Bird's Nest

fran

Wondering if you mummies take bird's nest before and after giving birth?

Is it ok to take daily? What are the benefits for mummy and baby for taking of bird's nest?

daberdew

I took before birth.... but not too much as advised...

In addition, must clean the bird nest properly if not baby will develop phlegm I heard..

badtzzz

i took b4 birth like once a mth..as too exp..hehehe...can take more frequently when during 3rd tris...

As for after birth, i took chicken essence n dom everyday...

evelyngan

I took before birth.... but not too much as advised...

In addition, must clean the bird nest properly if not baby will develop phlegm I heard..
Hi, I think it depends which grade of bird nest is bought. Some still come with fragments of feathers, which is really hard to clean. For higher grades of bird nest, the feathers are fully removed and bird nest can be cooked immediately after soaking bird nest. :)

trine

i have been eating it regularly during pregnancy.. like once or twice a week. my cousin told me her friend has been eating bird's nest once a week since baby and when he was a teenager he didn't have any pimples. i sort of believe it was the bird's nest's effect. maybe it's true.. my baby doesn't have any skin problems since birth...

sunburst

For both pregnancies, from 2nd trimester onwards I took biweekly, from 3rd trimester onwards I took once a week. I bought those dried ones that needs to be soaked & cleaned. After delivery, during confinement I took once a week but it is those bottled concentrate ones.

Usually those tt don't need much cleaning means it has been bleached a lot to dissolve the bits of fluff & dirt... Don't think it's good for bb as too much chemical has been used.

As for benefits, it is high in protein & supposedly good for skin.

minako85

Hi,

May I ask when u mummies take bird nest during pregnancy does it contain ginseng? Cuzi heard nt too much cuz will cause bleeding during delivery which makes me worried n I dun dare take .....

mishasha

I take bird's nest daily starting from 5 mth preggy. Initially I add rock sugar n dried longan. Now I am 1 mth before due. Just bird's nest without anything added so as to reduce sugar intake. Baby seems to grow much faster. I have no water retention n not that tired.

blsc78

Hi, I think it depends which grade of bird nest is bought. Some still come with fragments of feathers, which is really hard to clean. For higher grades of bird nest, the feathers are fully removed and bird nest can be cooked immediately after soaking bird nest. :)
I beg for differ. No matter how good the grades are, there are still bound to have feathers and particles left in the birdnest. The ones which are completely cleanse usually are the highly chemical process/bleach which will lose its nutritious value along the process.

evelyngan

I beg for differ. No matter how good the grades are, there are still bound to have feathers and particles left in the birdnest. The ones which are completely cleanse usually are the highly chemical process/bleach which will lose its nutritious value along the process.
Yes, I agree with you :) my bad..I meant it to be like there would be very much less feathers compared to the lower grade..thanks for the clarification :)

maneo0302

Hi mummies. I have been taking birdnest ever since I'm 12 weeks. I took it once a week. Bottled types and home-cooked once (with ginseng). Any advise on whether its ok?

het

Ive been trying to read up recently the related benefits of pregnant mother drinking bird's nest and till now, I cant find any strong conclusive relations. And from a number of local forums i surfed, many recent mothers take birdnest mainly bcos of hearsay benefits (especially from their own mothers / elders) w/o seeing the real benefit of consuming it....or at least they will try to link the 'results' to the proclaimed 'benefits'.

Many of the published 'benefits' I found are from website selling......well, ....Birdnest !! so, short of the fact that its a very nice drink (tat, i have to admit but at the same time, super expensive), I'm that close to label it as an over-rated tonic (bcos its very much made up of collagen + some vits + protein - and I know i will be blasted with hard-core birdnest fans). Fact is, with ample variety of affordable alternatives like processed collagen (powder / liquid) and multi-vitamins pills and such, can anyone pls educate me the real benefit birdnest? Do note that processed collagen only became popular locally in the recent years and our mothers and their generations alike and before do not have the benefit of such technology / product during their time. Birdnest was somewhat the only main known source of collagen ?? (I stand corrected on this statement)

My wife is currently heavily pregnant and both my mom and her mom bought her birdnest.....she is infact the one that points out to me birdnest as being over-rated !! She is consuming them ofcourse (who wouldnt !!) but I just want to know more, hence this post.....tks in advance

maneo0302

Hi het. I heard that if you consume birdnest once a week, your baby will come out with very rosy cheeks. Beautiful skin. So I will be taking it often. My hubby is nice to buy me when I drink finish too.

het

Hi het. I heard that if you consume birdnest once a week, your baby will come out with very rosy cheeks. Beautiful skin. So I will be taking it often. My hubby is nice to buy me when I drink finish too.

Hi, tks for your reply but as mentioned, those are really the effect of collagen and there are many brands of collagen available in the current market e.g. Fancl, Meiji etc etc in pills, powder, liquid form. Question then is, do we really need birdnest as they are so overpriced as compared to these alternatives ??

pehong

Please cook yrself instead of buy the instant type which is not so effective i head.The bird nest is lesser.

evimt30

Ive been trying to read up recently the related benefits of pregnant mother drinking bird's nest and till now, I cant find any strong conclusive relations. And from a number of local forums i surfed, many recent mothers take birdnest mainly bcos of hearsay benefits (especially from their own mothers / elders) w/o seeing the real benefit of consuming it....or at least they will try to link the 'results' to the proclaimed 'benefits'.

Many of the published 'benefits' I found are from website selling......well, ....Birdnest !! so, short of the fact that its a very nice drink (tat, i have to admit but at the same time, super expensive), I'm that close to label it as an over-rated tonic (bcos its very much made up of collagen + some vits + protein - and I know i will be blasted with hard-core birdnest fans). Fact is, with ample variety of affordable alternatives like processed collagen (powder / liquid) and multi-vitamins pills and such, can anyone pls educate me the real benefit birdnest? Do note that processed collagen only became popular locally in the recent years and our mothers and their generations alike and before do not have the benefit of such technology / product during their time. Birdnest was somewhat the only main known source of collagen ?? (I stand corrected on this statement)

My wife is currently heavily pregnant and both my mom and her mom bought her birdnest.....she is infact the one that points out to me birdnest as being over-rated !! She is consuming them ofcourse (who wouldnt !!) but I just want to know more, hence this post.....tks in advance

Bird's nest is a natural products. it does not contain chemical or other substance that can show the results immediately.
we know anything that is natural will take longer time to see the effect. even health supplement also does not take immediate effect to show the results. it's a long term process. maybe to some people it shows immediate effect and to some people it does not show any results.
anything that is natural, the cost will be expensive. it's the same as organic food. isn't organic food expensive??
bird's nest is the same..
the process of this birds nest until the end product where the feather has been removed and so on.. it's a long process.

maneo0302

Bird's nest is a natural products. it does not contain chemical or other substance that can show the results immediately.
we know anything that is natural will take longer time to see the effect. even health supplement also does not take immediate effect to show the results. it's a long term process. maybe to some people it shows immediate effect and to some people it does not show any results.
anything that is natural, the cost will be expensive. it's the same as organic food. isn't organic food expensive??
bird's nest is the same..
the process of this birds nest until the end product where the feather has been removed and so on.. it's a long process.
I will still eat birdnest even if it does not benefit my baby. Its nice to eat though. And when will your parents or your hubby spend birdnest on you? It will be only when you're pregnant! birdnest is good for my skin too. Best if it benefits my baby.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Why should we take bird nest instead of cheaper collegen supplement like meiji?

* So, why should we use chicken bones instead of chicken stock when brewing soup?
It's more nutritious, no preservative, no additives, no dyes, no colouring etc! Better!

Why should we take cave bird nest instead of house bird nest?

*So, why we prefer kampong chicken instead of farm chicken?
The more natural, the better! ;)

Different from house swiftlets, our caves environment is definitely bigger, more condusive, and natural then man-made environment. There is lesser/no air pollution, lesser/no noise pollution, swiflets dont't drink water from dirty drains... Their living environment is better.

Our swiftlets stay here

We harvest bird’s nests under the supervision of the company’s experts in collaboration with the government officials. The company does not focus only on collecting bird’s nests but also devotes itself to conducting research on living, reproducing and appropriate environment of the swiftlets.