Breastmilk are getting lesser

bruti732

diamondfericia:708473 said:
Its from the time u pump. If u use single.pump then u pump 5mins alternating.each.breast for 30mins. dual pump 15 mins. Wat i.used to do is set routine timing. Like every 3 ,6, 9, 12 pump ard the clock. Lidat u wont confused. If.u are late for eg the 3am pump and u pump at 330am, nvm juz go bck to the 6am next. Do not change the timing. This is to condition ur body to the time to produce milk.
I have a hard time tracking my pumping time too. I probably Will go around The clock like you.. I find itquite wasted for me. Though am using the dual pump Pisa, I only used one of the pump as I wan free hand on the other.
I think u use the dual pump better. More let down definitely.bcoz i did compare. Amt u get will be like double. If u want handsfree, get a hands free pump bra. I got mine here from a fellow mummy over forum. Think mums and babes sells too. Both abt 50bucks and.i think its really useful if u plan to pump frequently. I have attach a.photo of the bra.
hi mommy andie got this from me. www.facebook.com/mommysgearsbybruttie.i am using one as well and it helps me do other things while pumping

Rodorsany

Thanks ladies guess i will just press on... As for puting pump parts in fridge.... Hmmm still not very convince lol.. Now i still wash n sterilise after every pump even 3~4am... Wonder if avent sell e parts anot...

Rodorsany

Bb is 7 weeks le.. Will supply continue to increase? I just gotta a pisa so that even i go back to my parents place still can pump...

Initially i could pump abt 60 in e morning then gradually decreasing throughout e day... Til abt 5~10ml... Total for a day is abt 90.. Then was a time i only could pump abt 10~20 each pump... I pump 3hrly only skipping 1 in e middle of e night as I latch... Then total only 120~140ml... Since ytd I could pump abt 280ml in total.. So im wondering will my supply still increase?

these 7 weeks hv not been easy.. I started with half a meal to 2 full ebm for bb now.. Still 40% on fm....

I do latch her in between meals.. Sometimes is bb want comfort suck... But night is full latch...

I took suplements oats almonds soy n lotsa water... Hw else could i do?? Coz bb's appetite growing...

Rodorsany

I pump at 8am 11am 2pm 5pm 8pm 11pm and ard 5~6am... I latch through e night... Already 3hrly though at times may drag abt 4 hours

I used to miss pumping if i go out for long or back to parents place.. Gotten myself a pisa so hopefully i will pump..

PISA is a good pump. welcome to the club! Hopefully it can really help you in your pumping. I believe a good pump helps in getting more milk. I know this may sound crazy but i used to pump every 2 hourly when i wanted to increase my supply. it worked quite well for me then. my supply really went up alot. but then if it is not possible, then try fenugreek also.

germac

Hi!

agree that PISA is the best appliance ever created for expressing breast milk - the answer to all bf mothers! Beats hands down on other brands! So hope u see results soon with regular n religious pumping!

I am personally blessed with good milk supply. I had to get two chest freezers to store my ebm n had build up a good ebm bank for my little one when i return work in dec. i used to take fernugreek, but stopped when i ran out of them. But i still continued on domperidone 20mg thrice a day, then curtailed down to twice a day, and now totally stopped taking it. My supply has thus dropped so i reckon domperidone really did play a huge part..

I stopped taking it bcos i suffered fr engorgement when i tried to stop latching my girl n introduce bottle to her.
i experienced the true capability of a baby draining boobies better than a pump - it only took one day for my left breast to become engorged despite regular pumping. So i had to get my girl to latch again n she helped me clear it in two feedings! I was so thankful to her cos i was in such agony n teary due to the pain. My breast was as hard as a stone, veins bulging, felt lumpy n i was utterly miserable.

I am alittle sad that my supply has dropped, but the fear of a recurrent engorgement with domperidone consumption during the transition of bottle introduction is enough to deter me from taking it again.. For now...

andieluv2

Rodorsany:712503 said:
Bb is 7 weeks le.. Will supply continue to increase? I just gotta a pisa so that even i go back to my parents place still can pump...

Initially i could pump abt 60 in e morning then gradually decreasing throughout e day... Til abt 5~10ml... Total for a day is abt 90.. Then was a time i only could pump abt 10~20 each pump... I pump 3hrly only skipping 1 in e middle of e night as I latch... Then total only 120~140ml... Since ytd I could pump abt 280ml in total.. So im wondering will my supply still increase?

these 7 weeks hv not been easy.. I started with half a meal to 2 full ebm for bb now.. Still 40% on fm....

I do latch her in between meals.. Sometimes is bb want comfort suck... But night is full latch...

I took suplements oats almonds soy n lotsa water... Hw else could i do?? Coz bb's appetite growing...
Yes!!! it will still increase!! at abt 1 month, i pump abt 300mls.per.day only!! average 50mls every 3hrly. I wanted.to.give up but i tell myself to press on. I am so determine that i took no pay to make sure i bf her till 6 months coz i cant have enough to store for her. I could only pump and give, pump and give.

Like u, initially bb get 1 full feed ebm then up to 2 feeds then up to only night feed is fm, the rest is ebm. Finally at 2.5months, i managed to convert her to total bm till now. We are at her 4.5months liao and my supply is still increasing. Sometimes it dip a little then go bck to norm. But dun get discourage. This phase will pass. My goal is 6 months and once i start work i may start her fm again but i may continue. See how first.

So dont give up okay!!! i'm sure u can do it!!!

germac

Just wanna check do u gals see dr to get med to increase supply... My gynea dun believe in taking meds...
Hi dear, if im not wrong, fernugreek n domperidone r actually OTC drugs. Fernugreek can definitely get from gnc. As for Domperidone, i think it can b purchased from a pharmacist without prescription but have to tell a white lie n say its for indigestion. Cos increasing bm supply is actually a side effect of domperidone, not the true indication for it. Hence the pharmacist may not be keen to dispense. Also, if u ask for domperidone to increase milk supply, the pharmacist may not b keen to dispense as the dose varies n therefore he/she may request u to produce a dr prescription for it.

Generally, domperidone Can be taken 20mg, three times a day, as per kk hospital advice.

Rodorsany

Thanks.. Will guardian pharmacy has it?? I took fenugreek... Increase got... But very little.. Cam doperidone taken with fenugreek

verieying

I personally prefer latching to Pumping now that i am latching - prev. when I pumped, i find that it is time consuming and that the fact that I feed my baby Warmed up EBM, he tends to be gassy whenever we visit the doc, no such comment ever since i started latching... Just my 2 cents worth ;)

andieluv2

Rodorsany:713566 said:
Thanks.. Will guardian pharmacy has it?? I took fenugreek... Increase got... But very little.. Cam doperidone taken with fenugreek
Can. Am taking frenugreek 3tabs 3x a day and domperidone 2tabs 4x a day. For me, its not very effective. I think it really depends on individuals. So far with TCM i can see the effect most drastic and lasting...