Bowling for mummies to be. Can or Cannot?

adelynn

Can a mummy go for a bowling session especially in the first trimester???
Anyone can advise me on this?
I think best bet is to check with your gynae.

For me, during the 1st trimester i continued to play bowling, but with my 'lighter' balls and i don't exert whilst playing.

iwan2noe

I think better not cos sometime when we play might slip.
what if you accidentally fall??
just to be safe.
I agree with fioncess!
PLus bowling ball is not light.. Pregnant ladies should refrain from taking too heavy load.. pls bowling need u to swing with the ball..u do not know if when u r pregnant, the ball u r carrying excert how much strength and pressure on ur when u are posing to throw the bowl...

Pls be safe and check with ur gynae to be safest and than to be sorry...

Cheers!:wong19:

CanCanMum

its beta not to

coz may slip and fall (those floors are berri slippery)

and the ball is heavy

my arms always painful and suan from bowling...so i guess it exerts lots of strengthen unknowingly....

Cor

It is not advisable to bowl while preg coz there is little difference between carrying heavy things/ weights and bowling. Even worse if in 1st tri coz not past the danger period yet as preg is still very unstable.

You may end up over-exerting your back and dont't forget that especially during the last tri, your back will be supporting both your baby's weight and yours. So pls take care of your back otherwise it will not take care of you later on..

babytan

hahah me & hubby bowl like at least 2x per week....gave up bowling once i knew that i was pregnant...

not so safe in the sense that the womb is not so stable during your 1st trimester, so need to avoid carry heavy things (like the bowling ball)....

i only seen some played for a round or 2 in the early stage of 2nd trimester, as some said womb is stable now...but i didnt get the chance to as hubby dun allow... =(