Bumbo seat question

apollo

when ur bb can support his neck well.. it depends, some bb an supports their neck well at 4mth olds. ds can only support his neck well when he was nearly 6mths old. so we placed him at bumbo at tt age =)

charmed_one

when your baby can support his neck well.. it depends, some baby an supports their neck well at 4mth olds. dear son can only support his neck well when he was nearly 6mths old. so we placed him at bumbo at that age =)
upto when can baby use bumbo? my baby is 7 months and im thinking if i should buy or maybe she is too big already and wont use bumbo as much?
dear hubby will cut my throat if baby wont use bumbo because our house is already full of baby stuff everywhere.. hehe..

sugarcookie

upto when can baby use bumbo? my baby is 7 months and im thinking if i should buy or maybe she is too big already and wont use bumbo as much?
dear hubby will cut my throat if baby wont use bumbo because our house is already full of baby stuff everywhere.. hehe..
A Bumbo is one of those nice to have but not necessary kind of things.

Can your child sit on her own already? If she can, a bumbo won't be very useful. Once babies learn to sit, they learn to climb out of the bumbo too!

msblur

Can your child sit on her own already? If she can, a bumbo won't be very useful. Once babies learn to sit, they learn to climb out of the bumbo too!

Yes i agreed. Its nt a must loh. And moreover u wont know whether ur bb likes to put on the bumbo seat or nt. I have many frens who's bb dun like to sit on the bumbo seat & kept crying loh. In that case, it will be a waste of money alrdy. Juz my 2 cents worth. :)

angelwendy

i just bought mine on monday... but my boy neck still not that strong yet.. so have not started to use yet.... i hope he wont reject when the time comes... :001_302:

Ting

no offence to any mummies out there, but i find bumbo chair is quite redundant.
but i hv to admit, when i just heard of it, i was very tempted to get it too, cos babies look so cute in it. usually babies wont stay long inside.

jasobias

no offence to any mummies out there, but i find bumbo chair is quite redundant.
but i have to admit, when i just heard of it, i was very tempted to get it too, cos babies look so cute in it. usually babies wont stay long inside.
yup ting have to agree with u..i put reyna in at 6 weeks old n mostly used it to take pics..hahhaha..once she hit 3 months she was too fat for it..then had to sell it away.

A

Amam

My baby started using Bumbo at 3.5 mths. Like someone mentioned here, the bumbo is something nice to have if u can afford it. I was lucky to get it on loan from my friend. Will return it to her soon when my boy refuse to sit in it anymore. Now my baby is 5 mths and I use it as mainly as a baby chair, an alternative to the rocker. But my boy don't like to stay in it for too long. He will struggle and lift his butt and his face will turn red if I let him sit in it for too long.

haffa

Hello mummies...

I was also tempted to buy the bumbo seat. My girl is 6 months and i felt that the bumbo seat will be a good alternative for her fisher price bouncer. However, i think she might outgrow it soon so i rented the bumbo seat from the toy rental club. I rented it for a month and my girl has been using it. So mummies can consider renting instead of buying. :)

candy_ian

I used the bumbo for my son from 4 months when he could support his head n By the time he could sit nicely at ard 6 months he's on the high chair. So I must say bumbo is not exactly a necessity.

Verona's

Hey mummies , my baby is 4 month plus now she can support her head but she tends to bend down & lick the bumbo seat , does that mean that she is not suitable to use the bumbo seat ?

littlesheep

Hey mummies , my baby is 4 month plus now she can support her head but she tends to bend down & lick the bumbo seat , does that mean that she is not suitable to use the bumbo seat ?
Verona, my girl did the similar thing (except she is scratching it, instead of licking) when i first put her in bumbo when she is about 4 mths old. And she tends to spit out milk when we put her inside, even for a little while.

Thus my mother doesn't like to put her in bumbo. So i use it for photo-taking most of the time. :S

now at 6 mths plus, she can sit up better but likes to lean backwards after a while, so quite dangerous. Maybe she is used to sitting in her fisher price rocker which she can lean on.

newmum80

i totally agreed with sugarcookie. Got my son a bumbo, try putting him in on 3mths+, well his neck & head is still not strong & stable.. try again ard 4mths+, he is stable but only willing to sit in for short while & wanted to get out, 5mths+ he can hardly fit in the bumbo and immediately i put him in, he will struggle & wanted to get out. Maybe it is more suitable for "petite" babies but i find it is not necessary to have it.

What they claim good siting posture? what good siting posture can a babies get by sitting on it? it varies frm babies to babies...