breasfeeding in pain! please help

Mummy to Baby V

that will be, if you have enough ;)
sigh!
Human beings naturally have enough milk to feed their babies, by feeding on demand directly. Nature meant it this way. (Of cos, in today's world, many mums return to work after maternity leave, which could be an obstacle to extended breastfeeding.)

camom

that will be, if you have enough ;)
sigh!
I totally agree with Mummy to Baby Very on this. But again, the obstacles can be overcome, it all deprnds on the mommy :)

Milk works on a demand-supply kind of situation. if it is carefully maintained, bf beyond 2yo is achievable.

I have many frens who bf beyond 2yo, some are SAHMs but most of us are FTWMs.

Jiayou!

seraph

Human beings naturally have enough milk to feed their babies, by feeding on demand directly. Nature meant it this way. (Of cos, in today's world, many mums return to work after maternity leave, which could be an obstacle to extended breastfeeding.)
yes, when I was breast feeding, the biggest obstacle is to travel -- after 7~10days' travel, the milk just drop to half of normal quantity, so I have to drink lots of soups to make up and quickly bring up the productivity -- but it is still amazing to see 15~20 Liter frozen milk in luggage during airport check in -- very funny to see people's face when they know they are handling breast milk: they are more embarrassed than me-- the hotel guys also used to be very shy when have to collect milk from my room~~~:001_302::001_302::001_302:

godloved

My girl is approaching 1 year now, I have thought of intro-ing FM as I want to try for the second child but I failed and now still breastfeeding her. Simply pains me too much to see her cry. She has bitten me many times, which is also why I wanted to stop.

But I realised that the biting stops already. Although sometimes she will bite, I try not to react too "excitedly" I just off latch her and say "No, Mummy pain pain, no milk milk" if she latches back on normally, ok I allow her to continue. But if she bites again, I will stop her for a while.

I also look out for signs to prevent being bitten

Signs include:
Falling asleep
Boredom (can feel she is not really hungry but still latched on)
At the end of the feed

So with that I am proud to say I am probably leaving her to let me know when she is ready for a sibling or just simply to stop breast feeding her.

cmeilim

My girl is approaching 1 year now, I have thought of intro-ing FM as I want to try for the second child but I failed and now still breastfeeding her. Simply pains me too much to see her cry. She has bitten me many times, which is also why I wanted to stop.

But I realised that the biting stops already. Although sometimes she will bite, I try not to react too "excitedly" I just off latch her and say "No, Mummy pain pain, no milk milk" if she latches back on normally, ok I allow her to continue. But if she bites again, I will stop her for a while.

I also look out for signs to prevent being bitten

Signs include:
Falling asleep
Boredom (can feel she is not really hungry but still latched on)
At the end of the feed

So with that I am proud to say I am probably leaving her to let me know when she is ready for a sibling or just simply to stop breast feeding her.

bravo, godloved mummy! =>

godloved

Thanks cmeilim mummy :)
You have done 16 months..share your tips too :p

And to the rest of us who have persevered in the journey of breastfeeding, especially Honeylicious, *pat on back*

I believe we started breastfeeding for the benefit of our precious babies, so when the going gets tough, for me personally it helps when I ask myself why did I choose to do it and that gives me more than enough reason to carry on. :)

cmeilim

for me, seeing how my boy enjoys each nursing session and how he has grown bigger, strong and healthy on breastmilk keep me going. the fact that he has not complained abt the drastic drop in supply and change in taste of breastmilk due to my current pregnancy tell me that i hv no good reason to stop nursing him. =>

Thanks cmeilim mummy :)
You have done 16 months..share your tips too :p

And to the rest of us who have persevered in the journey of breastfeeding, especially Honeylicious, *pat on back*

I believe we started breastfeeding for the benefit of our precious babies, so when the going gets tough, for me personally it helps when I ask myself why did I choose to do it and that gives me more than enough reason to carry on. :)
thanks for the kind words godloved, it encourage me more to persevere.. and i read your previous post.. just like you i've been trying for 2nd baby eversince my boy reaches 6months.. but no luck cos period not here until this month!! but i still have no intention to wean my boy.. i will breastfeed him until i'm pregnant with 2nd one and he will wean off naturally..

also just to update.. my boy has stopped hurting me.. now when i think back i think my boy gnaws on me when he was growing his upper teeth.. now the 2 teeth is fully grown.. for the past 1week my wound healed and i'm happily breastfeeding again.. though occasionally he still bites.. but no more open wounds :001_302:

godloved

Glad that everything is looking great again. Let's carry on this bf-ing journey together with other mummies here and all our little precious ones :)

joeybeadz

sigh.. I think my pumping journey is about to end soon... low supply...haiz...i wonder if I dont pump, will I still have at night for her to latch?

Mummy to Baby V

sigh.. I think my pumping journey is about to end soon... low supply...sigh...i wonder if I dont pump, will I still have at night for her to latch?
When my boy was 14 months old, I started weaning him off day feeds. He continued latching on to feed at night for 4 more months until he self-weaned. I believe that supply will meet demand, as long as baby is latched on properly. :) Jia you!

joeybeadz

When my boy was 14 months old, I started weaning him off day feeds. He continued latching on to feed at night for 4 more months until he self-weaned. I believe that supply will meet demand, as long as baby is latched on properly. :) Jia you!
for me i weaned day feed when I have to go back and work...night time will be a challenge cos she wants before bedtime.. hee.. well, i find it bonding and I began to feel a lost if I dont have this.. haa... i guess the mum also has to wean off too.. hee

Mummy to Baby V

for me i weaned day feed when I have to go back and work...night time will be a challenge cos she wants before bedtime.. hee.. well, i find it bonding and I began to feel a lost if I dont have this.. haa... i guess the mum also has to wean off too.. hee
Absolutely! Weaning should be done only when both mummy and baby are ready. :)