blocked & stuffy nose.

My boy just recover from phelgm and flu (running nose and block nose).
So scary...as at nite keep crying as cannot breathe.. any good remedy?

apollo

My boy just recover from phelgm and flu (running nose and block nose).
So scary...as at nite keep crying as cannot breathe.. any good remedy?
if his condition is so serious tt he cant even breathe well, i think better bring him to the doc again.

if his condition is so serious that he cant even breathe well, i think better bring him to the doc again.
bring le...just that...the doc say will take a few days to recover...and the few days everyone cannot sleep...as boy cry and cry during the nite.. off aircon...very hot...on aircon block nose...cannot sleep.

lushtear

My gal oso has a bout of runny nose a couple of days ago.. used sterimar (to wash her nose), a nasal aspirator to suck out her phlegm and used eucalyptus oil (one to two drops on a hanky to be place on her bed). She is now much better!

My gal also has a bout of runny nose a couple of days ago.. used sterimar (to wash her nose), a nasal aspirator to suck out her phlegm and used eucalyptus oil (one to two drops on a hanky to be place on her bed). She is now much better!
how to wash the nose? my boy don't even let me touch his nose...think too painful from all the cleaning of mucous that flow out

apollo

bring ...just that...the doc say will take a few days to recover...and the few days everyone cannot sleep...as boy cry and cry during the nite.. off aircon...very hot...on aircon block nose...cannot sleep.
dun on the AC. though is hot but no choice. when ds was having flu, we dun on the AC. if is too hot, we will on for 2 hrs b4 slp and off it aft the room is cool.

dont on the AC. though is hot but no choice. when dear son was having flu, we dont on the AC. if is too hot, we will on for 2 hours before sleep and off it after the room is cool.
thanks...but don't know how many times i need to wake up and cool the room then.

apollo

thanks...but dont't know how many times i need to wake up and cool the room then.
what we did was, on 2 fans, one of the fans blast on ds cos he is v scare of hotness too. cos AC really CMI if one is having runny nose, eesp when he cant even brethe well lik what u said.

stonston

Eucalyptus oil is very effective.

When my boy gets blocked nose, we will rub Eagle Brand Eucalyptus oil on his chest and back.
When I get blocked nose, my hubs will drip some eucalyptus oil at the aircon (cos I hate the spicy feeling on my skin).

Works very well to allow us to breathe better when we sleep. The Eagle brand eucalyptus oil has a baby version in a pink circular bottle, not so spicy when applied on baby :)

Eucalyptus oil is very effective.

When my boy gets blocked nose, we will rub Eagle Brand Eucalyptus oil on his chest and back.
When I get blocked nose, my hubs will drip some eucalyptus oil at the aircon (cos I hate the spicy feeling on my skin).

Works very well to allow us to breathe better when we sleep. The Eagle brand eucalyptus oil has a baby version in a pink circular bottle, not so spicy when applied on baby :)
Will go get one bottle just in case. the smell of Eucalyptus quite strong right? will it affect the baby or not.

apollo

Will go get one bottle just in case. the smell of Eucalyptus quite strong right? will it affect the baby or not.
u dun put too much.. actu i put 1-2 drops into the purifier.. it not only helps in breathing, also can remove odour smell..

alternatively, u can use kervol, it is safe for babies. i put it into purifier whenever ds has runny nose. =)

you dont put too much.. actually i put 1-2 drops into the purifier.. it not only helps in breathing, also can remove odour smell..

alternatively, you can use kervol, it is safe for babies. i put it into purifier whenever dear son has runny nose. =)
Actually if you use the eagle brand one still ok. Not very strong :)
I bought the olbas oil brand..don't know good or not.
Wow good idea..to put in the purifier...so clever. Thanks man.

Ting

for me i rub cherry chest rub on pin's back n chest n also on the soles of her feet n then cover with socks. her nose gets better after a night's slp. :)

for me i rub cherry chest rub on pin's back n chest n also on the soles of her feet n then cover with socks. her nose gets better after a night's sleep. :)
Wear socks can help ah? mine sleep till morning ok..then after a while...start runnning nose again...then after a week of medicine intake..now ok liao..but boy thin liao...lost all the baby fats..

Ting

for me it helps. :) but everyone is diff.well, no harm trying, even my mum uses this method after she sees me doing it for pin. LOL.
dun wry, they r bound to lose weight (n fats) when they fall sick, but they will regain in quickly too.
when pin had HFMD, she lost a couple of kgs, but after she recovered, she gained them all back within 2 weeks. haha!

for me it helps. :) but everyone is diff.well, no harm trying, even my mum uses this method after she sees me doing it for pin. LOL.
dont wry, they r bound to lose weight (n fats) when they fall sick, but they will regain in quickly too.
when pin had HFMD, she lost a couple of kgs, but after she recovered, she gained them all back within 2 weeks. haha!
wow nowadays HFMD like so widespread and common...so scary.