Breast size / breast milk

Worrywort

My boobs did grow, but unfortunately they didn't grow till the size I hoped for ! Maybe I wasn't big to begin with (small A). While that's secondary, has anyone taken any supplements to boost supply of breast milk?

XenXuan

hi,i wanna ask u r in pregnancy now or already given birth? if still in pregnancy,dun worry,milk supply will come eventually when u give birth,juz need to keep ur nutrition intake well daily.. breast size doesnt really matters much,some will start having difference in breast size since start of pregnancy or for my case,start turning slightly bigger only in 3rd trimester..

Worrywort

Hmm nutrition ? I've been eating alot of junk food lol ! In my 24th week now but I had a friend who used to take this supplement called fenugreek... She's given birth already anyway.

XenXuan

Fenugreek is a supplement to be taken during breastfeeding.. I not sure if during pregnancy can eat or needed to eat anot.. U r in ur pregnancy now,dun need worry about breast size,it's juz normal ,some ppl can grow much in size but some juz abit..consult ur gynae for advices..

As for breastmilk supply,I dun think it's something u should worry now since haven give birth,we have too much things to worry about during pregnancy already..if u r really worried, U can start researching for food n supplements,ways to increase milk supply during breastfeeding period..

HoneybunnyZ

Bust size don't equal to the amount of milk you produced
I have known people whom are well, busty but don't have much supply or not as much as friends whom are smaller on size:)
It's okay to indulge yourself once in awhile in food but do eat as much nutritious food as you can ESP during pregnancy and bf times. In our 1st trimester, nothing or nothing much goes to our baby (so I was told) but come 2nd trimester, they start absorbing from our bodies nutritionally.

Amulet

agree with honeybunnyz..

my friend is a A cup, she breastfed her son till 5 yrs old..

Worrywort

Hmm yea I guess it's true bust size don't equate to the amt of milk u can produce. But I just hope my boobs don't shrink back! :( lol. Breastfeeding her son till 5 yrs old - she must be tely something.. I have no idea how long I can hold out...

HoneybunnyZ

Wa amulet ur fren must be a very strong person cos I m still bf my boy
At 2.5 yrs old n I m alr getting criticisms n fierce opposition even from my mom
I thought I would stop at 1 then it became 2 and now...
My biggest issue is the nap n night feed he is very insistent on bf to zzz.
Tho lac consultant n this dr told me he ll stop eventually but I hope to find a way out in case situation may nd me to.
I feel like a bad mom sometimes but I caved in to stress easily so I guess when he was a high need baby I just went with the flow n before I know it... It's like that
Oh we hv great bonding time really he jokes alot with me, is a cheery confident boy, he is very close to me and talks alot to me but he likes ppl whom can interact with him too.,.
So I dunno la...

Worry wort I also worry though I was not a A cupper I very worried how ll my breasts be like after bf is over ... Hehe ok must start my chest exercise again:)

Amulet

Wa amulet ur fren must be a very strong person cos I m still bf my boy
At 2.5 yrs old n I m alr getting criticisms n fierce opposition even from my mom
I thought I would stop at 1 then it became 2 and now...
My biggest issue is the nap n night feed he is very insistent on bf to zzz.
Tho lac consultant n this dr told me he ll stop eventually but I hope to find a way out in case situation may nd me to.
I feel like a bad mom sometimes but I caved in to stress easily so I guess when he was a high need baby I just went with the flow n before I know it... It's like that
Oh we hv great bonding time really he jokes alot with me, is a cheery confident boy, he is very close to me and talks alot to me but he likes ppl whom can interact with him too.,.
So I dunno la...

Worry wort I also worry though I was not a A cupper I very worried how ll my breasts be like after bf is over ... Hehe ok must start my chest exercise again:)
for her, i guess it's becoz it's her last baby already, like her last chance to enjoy breastfeeding.. so she just let him be n wait for him to self wean..

i breastfed my girl till around 20 months, thn she self wean n start running away each time i flash my boobs at her, or keep giggling after a few suckles n run away.. really miss breastfeeding now.. still have some colostrum like liquid, try to relatch my girl but she forgot how to latch on and she tells me 不好吃 (not yummy) :( which is true coz i taste it myself, taste like iron/blood although it doesn't looks like blood at all..

as for breast shape, i just tell myself that in future after i know i'm totally done with breastfeeding, i might as well save up $$ and go for a breast augmentation.. haha

Hmm yea I guess it's true bust size don't equate to the amt of milk u can produce. But I just hope my boobs don't shrink back! :( lol. Breastfeeding her son till 5 yrs old - she must be tely something.. I have no idea how long I can hold out...
my breasts were probably smaller than normal when i was pregnant with no 2 because i wasn't eating well and no 1 was still latching on (maybe the milk got emptied out that's why). but after the baby came, supply was good and breasts certainly weren't as big as when i was breastfeeding no 1 (even my colleagues noticed *roll eyes*) but the size really doesn't matter. i pump enough to feed both now ;)

Rachelsg

my breasts increase at least 2-3 cup size since pregnancy. i was an A-B cup and now i can easily fit in a D. i am not complaining of course hehe. i am just afraid that they will shrink too much after i give birth/ stop breastfeeding that they will sag.

any mummies have experiences of sagging breasts or ways to prevent?

Amulet

my breasts increase at least 2-3 cup size since pregnancy. i was an A-B cup and now i can easily fit in a D. i am not complaining of course hehe. i am just afraid that they will shrink too much after i give birth/ stop breastfeeding that they will sag.

any mummies have experiences of sagging breasts or ways to prevent?
What I learn was to wear a nursing bra with good support always to prevent sagging.. Regular massage will help too.. Mine sag as I hate wearing bra n is always without bra unless out from home.. But it's still one cup bigger than pre-preg..

babybull

My boobs did grow, but unfortunately they didn't grow till the size I hoped for ! Maybe I wasn't big to begin with (small A). While that's secondary, has anyone taken any supplements to boost supply of breast milk?
Hi, dun worry lah. I was completely flat-chested (ie Sammi Cheng / Stefanie Sun) before pregnant with no.1 and I actually had over-supply problems after my daughter was born... it was too painful to latch so I was pumping almost 1 litre of breastmilk a day by the time my girl was 8 days old. So don't worry yah... Oh, and your cup size will increase after your milk comes in. But unfortunately I went back to my previous size (airport runway) after stopping breastfeeding!

Btw I've heard that fenugreek and oatmeal helps with breastmilk supply issues, but I think you should take those only after establishing that you really need the supplements.

hotmilktea

i am just wondering if our breast will sag if we dont wear bra at home?
i stopped wearing bra since i am 4 weeks pregnant till now, since i am not working so i dont wear at home... will it really be bad for me? i am a cup B to C cup.

Edwinie

i'm breastfeeding now and i realise my breast is not as firm as before... =( it moves a lot if i don't wear a bra..

will it get back to being firm once i stop breastfeeding?

XenXuan

My breast sags as I dun wear bra at home too.. Been doing some breast massage after my breastmilk supply stopped,firmed back abit but it's still saggy =< dun1 bother much now oso cant bother much,already made up my mind to reshape my figure after I've given birth n stopped breastfeeding..

Rachelsg

My breast sags as I dun wear bra at home too.. Been doing some breast massage after my breastmilk supply stopped,firmed back abit but it's still saggy =< dun1 bother much now oso cant bother much,already made up my mind to reshape my figure after I've given birth n stopped breastfeeding..
hello xenxuan.
what do u mean by reshaping your figure? like going to slimming centres?

XenXuan

ya,go on diet n slim down all that..if really cannot,i shall proceed to slimming centres haha thou that might cost a bomb~~

Dragontail

I'm at 15weeks and I don't see an increase in bust size. Is this normal? My two elder sistas were doing breastfeeding yearss ago to each of their two kids. One sista stopped at 4 days and another stopped at one month because there was no supply of milk anymore. So I'm wondering I may carry their gene too :p Does bust size increase or not equate to breast milk supply?