Bleeding Nose?

lisali

My nose has been bleeding on a daily basis ever since I was preg (I'm into my 27th wk now).

Hv asked my gynae previously but he said it's due to dry/cold a/c in the office and home.

Wonder if such nose bleeding is common as it really irritates me when each tissue I use is stained?!

CanCanMum

its common because our body changes during pregnancy...everything goes 'haywire'....which oso explains why sometimes we hated a particular smell...or we have stuck nose....etc and etc, all kinds of nasal problems.

here is a list for u:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How to prevent nose bleeds[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Avoid drying medications like nasal sprays and decongestants. You should consult your doctor about any medications that you take during your pregnancy.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Avoid being around smoke or heavy perfumes that might irritate your nose.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Use a humidifier. Humidifiers help to keep the air in the room moist. This can help to clear up congestion and keep your nasal passages from drying out.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If your nose feels congested, don’t pick your nose or blow your nose forcefully. Try taking a steamy shower to loosen up the congestion or rinsing your nose with saline drops. (Do not use medicated drops without consulting your doctor). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Keep yourself hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids to keep your membranes from drying out.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]extracted from Nose Bleeds During Pregnancy
[/FONT]

Jannah

I had light nosebleeds daily in my 2nd trimester even though I was never in A/C environment. It's common because pregnancy causes the blood vessels in your nose to expand, as what I found out from this article on BabyCenter. But for some reason my nosebleeds seem to have stopped recently, once I entered my 3rd tri. Don't be surprised if you get bleeding gums too; I have them almost daily up till now.

lisali

Thks to all for the advice... hopefully the bleeding will go off or be lesser once I move into 3rd tri.