Breast Pump

M&M

Hi all, i was reading the breastfeeding phamplet from kkh and they mentioned that breast pump need to be sterilized before using. Can anyone tell me how to sterilize a breast pump?:err:

apollo

Hi all, i was reading the breastfeeding phamplet from kkh and they mentioned that breast pump need to be sterilized before using. Can anyone tell me how to sterilize a breast pump?:err:
i'm also curiou of hw to sterilise.. i think the best way is to use boiling water to sterilise lik what some ppl do for milk bottles when not using steriliser??

chelle

I bought the Avent Manual breast pump during the Taka baby fair.
Not sure if i have breast milk so do not want to invest too much on a pump.

Anway, read abt raves abt the Avent Manual pump on forums.
I bought the single pump set with bag and 3 bottles for ard $130

apollo

same as chelle, i also bought Avent manual pump... if i have more breast milk den will consider on a electric one... =D

M&M

ok. vroomvroomboys selling preloved AVENT pump. think i'll get from him if its still available. i also duno if i will have breast milk or not so dare not invest.

chelle

My fren who BF a year also use the Avent manual pump, she used 3 in total.
She say juz use and if wear-off, just buy a new one since is not expensive.

She said she prefer manual pump coz can easily pump when in public, no need electricity

apollo

heard tt manual pump is more gentle and wont cause much pain den electric one but hor will pump until hand sour leh... must get ur hubby to help sometimes.. LOL!

autumn82

heard tt manual pump is more gentle and wont cause much pain den electric one but hor will pump until hand sour leh... must get ur hubby to help sometimes.. LOL!
hahahaha! ya! heard that from my cousins also that manual pump can pump till hands very tired.
For my 1st kiddo, I bought the manual one. My hands were aching from it, that's y I gave up bfing. LOL.

2nd kiddo, I bought the electric one, super loved it! :) Not pain la.. :p

apollo

For my 1st kiddo, I bought the manual one. My hands were aching from it, that's y I gave up bfing. LOL.

2nd kiddo, I bought the electric one, super loved it! :) Not pain la.. :p
but heard tt electric one "suck" very strong leh... is tt true??

snowbear

i'm also curiou of hw to sterilise.. i think the best way is to use boiling water to sterilise lik what some ppl do for milk bottles when not using steriliser??
Wash the various parts of the pump that come into contact with the bm then place them in the steriliser together with the bottles. I used to use the Pigeon steriliser.

Pumping with an electrical pump shouldn't be very painful unless you pump for an extended period of time, or you used too great an intensity or the funnel is too small.

uddermummy

i like my medela mini electric. i set it at the lowest power and don't use it for more than 20 min on each side.

when removing pump from breast, must also be gentle. i make sure i break the suction of the funnel before taking it away.

Phoebii Cheng

Yes you can sterilise it together with ur milk bottles in the steriliser.....more convinient tht way, I use the electric one cos tht time one of my fren lent it to me.........not painful at all, btw, hers is the medela swing:tlaugh:

jockey

i like my medela mini electric. i set it at the lowest power and don't use it for more than 20 min on each side.

when removing pump from breast, must also be gentle. i make sure i break the suction of the funnel before taking it away.
Hi,I am newbie here.I heard medela mini electric quite useful,although noisy but can wash easily.

Wondering how much for medela mini electric.i am thinking to buy one.