Bf n burping

velvetberry

Hi mummies, is it true tat bf babies do not nerd to b burped unless they have been screaming loudly before milk? Sorry, forgot this question in previous post. Gal was screaming so had to run.

3 month old w loads of saliva having lots of gas in tummy. Will gripe water help? Anyone tried using before? Can bf babies drink gripe water??

Thank you mummies. I love the people here. Always willing to help.. Cheers mummis!!!!

Hi mummies, is it true tat bf babies do not nerd to b burped unless they have been screaming loudly before milk? Sorry, forgot this question in previous post. Gal was screaming so had to run.

3 month old w loads of saliva having lots of gas in tummy. Will gripe water help? Anyone tried using before? Can bf babies drink gripe water??

Thank you mummies. I love the people here. Always willing to help.. Cheers mummis!!!!
Yes you can give gripe water. my gal also drools a lot. I give her using a spoon. Some mummies add to milk (EBM or FM).

candy_ian

sorry but mayb u wanna tell us how u know your baby has got alot of air in her tummy? she farts alot or she throws up milk after feed? if it's the latter then it mayb colic. if it's just farting alot then i think it's pretty normal. my son farted alot too when he was younger and what i did is to give him a massage + tummy every monrning n night which he will fart alot alot aftre that. i do not believe in giving gripe water if there is no precise need for it. my son was breastfed since birth and is still bfding.. i will still burp him after feed till he turned 4 months where he will just burp on his own. i avioded food that makes him gassy as well in the initial stage like chilli and cabbage. for drooling it mayb teething?

velvetberry

sorry but mayb u wanna tell us how u know your baby has got alot of air in her tummy? she farts alot or she throws up milk after feed? if it's the latter then it mayb colic. if it's just farting alot then i think it's pretty normal. my son farted alot too when he was younger and what i did is to give him a massage + tummy every monrning n night which he will fart alot alot aftre that. i do not believe in giving gripe water if there is no precise need for it. my son was breastfed since birth and is still bfding.. i will still burp him after feed till he turned 4 months where he will just burp on his own. i avioded food that makes him gassy as well in the initial stage like chilli and cabbage. for drooling it mayb teething?
she farts a lot n seems v uncomfortable.. i avoided all possible food, even dairy n milk... and she keeps waking up at night, then sometimes after struggling, i hear her fart, after wh she will scream n cry... i try tummy massage, bt no farts after that? tummy feels like drum though...

maichiang

you mean throwing up milk after feed is colic? hmmm..mi son seems to be throwin up milk afta feeds,but not those merlion type..he was hospitalised once cz of his bloated stomach,and xray showed a lot of gas in his stomach..and he farts a lot..so it means colic? i tot babies wid colic will cry nonstop??