Breast & Bra

Yuki Miaka

Helo all.....

In the first trimester...is it normal if the breast size is expanding....? then in the later part of pregnancy.. will it expanding more ?? and what about after giving birth?

Mine is becoming bigger and fimer... especially in the middle of sleep or early in the morning when i get up from my bed, i will feel a slight pain because it;s like very firm & hard... and it's very sensitive to touch...

I am very choosy about bra usually i will spend months shopping just to get a bra i like ... but now i find that all my bra getting tighter... maybe another few months later.. all my bra can not wear anymore...

Anyone know any good bra shop or any good support bra that can give a good shape? I used to go Ero lingerie shop but seem like the branches are closing one by one in singapore....

Thanks

SH74

it's normal. aft birth, also might expand. but also depends on individual n depends on whether u r bf or not.

for me, i use bra extensions (which i bought fr john little marina sq, can find at the counter).

only recently (6 months aft delivery) then i buy new bras.

i wear nursing bras whenever i'm home. n padded ones (w/o wires) when i'm out. i get nursing bras fr giant. cheap cheap. the rest at those normal lingerie sections (in JL or taka).

1568mummy

Ya, so true, sometimes it expands so much 'suddenly' you end up having stretch marks...be it before or after birth..

Try to go to shops that are specialize in maternity wear, sometimes they do have the right solution for 'this period' of motherhood.

And its very likely that after this period, you may need to discard the 'special' bra away because it would be way too big for the breast...*laugh* like mine.

I try to sleep sideways too, to prevent the weight of the 'rocks' from disturbing my sleep...*wink*

Yuki Miaka

haha i see i see... a bit scary... before i am pregnant, i am already buying bra that is D,E, F cup depend on cutting & design... i am really scare if it keep expanding, then i may have to buy those really gigiantic one haiz. very ugly...:(

i will go shop shop @ giant & JL to find out more about the nursing bra & the bra extension

Thanks for the suggestion.

1568mummy

haha i see i see... a bit scary... before i am pregnant, i am already buying bra that is D,E, F cup depend on cutting & design... i am really scare if it keep expanding, then i may have to buy those really gigiantic one haiz. very ugly...:(

i will go shop shop @ giant & JL to find out more about the nursing bra & the bra extension

Thanks for the suggestion.
*laugh* happy shopping! but if you intend to have more kids in future, please don't throw away what you have bought now hor? I kept mine and use them again for my second child, until I was very sure that I want to close-down my factory, then I threw them away....*laugh*

serenelm

i bought my bra extension at one of the maternity shops at paragon at $4.90... then later i saw them selling at a lower price at JL orchard... but hor, subsequently i saw them retailing at $1!!!! at CK shop at chongpang, yishun... guess the prices really differ from place to place...

Yuki Miaka

*laugh* happy shopping! but if you intend to have more kids in future, please don't throw away what you have bought now hor? I kept mine and use them again for my second child, until I was very sure that I want to close-down my factory, then I threw them away....*laugh*

hahaha ya...i willkeeep fornext use.. hubby wan 2kids.... so after this first one... my factory is open for another mass production.. lol.

Yuki Miaka

i bought my bra extension at one of the maternity shops at paragon at $4.90... then later i saw them selling at a lower price at JL orchard... but hor, subsequently i saw them retailing at $1!!!! at CK shop at chongpang, yishun... guess the prices really differ from place to place...

i will go chongpang see... my place is at woodland, so i seldom go town area

CanCanMum

i used bra extension during and throughout pregnancy.

but after pregnancy altho can take out bra extension but the cup size becomes too small and not enuff to cover...kekeke...

so i wd say after yr pregnancy definitely cannot wear back pre-preg bras, coz bra cup size will be bigger, but the length remains the same. Which means if pre-preg 34B, preg time 36-38B, after preg will be 34C/D...see the diff?

mine was bigger by 2 cup size, so now all new bras.

so u can take this opportunity to change yr bra collections....hahaz

Pwiincess

Wah piangs! LOLs! Mine got bigger during pregnacy. Even bigger when I delivered. But once I stop breastfeeding and went on strict diet, they SHRUNK!! =( sobs.. On the other hand, I lost a good amount of fats! Haha.

1568mummy

Pwiincess,

did you do anything to help it 'grow' back to the size before pregnant? or it did shrunk back to the size before you got pregnant?

hey ladies, this is something that I want as FEW people to know as possible, but it has been bugging me for 3 years now...and now that we are in this topic... maybe its the RIGHT time for me to seek help...

IF YOU HAVE TIPS...COULD YOU PLEASE SHARE?

I used to be between A and B. If I buy A, its rather tight, but when I buy B, its a little empty...

when I was pregnant, it went to C. It maintained as C until I stop breastfeeding.... the beginning of my nightmare!

it shrunk!

IT SHRUNK TO smaller than A!!! Almost flat! HOW COME???!!! I don't know!

my confidence shrunk with it...I feel awful but my hubby is very encouraging, so I'm doing this NOT to please him, but myself....I hate it when people accidentally bump onto me, cos if they hit my front, they would 'know' that behind that bra is EMPTINESS! :embarrassed:

I had tried cream or special bra or exercises just to bring them back to where they were BEFORE pregnancy! but nothing works... I don't have the money to go to those beauty parlor like Slim Fit which promises to enlarge your breast without medication and injections...

though I'm all out to get my breast back, BUT I will NEVER take medications, cos' I have heard too many scaring stories of woman taking pills and ended up having MORE PROBLEMS with their health, kidney failure and what have you....

anyone out there can help me bring them back?

Yuki Miaka

That one i am not sure, my frns did ask me how i get a D/E cup, i also dun know.. my mother and her side are small small de... everyone in family small small de but i am the one who is big... i think this could be due to the food we eat ba...

I am not meat lover but the most meat i eat is chicken, but i know the chicken we take are injected with something to make them more fleshy... sometimes i was wondering maybe i eat too much chicken ... and i like instant noodle.. the onli instant noodle i eat is" indo mee" ... all the unheathy food.

I think you better look for a professional one for the suggestion. Jia you

sweet pea

its normal to see an expansion of your bra line and cup when you got pregnant..as your body is starting to generate milk for your baby. you can start to wear maternity bras with bra extensions and later to switch to nursing bras towards the end of your pregnancy. the bras are generally non-underwired and more comfortable than normal bras. after given birth, it's even more uncomfortable due to the engorgement of the breasts when sometimes it may lead to plugged milk ducts especially you have not nurse your baby in a long interval. i would recommend comfy and non-underwired nursing bra as underwired ones may cause constriction of milk ducts and it will lead to plugged milk ducts too. you will need to take some time to latch your baby on to relieve the plugged ducts..which is rather painful.