C-sect w/ Epidural.

apple_san

Dear Mummies,

Kindly check with mummies who have goes for c-sect w/epidual.

Is there any side effect after or during the operation period if choosing this section?:err:

Phoebii Cheng

So you want to have GA instead? For both, you cannot hv meals even after the op, if not you will experience a lot of nausea and vomitting......

For me I had emergency c-sect and they gave me GA, before the op I did not eat even after the op, even though hungry still cannot eat anything.....only next day then can have the 1st meal

I am not sure abt other mummies experience though........

apple_san

I just have some prepared 1st cos I still dunno whether I can go for normal or not. baby still in breech position while my last check up. If I end up to c-sect then I might be consider choosing epidural instead but heard some ppl feel shivering during this section. so I'm curious abt what kind ofside effect will happen.

Phoebii Cheng

Actually they did inject me with epidural.....but later on when they wheel me in the theater, I vomit out, mayb I vomitted out the epidural....so when they did the pinch test, I still feel the pinch, so no choice, they gave me GA.....

U talk to ur bb, ask her to be good bb so tht u can hv normal delivery......normal delivery takes abt 6wks to recover in total, whereas, c-sect takes abt 6mths minimum.....

blue_7231

I just have some prepared 1st cos I still dont know whether I can go for normal or not. baby still in breech position while my last check up. If I end up to c-sect then I might be consider choosing epidural instead but heard some ppl feel shivering during this section. so I'm curious about what kind ofside effect will happen.
i had my 1st baby through c-section coz baby's too big so no choice have 2 c-section but b4 e operation i already was injected with epidural coz was supposed to be natural birth but my doc said it's been so long but my baby's not coming out so last min c-section... i was shivering through out the whole operation... it's better not to have epidural... now my back will hurts sometimes... & c-section no need 6mths to heal lah @ e most is only 3mths but can't carry heavy things for 3mths lah...

apple_san

I almost talk to my baby everyday cos of turn down his head. be good baby and alot blahblahblah.... I even use both eng & chinese version... Really dont know he heard it or not.

yukimaxx

Hi Apple

I had c-sect with epidural cos my baby is breech. She was in this position since she was about 26 weeks old and no matter how much I ask her to turn her head down and even went for massage by malay lady, it didn't help.

I was shivering throughout the operation. Was told it was one of the side effects. Felt a bit nauseous initially but felt ok after I told my gynae. Maybe they gave me some medication.

My op was scheduled early in the morning at 745. I was told not to eat anything past midnight. And after the op, I was not suppose to eat anything till my doc said it is ok.
Only till the evening, then I can have milo, no solid food though. And I was so hungry after the op. You are also supposed to stay in bed and not get down for 1 whole day!

As for whether you will get back ache, I was advised by my gynae that it should not be. Usually you get back ache after giving birth is because u bend forward too much during your confinement, especially when u carry ur baby up from the cot. So gotta take good care of ur back.

Phoebii Cheng

i had my 1st baby through c-section coz baby's too big so no choice have 2 c-section but before e operation i already was injected with epidural coz was supposed to be natural birth but my doc said it's been so long but my baby's not coming out so last min c-section... i was shivering through out the whole operation... it's better not to have epidural... now my back will hurts sometimes... & c-section no need 6mths to heal @ e most is only 3mths but can't carry heavy things for 3mths ...
Sorry I meant the internal wound.....

veronica

I understand there are 2 types of epidural.

If you are trying for natural, the epidural is different from the one if your c-sect is scheduled.

I tried for natural for my #1 and went into emergency c-sect. The side effect is severe shivering and after op, nausea and giddy.

My #2 was a scheduled c-sect and throughout the op, I felt breathless at times. After the op, I developed a very bad rash.

Didnt have good experience for my #2...

apple_san

I understand there are 2 types of epidural.

If you are trying for natural, the epidural is different from the one if your c-sect is scheduled.

I tried for natural for my #1 and went into emergency c-sect. The side effect is severe shivering and after op, nausea and giddy.

My #2 was a scheduled c-sect and throughout the op, I felt breathless at times. After the op, I developed a very bad rash.

Didnt have good experience for my #2...
Hi Veronica,

Thanks for sharing ur experience. I'm just prepare in case my baby still in breech position and so i might be choosing c-sect w/epi cos I wish to watch my baby 1st cry:)

jazzyjj

Alpha Male
Dear Mummies,

Kindly check with mummies who have goes for c-sect w/epidual.

Is there any side effect after or during the operation period if choosing this section?:err:
Backache for a while. After a few months then recover.

Got one ugly line across belly.

Flappy stomach for one whole year also haven't recover. Not sure is it because of the c-sect

apple_san

Backache for a while. After a few months then recover.

Got one ugly line across belly.

Flappy stomach for one whole year also have not't recover. Not sure is it because of the c-sect
I have a fren go for c-sect w/epi for her 1st baby on March. And
Her tummy back to normal (24 waist)! During her baby full month celebration!

shulyn

I just have some prepared 1st cos I still dont know whether I can go for normal or not. baby still in breech position while my last check up. If I end up to c-sect then I might be consider choosing epidural instead but heard some ppl feel shivering during this section. so I'm curious about what kind ofside effect will happen.
Yap...for me its a GA and the side effect i have is shivering for hours...I still remember i shiver for about 5 hours even after back to my ward...

It should be individual body reaction ba cos not everyone having the same:)