Breast pumps.

Which Manual Breast Pump do you recommend?

• The 1st Years?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medela Harmony?

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Pigeon?

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

elaine01

Which do you recommend?

I've an Avent Manual which I use in office when I lazy to use my hands. I wanna get another one for use @ home but dunno which to get. After much consideration, decided to get a brand new set but dunno which one better. Comments pls?

TIA
:red:

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
Never tried the pumps u mentioned in the poll above before so cant comment.

I'm using a Medela Pump in Style Traveller and it served me well for over 4 years. :)

Perhaps u can get an Avent Manual if u r comfortable with it? it's one of the popularly recommended pumps. :)

jlimdan

lml2402,

Are you a FTWM? If so, you will definitely need a pump to express when you are at work. If not, definitely best if you could just latch. More convenient and save time and effort.

Vone

I'm using Avent Manual ~ Will express if baby cant finish the milk.. and still having engorgment *wonder is its only me or wat when i pump the little white stopper keep coming out really annoying at times"

I prefer latching on direct.. :) Save the hassle of washing up and Baby is the best pump :D

lml2402

lml2402,

Are you a FTWM? If so, you will definitely need a pump to express when you are at work. If not, definitely best if you could just latch. More convenient and save time and effort.
hi jlimdan,

i'm SAHM. ive been direct latch for my DS for a year plus but most of my friends told me if get a breastpump can build up milk supply. i'm alittle confused here, tats why dont know whether to get it for my no.2.:embarrassed:

stonston

*wonder is its only me or wat when i pump the little white stopper keep coming out really annoying at times"
maybe u din fix it on properly...my suggestion is u go to avent showroom n buy e duckbill valve instead....tt one is better than e normal starvalve (the one tt is giving u probs)....

elaine01

I'm using Avent Manual ~ Will express if baby cant finish the milk.. and still having engorgment *wonder is its only me or wat when i pump the little white stopper keep coming out really annoying at times"

I prefer latching on direct.. :) Save the hassle of washing up and Baby is the best pump :D
it's time to change the valve.

i found it irritating unless i realise i have to change it. very annoying esp. when there's let-down, milk spray but the valve fails you.:embarrassed:

elaine01

hi jlimdan,

i'm SAHM. ive been direct latch for my DS for a year plus but most of my friends told me if get a breastpump can build up milk supply. i'm alittle confused here, tats why dont know whether to get it for my no.2.:embarrassed:
i may get a dual electric pump once i conceive my #2.

Crashz

I have been using Avent Manual for both my children and it is doing well for me, but my hand must work also when using the manual for faster flow. Heard the new ISIS breast pump is good but not cheap lor. Having the baby to latch on is best, save time and hygiene.

elaine01

I have been using Avent Manual for both my children and it is doing well for me, but my hand must work also when using the manual for faster flow. Heard the new ISIS breast pump is good but not cheap lor. Having the baby to latch on is best, save time and hygiene.
True, but when I'm away @ work, have to accumulate/express like mad to have enough for bb lor........but I :shyxxx:to give in to FM. dat why wanna get another pump for home use.

meanwhile, use manual hands expression, do need to wash & sterilise, a bit more tiring on my hands tho.........:001_302:

Vone

it's time to change the valve.

i found it irritating unless i realise i have to change it. very annoying esp. when there's let-down, milk spray but the valve fails you.:embarrassed:

yeah i totally understand wat u meant. i've did a change of the valve n now im facing the same problem again, going to change to the 3rd valve (last one too :( ). any idea where to get extra valves?

Vone

the pump always fail me with a very loud 'pop' sound then i cant pump further.

Have to stop pumping & fix the valve back to position & continue

meryl

I ve a manual avent pump but it jus not sucking. May i know is it normal? Can u advise how to use cos this is given by one of my fren n there is no manual in it. thks.

jut

hi jlimdan,

Breastfeed direct is the best! The baby is the best pump to adjust for supply. Since you have been bfg over a year, you are doing great! Unless you are talking about going out for half a day and need to leave bb with a sitter and you need milk - then you get an Avent manual pump. It is the least expensive and works the best. Frankly, pumping is a chore (Don't forget you need to buy bottles, sterliser, change teats etc!) But as a FTWM, no choice lorh.

I am using an Ameda.

Bumbo

I am using Avent! So far I feel that it is very comfortable. not painful, portable and good for once in a while use.

Pink daisy

I ve a manual avent pump but it jus not sucking. May i know is it normal? Can u advise how to use cos this is given by one of my fren n there is no manual in it. thks.
Am using the Medela elect, but notice that there's a small white plastic/silicon labyrinth-like sticked into its mouth. If that's missing the pump will not suck