Best time to stop bottle & milk

CanCanMum

may i know why do u need to stop them from drinking milk?

coz if they wan its best to continue throughout....

if u r thinking of supplementing cows milk to formula milk den about 4 years old is fine but always give them the full cream version.

for me i would want him to continue forever, coz milk has calcium and other nutrients which is good for them to grow.

well, so far my boy still insists on drinking from his milk bottle....experts suggested to wean off milk bottle once they learnt how to sip from a cup....but mine still wants his milk bottle leh....

Catty

Maybe just let the child decide themself, my 1st DD stopped milk and bottle at around age 1+ ! :eek:

My 2nd DD now still drinking milk but not much cos most of the time is i and my MIL force her to drink, furthermore she don't like to drink milk from bottle so no choice got to use the bottle cum a straw to feed her mouth by mouth till she finish.. *faint* :we2Randy-git:

BudgetMum

my DD (7yr+) & DS (1.5yr+) is still drinking milk from bottles

will try to control he use of bottle when they r around 5yrs

i think its alright 4 them to drnik from bottle so long they r not totally dependent on it!

but thru most parents' experiece, once u stop bottle feeding, the milk feeding will cut drastically (somethimes to total cut!)

i think milk is a very important source of nutrients & i will not stop them unless they r allergic to it

BudgetMum

to add my DS only drink once a day that's the 1st thing for when she wakes up -- like a drug to perk her up for the day!

but she does survive w/o it when she stays over at relatives' place or holiday camps etc... guess she jus wanna still b a mummy's bb ;p

wenz

i think its ok to stop ur toddler from bottle when he goes to primary school but not for Milk, my son is turning 9 next yr and is still drinking formula milk day and nite, this helps him to grow better... i think milk can drink as long as they want so better dun stop milk...
=)

CanCanMum

yep, in tv shows the children always wake up and eat bread with a glass of milk too....

barney oso sings....."peanut butter bread with a glass of milk.....~da~da"

Catty

yep, in tv shows the children always wake up and eat bread with a glass of milk too....

barney oso sings....."peanut butter bread with a glass of milk.....~da~da"
Wow! U really a "Can! Can! Mum" leh.. hehe.. :wong29:

Next time must need ur help me to get Barney song lyrics liao.. :Dancing_tongue:

Lotus

I stopped dd at 9 months and ds at 15 months from using bottles and moved them to sippy cups. My daughter was never bottle fed even with bm so she was easier to transition. My son loved his bottles, in the end I showed him me throwing them away in the bin and gave him the sippy cup. My reasons for moving away from bottles to sippy cups is to avoid tooth decay as this was recommended by PD and dentist.

I also switched my children to full cream milk at 12 months which their PD is fine with. I still do use FM to ease such as when we're travelling or when my son is teething as he eats nothing.

CanCanMum

Wow! U really a "Can! Can! Mum" leh.. hehe.. :wong29:

Next time must need ur help me to get Barney song lyrics liao.. :Dancing_tongue:
ya lor coz watch barney with my son mah....until this song always linger.....

"wont u say u love~me~so~"

nasha

Hv been giving my kids Pediasure in bottle all along n recently since i stop the 2 elder ones from bottles, they seems to rather skip their milk most of the time. Tried giving them cows milk in cup, sometimes they ok, sometimes refused... How leh??

CanCanMum

my son also dislikes cows milk.

he is still drinking from milk bottle thou.....

maybe continue with bottles??? for me it doesnt really matter as long as he takes his nutrients and grows up healthy, but i make sure he brushes his teeth every night before bed.

wenz

my son loves cow's milk but my daughter cannot take cow's milk so she drinks soy milk... i also dun like cow's milk cos of the smell...