Brush baby's teeth

hai,mummy... everytime i brush my bb's teeth,she wil cry,but i still insist to brush her teeth altough she cries.my bb is 16mths nw.. any mummy can share wif me hw u brush ur bb's teeth?

vinder79

i use oral B kids toothpaste for my son it has a sweet taste.I think children will surely cry at first cause u have put an alien thing into their mouths.I got rid of this phobia from Danson by asking him to brush my teeth first then his.Now at 23 mths he brushes every day.

raeka

Maybe u can try on some show which show the children brushing their teeth or song may help them.
so far my boy watch Barney song and inside the show have a song of brushing the teeth.
if she doesn't want maybe u can also show her u and ur hubby brush teeth before u went to sleep .
Or how about alternate day ? afraid forcing too much might cause her don't like it.
Hope can help u!

annie

my girl has been screaming throughout the brushing session since day 1 but she love brushing her own teeth. when i brush her, at first she is ok. but after a while she will start fussing. think she dosent like me to brush her lower teeth cos she always start to fuss once i started brushing her lower teeth..

Phoebii Cheng

My son at first don't like the idea too of brushing teeth, but like raeka mummy, I started of first with playing his fav show and brush....then slowly I made it fun for him by brushing his teeth, like playing like tht lah, soon as I brush his teeth daily, he get used to the idea.

diymummy

My son also do that last time.

After that I just smile and laugh while I brush his teeth and make him smile to me too so it seems brushing is fun. Now he's ok

He didn't like the Pigeon toothbrush. I'm using the finger brush with First Teeth toothpaste.

shuna

my girl also doesn't like to brush teeth. She even refuse to open her mouth at all!!

So I seldom brush her teeth now. :(

jojoki

my dd loves brushing teeth haha! after bathing she will hand me the toothbrush ask me brush fr her. Every morning whn i wake up I'll show her how i wash my face, brush my teeth , etc... i think toddlers loves to imitate.. so I show her all the good habits.. (diggin nose all those do behind her) hahahaha!!

annie

yea yea my girl loves to brush my teeth early in the morning too lol. she usually rush to me when she see me brushing then she will hold my hands while i brush (as if she is brushing for me) hehe. she loves to brush her own teeth but i think its not clean enough so i always pin her down to brush n she always end up screaming n crying. but immediately after i finish brushing, i will hand her the brush n she will smile n brush by herself.

shuna, many kids dun like to get the teeth brushed.. i still think u ought to brush hers even if she hates it. its hygeine and also implement a good habit on her..

jojoki

i dun use toothpaste.. but after she play brushing i use cotton n water to rub her tongue gums and teeth.. after that make her "rinse" with drinking water...

annie

When should we start to brush our kid teeth? with toothpaste or without?
brushing wise i think as long as they have teeth u should start. toothpaste maybe after 1yr old safer. buy flouride free ones.

cmeilim

my boy is coming to one year old soon. has just three teeth and a small one sprouting, all at the bottom. i bought a set of three toothbrushes from tommy tippee brand. they are of different stages for adapting babies to the idea of having soemthing rubbing against their gums inside their mouths. not sure if these are effective. any mummies tried before?

i am a bit suspicious of baby toothpaste at the moment. dun really know how to choose. the ones with flavour - they are flavoured with artificial flavourings, right?

qween

first time she always refuse if I want to brush her teeth, but after persuade her and showing her when I'm brushing my teeth now a bit better.
but every time I rub her tongue with cotton gauze swab, she will bite me for sure, it's really hurts :( coz her teeth are sharp and she use all her strength to bite me. any idea to make her voluntary let me clean her tongue ??

ps: now my right finger skin become very rave and some times pain

raeka

first time she always refuse if I want to brush her teeth, but after persuade her and showing her when I'm brushing my teeth now a bit better.
but every time I rub her tongue with cotton gauze swab, she will bite me for sure, it's really hurts :( coz her teeth are sharp and she use all her strength to bite me. any idea to make her voluntary let me clean her tongue ??

ps: now my right finger skin become very rave and some times pain

my boy do that too when he was before 14month. I will tell him mummy pain pain and show him my finger too.. carry on for many month now he know and wont bite me.
somemore a few time my hubby was around he will keep saying too.
I will also tell him now mummy washing ur tongue so u cannot bite mummy . if not mummy will be pain pain.
Hope u will success soon.

TANZHENZHI

Yes my son also the same. Everytime want to clean his tongue, he will bite my finger. It really hurts alot. I also tell him that i going to clean his tongue and tell him to open his mouth for me to clean. Now he understand better and seldom bite my finger. :) I also make it a habit to brush his teeth everyday he shower in the morning and evening.

diymummy

I use the Stage 2 Pigeon Toothbrush. It has bristles on one side and the other side has bumps on them for you to either clean the tongue or the gum area without teeth.

This has served me well when he started to bite me when I was using the finger brush. He also prefers the proper toothbrush than the finger brush. I think it's because he doesn't have to open his mouth too big with the toothbrush.

ginko

When should we start to brush our kid teeth? with toothpaste or without?
you can start with tooth wipes even before the teeth are out. I started with my kids when they started teething by massaging their gums with the tooth wipes. You can buy on the following website: http://ginko-shop.com/
Start oral hygiene as early as possible as the baby will get used to it and then, it's easier to brush their teeth when they are older. My kids (3 years and 18 months) have never refused to brush their teeth and are happy to do it. I started to brush their teeth with toothpaste when the first tooth came out. I used First teeth toothpaste until they are about 16 months old and now I'm using the Pigeon natural toothpaste. The dentist told me to use fluoride free toothpaste til the kids are 6 years old.