bread

snowbear

I started giving alicia bread at about 9mths coz she refused to eat her usual fare of porridge or cereal then. So I was desperate and tried bread and she loved it. But I gave wholemeal bread. It's better to give wholemeal bread than white bread.

annie

i give white bread but then i dun just give the bread. i use it to make french toast or sandwiches for my girl.. she started taking bread around 10mths i think..

stonston

I only introduced manufactured bread after 2yo. Reason being there's salt & sugar in bread, not to mention WHEAT & yeast. Also, they put alot of artificial stuff into it (bread conditioner, gluten relaxer, etc).

Some kids are allergic to wheat and/or yeast.

I made my own cakes/breads for my boy when he was around 10months old. Cut into small pieces for him to self-feed.

annie

not all bread outside includes salt n sugar.. i always buy those without salt. sugar most of them have but sugar isnt that bad for the bb's body right? i dun give her any sugar in the things i bake for her n of cos no salt at all but then for bread, i think a bit of sugar is unavoidable unless i wanna bake my own bread like stonston which i doubt i can! lol. no such talent.. hehe

stonston

For bread make from yeast, definitely need salt.

Sugar depends on you. I'm definitely against sugar for young children.

The important thing is that commercially baked bread has other chemicals that you do not even know of, are you willing to feed that to your baby?

Baking bread is not rocket science. If you are really clueless, just get a bread machine! It's as simple as pouring ingredients in, wait for it to mix & bake!

annie

so easy ? bread machine ex or not? dont know . the bread i bought, i always check the ingredient list. some got state salt some never. i buy those no salt listed . unless they never indicate..

i think .. impossible to eliminate all chemicals... can reduce then reduce .. but then.. many things sold in the market has a lot of chemicals that we dont know of.. very hard to totally eliminate . i dont give her organic food as well thus already alot of preservatives and chemicals? lol. i try my best to give her a healthy diet but then not to the extend of giving her totally organic food and all

sugar i always avoid. no matter wat i buy outside or wat i make i make sure no sugar. even in my baked goods i dun add sugar even if recipe requires. but then i cant seem to find bread without sugar n dun intend to self bake so... she dun take bread daily also. maybe 1-2 times a week. thus i guess that amt of sugar is still acceptable for me

Last edited: