Breastfeeding Vs Ginger Intake

-jOanna

Hi mommies! I have a question here..

My mom told me that if I'm breastfeeding, I cannot take in food that has ginger.. is it true?

JusMum

actually is to prevent ur bb getting jaudice .. wheni was breastfeeding i dun eat ginger and yellow wine , paed said dun take any of it ,cos my bb got abit jaudice ..

autumn82

My mom told me that if I'm breastfeeding, I cannot take in food that has ginger.. is it true?
:err: Your mum is "half" rite.. You can still take ginger when you're bfing, but amt slightly lesser than normal. :) And try not to take too much if your baby has high jaundice.

snowbear

Don't take TOO much ginger if you're bfding, try to avoid it if your bb's jaundice is bad. If bb's jaundice is at a normal level you can take a little bit.

autumn82

dont't take TOO much ginger if you're bfding, try to avoid it if your baby's jaundice is bad. If baby's jaundice is at a normal level you can take a little bit.
The Too much rems me of my CL lady.. I almost fainted when I saw my fish... I can't @@ the fish, only saw a plate of ginger.. Wahahahaha :x

snowbear

The Too much rems me of my CL lady.. I almost fainted when I saw my fish... I can't @@ the fish, only saw a plate of ginger.. Wahahahaha :x
:tlaugh::tlaugh:When i asked the lactation consultant if i can take some ginger she said ok to take a bit... she said "you're not going to take the whole ginger and eat right???" But i think that's what your CL did to the ginger for you... :D

autumn82

:tlaugh::tlaugh:When i asked the lactation consultant if i can take some ginger she said ok to take a bit... she said "you're not going to take the whole ginger and eat right???" But i think that's what your CL did to the ginger for you... :D
Yah! Precisely! I just f**k her upside down. Rubbish rite? Still can tell me pro in bfing.. *puI*

uddermummy

wahahaha. Maybe the CL thinks that the ginger is the main dish and the fish the side dish?

My CL told me I could only take 2 stalks of veg cos veg will make my dd's poop turn green. Guess she didn't know about hindmilk and fore milk... :swoon:

autumn82

wahahaha. Maybe the CL thinks that the ginger is the main dish and the fish the side dish?

My CL told me I could only take 2 stalks of veg cos veg will make my dear daughter's poop turn green. Guess she didn't know about hindmilk and fore milk... :swoon:
Ya, the next day onwards, she just put few shreds of ginger..

2 stalks of VEG? Wahahahah.. :p Must as well don't eat...

autumn82

wah, your CL sounds like my CL. Your CL from msia? and got 4 earrings on one ear?
Erm.. I only rem she has rebonded short hair like Aaron kwok olden days.. :p

Plus alot of calls thru out the day, sleeps @ 9pm, loves to sneak ard the hse for things. :x :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

uddermummy

hmmm. Mine didn't really sneak around the house, maybe because the house was so small cos no point sneaking? :p

Mine also had something like aaron kwok hairstyle, and hair is red colour but not rebonded. I pm you her name...

autumn82

means after birth we will fart and poop a lot? :err:
Not sure if we will fart and poop alot coz it didn't happened to me. :tlaugh: Logically, we will prob get constipated from all those heaty foods and drinks we take during the confinement month.. :p

YuFFie

Hihi, what i learnt from my antenatal classes was that don't take ginger for the first ten days after birth coz that would be the peak of newborn jaundice if any. Coz of the immature liver, taking loads of ginger which would appear in your bm would make the baby's liver to work harder thus harder to remove the bilirubin and hence jaundice. After ten days, just take ginger in moderation ba. I wouldn't eat the chunks of ginger yucks!

uddermummy

actually, I think that wraps and girdles are v useful in slimming down the tummy. And of course, not overeating. :p

-jOanna

Hihi, what i learnt from my antenatal classes was that dont't take ginger for the first ten days after birth coz that would be the peak of newborn jaundice if any. Coz of the immature liver, taking loads of ginger which would appear in your breast milk would make the baby's liver to work harder thus harder to remove the bilirubin and hence jaundice. After ten days, just take ginger in moderation . I wouldn't eat the chunks of ginger yucks!
thanks for this information! i didnt go for any classes.. my gynae said not necessary..

stonston

Actually, there's no scientific explanation regarding intake of ginger & baby's jaundice.

Do you know that in US & INDIA herbal remedies such as GINGER (either tea or pureed) are recommended to people with juandice?

A pulp of a single leaf of ghee kanvar mixed with black salt and ginger consumed every morning for ten days cures jaundice by stimulating the liver to convert bilirubin to bile. It also checks the enlargement of the liver and the spleen.
Source: Yellow Jaundice, Newborn Jaundice, Causes & Symptoms