Benefits for SAF men buying a flat?

Elicia

Hi, I am a divorcee and have 2 kids. I had applied a 4rooms balance flat @ SK in Sept with my fiance, he is a signed on SAF man so I wondered if there will be any further discount/benefits if we got the balance flat or buying a resale flat? Or any better chances in balloting?

Ohh.. forget to say that we are grp in second timer as i got a 3room flat as a sole owner of my own.

As I know the chances for a second timer will be lower, i am thinking if we still cannot get the new flat before we married end of next year, we will consider buying a 4room resale flat. But it is so much expensive!!!

Any advise???

tinkerball

Hi, I am a divorcee and have 2 kids. I had applied a 4rooms balance flat @ SK in Sept with my fiance, he is a signed on SAF man so I wondered if there will be any further discount/benefits if we got the balance flat or buying a resale flat? Or any better chances in balloting?

Ohh.. forget to say that we are grp in second timer as i got a 3room flat as a sole owner of my own.

As I know the chances for a second timer will be lower, i am thinking if we still cannot get the new flat before we married end of next year, we will consider buying a 4room resale flat. But it is so much expensive!!!

Any advise???
definitely no special privileges even if ur fiance is a signed-on SAF. everyone gets equal chances and since u are 2nd timer it'll be even tough for u to get a flat unless ur lady luck is really smiling on u. 95% of flats are allocated to first timers while the balance 5% will be left for 2nd timers. so u can count the number of flats available, probably only tens of it against the number of 2nd timer applicants. it may take u years. yep resale is expensive but there is not much other options unless u wait for 1 or 2 years.. hopefully property have cooled off. even i failed a many times for balloting though im a 1st timer that i turn to open market after a 2 years of unsuccessful ballotings from hdb. lady luck refuse to even look at me worr:tlaugh:thats why either didnt get good queue numbers or any queue numbers at all.

Elicia

definitely no special privileges even if your fiance is a signed-on SAF. everyone gets equal chances and since you are 2nd timer it'll be even tough for you to get a flat unless your lady luck is really smiling on you. 95% of flats are allocated to first timers while the balance 5% will be left for 2nd timers. so you can count the number of flats available, probably only tens of it against the number of 2nd timer applicants. it may take you years. yep resale is expensive but there is not much other options unless you wait for 1 or 2 years.. hopefully property have cooled off. even i failed a many times for balloting though im a 1st timer that i turn to open market after a 2 years of unsuccessful ballotings from hdb. lady luck refuse to even look at me worr:tlaugh:thats why either didnt get good queue numbers or any queue numbers at all.
thats y.. i was thinking just now maybe i should change to buy a flat from the open market. my fiance can get another half housing grant somemore.

tinkerball

thats y.. i was thinking just now maybe i should change to buy a flat from the open market. my fiance can get another half housing grant somemore.
then u hav to set a side a some budget for the cov alone, at least 15k to 20k. its very very hard to find flat with low cov now. property agents advertises units with low cov. when called up to ask how much is it, they say 12-20k:err:. that is their definition of low cov. property prices is still high despites govt's measures to cool it down. will be a bit stressful for u. so gd luck!

stonston

In the past, when the downpayment is 20%, Civil Servants get a 'special deal' of only putting 10% downpayment instead.
However, after they revised the downpayment to 10%, nothing special for CS.

Actually prices in open market starting to go down already.
My friend just managed to get an EA (quite new unit) with only 10k COV and they need not do any reno at all (comes with designer reno already). I think it's a steal considering that they save on the reno which can be around 30 - 70k for such a big unit.

Gem2505

i am a first timer n failed 8 times over a period of about 2 years on all balloting. simply no luck. been trying to look around for 2nd hand flats but i dunno why all the flat i went, all COV v high one leh. the ones my fren found all lower than 15K. LOL. even finding a cheaper 2nd hand flat i also dont have luck. -_-"

my next balloting results im going to get is the balanced flat units which will be out next month. hopefully baby luck will bring us good news. at least balanced flat we dont have to wait for too long to move in. im going to deliver in Feb next year. just nice when all paper work done, think i deliver already and ready to start renovation. keeping my finger cross now.

good luck on finding your love nest! ;)