Birthday cakes

Ting

thanks for the links!
i hv been checking out a few websites alr..
hv seen many with very nice designs, but not sure if they taste as good.
so far PG is the one which hv very good reviews on their yummy cakes.

stonston

Ting, Pine Gardens is good choice. I order from them every year, really no regrets. Very reliable also. Their delivery service was fantastic (the man helped us to clear the fridge at the chalet so that he could put the cake in there).

If you have a design in mind, print the pictures & show them. They'll be able to replicate.

My boy really loved his cakes this year (he had 2 - one in school and another at his birthday party).

I think for next yr we'll have a party at home instead. My mum can't go chalet cos she's going for knee operation.

autumn82

Ting, Pine Gardens is good choice. I order from them every year, really no regrets. Very reliable also. Their delivery service was fantastic (the man helped us to clear the fridge at the chalet so that he could put the cake in there).

If you have a design in mind, print the pictures & show them. They'll be able to replicate.

My boy really loved his cakes this year (he had 2 - one in school and another at his birthday party).

I think for next your we'll have a party at home instead. My mum can't go chalet cos she's going for knee operation.
I agree with stonston. I really REGRETTED ordering from Bengawan Solo this year!!! Grrr.. No choice coz Belle likes Winx Club.. :embarrassed:

faith

Hi,

Juz wana chk wif those tt has ordered their cakes fm pine gardens, does their cakes comes with no preservatives and arificial colorings? Are their cakes sweet? Is it suitable for 1yr old child to eat? Read fm the other thread tt pine gardens svc was nt tt good, is it true? Can anybody comment? Thks!

autumn82

Hi,

just want to chk with those that has ordered their cakes fm pine gardens, does their cakes comes with no preservatives and arificial colorings? Are their cakes sweet? Is it suitable for 1yr old child to eat? Read fm the other thread that pine gardens svc was not that good, is it true? Can anybody comment? Thks!
:err: I ordered from PG for Iggy's 1st bdae. I think they have some colouring so that the cream will have colours. The cakes are not very sweet, so should be suitable for one year old. Besides, I don't think 1 year old will take alot of it, so alittle shouldn't be a problem. :)

But do take note that some of their cakes contains liquor. Yes, service is not fantastic & they are really bz but overall, not that bad for my encounter. :)

faith

:err: I ordered from PG for Iggy's 1st bdae. I think they have some colouring so that the cream will have colours. The cakes are not very sweet, so should be suitable for one year old. Besides, I dont't think 1 year old will take alot of it, so alittle shouldn't be a problem. :)

But do take note that some of their cakes contains liquor. Yes, service is not fantastic & they are really bz but overall, not that bad for my encounter. :)
Hi autumn82,

Thks for sharing. Anybody else has experience on other cake shops which provides preservatives free and no artificial colourings for their cakes? Nice 3D cakes to recommend? Dun mind sharing..Thks!

Ting

i think if u want a nice 3D cake with colours, most ppl hv to add colouring.
i doubt u will easily (though not impossible) find one baker tt uses no artificial colouring, no preservatives, n can make a very nice 3D cake.
but if u do, dun forget to recommend n share with everyone.

as of the service, yeah its not lousy to the extent that u cant purchase from them.
probably they r quite busy (each time i went down there will be at least 2-3 person ordeing cakes n some ppl buying stuffs from them).
its a very old sch bakery, n those "old" workers (aunties), so cant expect 100% gd cust serv.

mummy88

i think if you want a nice 3D cake with colours, most ppl have to add colouring.
i doubt you will easily (though not impossible) find one baker that uses no artificial colouring, no preservatives, n can make a very nice 3D cake.
but if you do, dont forget to recommend n share with everyone.

as of the service, yeah its not lousy to the extent that you cant purchase from them.
probably they r quite busy (each time i went down there will be at least 2-3 person ordeing cakes n some ppl buying stuffs from them).
its a very old sch bakery, n those "old" workers (aunties), so cant expect 100% good cust serv.

True . I order son's 1st bdae cake there .. I must say the designs were damn great .. It looks so lovely that you can't even bear to eat it up .. Thumbs up for designs .. Taste wise I've gt feedbacks from guests they weren't too sweet and they quite like it .. But they hav a few flavours to choose from ..

Afterall, they're still cakes and taste wise quite ordinary, I personally find . Nt that too much of alchohol , only faint taste ..

Hi, 3D cake is always nice to look at however sure to have wastage..as the dough part cannot be eaten. 3D cake usually is at least 2kg...starting from $100 onwards... For my boy birthday i also done alot of searching for 3D cake...in the end ended up with ecreative..cake nice but mostly the fondue top for 3d cake is tend to be sweet. Heard that pine garden not bad so i went down to see their design of 3d cake...perhaps cake maybe very nice...don't seem to have any service & the catelog design still didn't really meet my expectation. Here are some of my findlings and friends recommendation to share.

Welcome to Creative Floral & Cake Design
Glad's passion: No 1 shaped
Cupcake Divinity.. Cupcakes fit for divines!: Orders OR Enquiries
Oven Creations: Birthday
another one i don't have the link...is bake by my friend's malay colleague's wife...very very nice cupcakes...will update once i got the link.

this link below...is posted by someone who indicate all the bakery with 3d cake.

Children's Birthday Cakes | KiasuParents.com

Last edited:

CarolOng

Used PG for my girl's 1st birthday in May.

Customer svc was gd & a wide selection of design to chose from. Taste was gd & all guests commented that it was delicious. abit too sweet for me thou.

One bad experience was that they called us on the day itself, that they've added real strawberry to the top of the cake. It was supposed to be blank on the top. & y do they add & inform. If they call to ask if it's ok to add, i've nothing to say. but add liao then inform us, what can we say right?

Here's a pic of the cake. the real strawberry was so bright that it totally contrast with the soft colour of the cake =(

Attachments

Used PG for my girl's 1st birthday in May.

Customer svc was good & a wide selection of design to chose from. Taste was good & all guests commented that it was delicious. abit too sweet for me thou.

One bad experience was that they called us on the day itself, that they've added real strawberry to the top of the cake. It was supposed to be blank on the top. & y do they add & inform. If they call to ask if it's ok to add, i've nothing to say. but add then inform us, what can we say right?

Here's a pic of the cake. the real strawberry was so bright that it totally contrast with the soft colour of the cake =(
Ya you are right, the color of the strawberry looks bright and doesn't blend with the original design... ur original design to keep it plain is better.

My baby birthday cake to share:

Last edited:

oigawa

I think that shld be the way.

My boy's birthday in Jan. But i cant find any baker avilable on that day.
So stress now.

You can try the following links:

Cake Avenue- Singapore Chocolate / Cheese / Birthday / Wedding cake bakery
Pink Ginger by Nee
My Creation
Glad's passion
Multiply

the cakes are pretty nice.
I had the same problem, wanted fondant but so fully booked and pricey. I finally found a 2 tier for my boy. Much cheaper and yummy. I think I paid $180 and they gave my boy free balloons!

I think that shld be the way.

My boy's birthday in Jan. But i cant find any baker avilable on that day.
So stress now.

You can try the following links:

Cake Avenue- Singapore Chocolate / Cheese / Birthday / Wedding cake bakery
Pink Ginger by Nee
My Creation
Glad's passion
Multiply

the cakes are pretty nice.
I had the same problem, wanted fondant but so fully booked and pricey. I finally found a 2 tier for my boy. Much cheaper and yummy. I think I paid $180 and they gave my boy free balloons!
Hi, where did u finally get the cake?