Braces

jennii

So after 2 yrs, no need retainer alr?

still need.

as i mentioned, if 2 nights in a row never put, the 3rd night i put it on, it will be very tight.

also, u need to go back to the dentist regularly, same lah, twice a year, 2 check ur teeth and also adjust ur retainer wires.

which reminds me, my dental appt is due!!

jennii

How much did you spent? Ceramic?

Where?

i spent 4.5K for the basic package. juz be aware of hidden cost. like u need to buy special toothbrush to brush ur teeth. i got big gaps betweeen my teeth hence i need to buy intedental brushes as well. extracting teeth is additional cost. day surgery another cost (but some think can claim from medisave) then if u got fever after extracting, need antibiotics and antiseptic mouth wash etc etc etc.

it is normal wires. ceramic, i dun really advise, coz once u eat carrot or curry, will get stain one.. i dunnoe if its removable, u can ask. also, its much more expensive. smoremore if one of the ceramic drop and goes missing. buying tht additional one cost too!

my gf did it inside the teeth, meaning it is between the tongue and teeth. more expensive but i heard her tongue got blister initially.

mine is the normal traditional one, so, the cheek flesh got ulcers instead. but tht is only the intial stage. after1 mth or so, ur mouth will get used to the metal intruder.

i still remember i dun dare to smile widely for the first few months too!

well, hope the above infor prepares u for it.

oh ya, i did my braces at parkway parade. it is Dr Loh clinic something.

Mrs Xie

hmmm, not yet decide. im looking for not so exp, maybe will go rivervale plaza and ask. i also still thinking whether to do before or after my delivery??

how abt u, have u find?
Pls do your braces after your delivery for goodness sake!!! :001_302:

Pwiincess

Pls do your braces after your delivery for goodness sake!!! :001_302:
I also intended to do mine cos I have bunny teeths. Haha. Not nice. But I found out I preggie, thus plans postponed. Old people say cannot do during pregnancy, I rather believe than not to. =)

Mrs Xie

I also intended to do mine cos I have bunny teeths. Haha. Not nice. But I found out I preggie, thus plans postponed. Old people say cannot do during pregnancy, I rather believe than not to. =)
Bunny teeth is all right mah.... dun do braces lah.... only crooked teeth need to. Bunny teeth cute mah... :Dancing_wub:

jennii

hello Jane_Mummy

if you are preggie, i advise u not to do the braces, u would not be able to eat properly, n the bb need to survive more than porridge,milk and bananas.

if u need cheap one, go to hospital loh, but the quene is quite long.

stonston

my hb do braces onli $1.2k...his teeth is quite bad...had to pull out 4 teeth...

he do at NUH...he let those orthodontic students do...onli bad thing is tt appt is office hours onli...so he always gotta take time off or leave to go for appt....lucky his workplace can take time off, then another day jus stay longer to make up for e time...

but i find their service very good...plus cos they are graded based on how well they do ur teeth, i find tt they pay more attention to e details than private orthodontists...n a professor will come n check after every visit to make sure they do e right thing, so very very safe :)

btw, if u go to private orthodontist, no one will ask u to pay in full de...
standard practice is ard $600-1k deposit....then every visit pay $80-120....so it is something like installment also...by e time u remove ur braces, usualli already paid up e whole package de....