.. i also try sit and -pei yang- the mood.. while.. at the peak.. my bb cries for milk~!!!
made me mood sunk half..

CanCanMum

me too.. i am so scared.. then no choice.. on the 6th day.. i also try sit and -pei yang- the mood.. while.. at the peak.. my baby cries for milk~!!!
made me mood sunk half..
wahhahahahahh~~~~~~

me oso spent almost one hour, coz cannot Gek muz slowly let gravity pull it out :p

fiza

Last week saturday nite i was hopsitalised for observation due to my high blood and swollen feet..While i was in the observation ward,i overheard this lady getting the liquid inserted into her by the nurse...The nurse told her its better to tahan for at least 5mins before clearing her bowels..But i think a few seconds after she got it..I heard her getting up and going to the toilet...The sounds that she made were reallyyyyyyyy "interesting"...But i guessed she felt relieved after that..!! :001_302:
hey.. you were hospitalised? how are you now? better...?

tiziana

I was also not given any liquid to pass motion before delivery but i passed alot out at home before admitting to hospital for delivery. lol.

So it's something good but seriously KKH service sucks. :tno:

izanyzam

hey.. you were hospitalised? how are you now? better...?
Hi fiza...Yup im ok now...My gynae has put me on hospitalisation leave for the past 2 weeks and will be on it till the day i deliver...Seems like bedrest is best for me and my baby ..Maybe the sight of my boss at work makes my blood pressure go up la :err:...So im resting at home...Getting all my baby's stuff ready...Thanks for asking babe..!!!