Caesarean GA

Phoebii Cheng

I went thru emergency caesarean under GA......

At first the gyane gave me epidural....but somehow I vomitted maybe cos' cannot eat since morning

After that not allowed to have anything for the whole day till the next morning

shi_san_yee

had c-sect GA elective. when just woke up was really uncomfortable coz virtually all the painkillers must be removed to effectively awake you, so u will feel it all...

if epidural is an option i would suggest that.

Missy S

had c-sect GA elective. when just woke up was really uncomfortable coz virtually all the painkillers must be removed to effectively awake you, so you will feel it all...

if epidural is an option i would suggest that.
Had Caesarean GA elective too... Though it is quite painful after you woke up, but I treated it as part and parcel of birth process.

I simply can't imagine going under epidural where I hear sounds and feel the pulling pressure and can't see what is going on.

apollo

i had elective c-sect. aft waking up, the wound is abit painful only. the 'big' pain only comes when u started coming up from the bed and walk on the 2nd day. but the more u walk, the faster u recover.

the bad point for GA is, u cant witness ur baby coming out and cant bf baby immediately aft c-sect =)

apollo

I went thru emergency caesarean under GA......

At first the gyane gave me epidural....but somehow I vomitted maybe cos' cannot eat since morning

After that not allowed to have anything for the whole day till the next morning
my gynae gave the green light to let me have porridge at night, cos aft waking up from c-sect GA, i was v awake thru out the day! haha! i had c-sect in the morning.

shi_san_yee

my gynae gave the green light to let me have porridge at night, cos after waking up from c-sect GA, i was very awake thru out the day! haha! i had c-sect in the morning.
i was very groggy for the whole day after i woke up, not sleepy but in a daze, like can't tell if i'm dreaming or it's real.... so it's a pity that when i saw my baby, i was more confused than amazed... was a rather negative experience for me.

ya and it's abit hard to bf

ling.er

I have my c-sec GA 3wk + ago @ M.A.H .. i agree with apollo tat e pain only come when u get up from the bed or get down .. As for mine after 1 wk the pain no more ...

apollo

i was very groggy for the whole day after i woke up, not sleepy but in a daze, like can't tell if i'm dreaming or it's real.... so it's a pity that when i saw my baby, i was more confused than amazed... was a rather negative experience for me.

ya and it's abit hard to bf
i think i'm consider lucky. cos once i woke up, i didnt slp bk until afternoon. and when i was awake, i was really AWAKE. haha... but i agree, when i just woke up, really seemed like dreaming, the feeling was v 'lost'...

Verona's

Epi would be better if you want to hear your baby first cry :)
I went for emergency c-sect with Epi , i can sense that gynae is touching my tummy only , soon another guy which help me inject the epi helped to push from top then baby is out , vomitted but , i heard & saw her really sweet look , small & playing bubbles , it is really wonderful .. But the side effects are terrible for me , i shiver alot & felt very cold .. If i have to go under the knife again , i would like to be awake :) Consider epi ..

maine78

Hi Mummies, i would like to opt for c-sec GA this round too. Would like to know how long will the "dazy" feeling last? Would like to breastfeed my bb asap in hospital. I'm not gg for epi coz 1st delivery i had natural with epi and seems like i kept having backaches after tat.

maine78

Hi Mummies, i would like to opt for c-sec GA this round too. Would like to know how long will the "dazy" feeling last? Would like to breastfeed my baby asap in hospital. I'm not gg for epi coz 1st delivery i had natural with epi and seems like i kept having backaches after that.

apollo

Hi Mummies, i would like to opt for c-sec GA this round too. Would like to know how long will the "dazy" feeling last? Would like to breastfeed my baby asap in hospital. I'm not gg for epi coz 1st delivery i had natural with epi and seems like i kept having backaches after that.
for many ppl whom i heard from, they told me they feel 'dazy' and drowsy for at least half day. my cousin had her GA c-sect in the morning, she said ard evening then she felt 'awake', b4 tt, she was abit drowsy.

but for me, my 'dazy' period only last ard an hour. the nurses and my gynae were all shocked, some nurses even 'confirm' with me if i really had GA. haha.

as for bf-ing, i tried on the 1st day aftnoon but unsuccessful, only 2nd day then successful, but not due to the GA but my own pro. i would suggest u to request for ur baby to be with u once u wake up.

saintbaby

I went thru elective C-sec GA for all my 3 deliveries. It's not that bad.. :)
THe most important thing is once u're awake from the recovery area, when you go back to your room, you need to sleep off the GA effect. Once the effect is gone, you will feel much better. :)

For my 1st one, i only had slight vomitting feeling. My 2nd time I slept.. As for my 3rd time, i had no side effects at all. I didn't really feel pain at my wound area on the 1st day. (Remember to wear your binder) Only when I got out of bed, at that moment I felt a bit of pain.. but as the mummies say here, the more you walk, the better it is. So must walk! :)

apollo

I went thru elective C-sec GA for all my 3 deliveries. It's not that bad.. :)
THe most important thing is once you're awake from the recovery area, when you go back to your room, you need to sleep off the GA effect. Once the effect is gone, you will feel much better. :)

For my 1st one, i only had slight vomitting feeling. My 2nd time I slept.. As for my 3rd time, i had no side effects at all. I didn't really feel pain at my wound area on the 1st day. (Remember to wear your binder) Only when I got out of bed, at that moment I felt a bit of pain.. but as the mummies say here, the more you walk, the better it is. So must walk! :)
i think mayb u 'immune' alrdy. cos i had 2 GA surgery right b4 i conceived ds. so my c-sect was the 3rd time i had GA within 1 yr, mayb tt's y i dun hav any 'special' effect aft tt. hehe..

saintbaby

i think mayb you 'immune' alrdy. cos i had 2 GA surgery right before i conceived dear son. so my c-sect was the 3rd time i had GA within 1 yr, mayb that's y i dont hav any 'special' effect after that. hehe..

hmm.. mine was in a difference of abt 2 yrs apart.. :)
very impt is if u're worried abt the side effects, den try to prevent it lor..

apollo

hmm.. mine was in a difference of about 2 yrs apart.. :)
very impt is if you're worried about the side effects, then try to prevent it ..
what are the side effects?
ur mean GA? i didnt really heard abt the side effects but my fren's mum told me memory will fall aft GA but will 'catch' bk aft few mths. i not sure cos my memory has been falling eversince the 1st day of my pregnancy. :tlaugh: