Breastfeeding moms when did your mensus return?

Naomi

Breastfeeding moms when did your mensus return? My 9mths old boy is on total breastfeeding and till now my mensus has yet to return..wondering if thats normal?

meiteoh

Same here. I got mine around my 4th month and I was direct feeding exclusively! Some of my friends who have been breastfeeding for over 9 mths tell me that they have yet to see their Aunty Flow BUT warn me that no Aunty visit doesn't mean you cannot get pregnant. It's just normal/hormonal. :p

diymummy

Mine also returned on 3rd mth. I've read that some people's only returned when they stopped or when their kid is well above a year old while they bf exclusively.

xue

Im on total bf n my menses has return.. But my baby is only 2 mths old.. Is this normal?

cmeilim

mine dipped very very badly in the first month that my menses returned because it was totally unexpected. but for subsequent months, it was alright with some 'preventive measures' to mitigate the drop.

cmeilim

Mine yet to return.

Cmeilin - What preventive measures did you take? Drinking more nursing tea?

yup, from second month of my ms onwards, i upped my nursing tea intake a couple of days before expected date. also made sure that i drink lots of other fluid intake throughout the day. think i drank twice the usual volume, or close to it! hahaha! so far ok. =) another mummy also just told me she started drinking the tea last week when her ms returned and she could maintain her usual supply, thankfully!

meiteoh

yup, from second month of my ms onwards, i upped my nursing tea intake a couple of days before expected date. also made sure that i drink lots of other fluid intake throughout the day. think i drank twice the usual volume, or close to it! hahaha! so far ok. =) another mummy also just told me she started drinking the tea last week when her ms returned and she could maintain her usual supply, thankfully!
Same here, but not nursing tea. More water is enough already. :p

Foxtrot

My boy is 9 months plus and my menses is still not back and he's on full bf, latch on.

They always say it doesn't mean we won't get pregnant, but any one know how to tell if we do get pregnant? I mean, there's no late period sign to help.